The Student Room Group

Celebrate trump's historic inaugeration

I am dual US/UK citizen and I love Trump.

I am happy to debate / explain why all of the following are excellent and will
transform Trump from not only being a great president but an historic world leader.

To begin the list of eagerly anticipated policies :

The Wall = great anti-crime and drugs.

Protect / return jobs to the US = great economics

NATO countries have to pay their share and not be financed by the US/UK

No Muslims = totally great, just no-other politician dares say it.

.. can't wait until tomorrow when Trump starts the ball rolling.

Does anyone agree with me ? If not, why not ?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PhysNobel

transform Trump from not only being a great president but an historic world leader.

I live in the U.S. also and I agree with most of what you say and I also look forward to someone getting us back on track. It seems to me we were just starting to get the hang of it after WWII when something happened and now the "pie" is so small it's not big enough to feed anyone.
But your, "No muslims", thing is a bit harsh. I've always liked the idea of America representing or containing a sampling of everybody on the planet. America has always been able to make Americans out of anybody. It would be interesting to see how long the Muslims can hold out before assimilating.
Reply 2
Original post by oldercon1953
I live in the U.S. also and I agree with most of what you say and I also look forward to someone getting us back on track. It seems to me we were just starting to get the hang of it after WWII when something happened and now the "pie" is so small it's not big enough to feed anyone.
But your, "No muslims", thing is a bit harsh. I've always liked the idea of America representing or containing a sampling of everybody on the planet. America has always been able to make Americans out of anybody. It would be interesting to see how long the Muslims can hold out before assimilating.

Well , I'm only for Muslims being allowed into the USA or UK ( If I were in power ) after a period of Islamic / Muslim Reformation - because one only has to look to Europe , and the recent atrocities committed in the name of Allah
to see how well "assimilated" they really are ...

Sorry - but its true. And most people think this - they just daren't say it.

Once Muslims have truly uunderstood Free Speech, Western Culture , Humour , Cartoons, Rushdie's The Satanic Verses and that let's face it - Mohammed actually comes across as a right fool in the koran - they'll be
more than welcome :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

I'm a Muslim and that's very nice of you.

The reason people like me are being banned is for one reason: Trump DOES think ALL Muslims are terrorists.

Even though I study to be a doctor (because I want to SAVE a life NOT end it) I am considered a terrorist.

But I must say, it worked out well. I was in America over the Summer and genuinely thought it was the urinal hole of all the countries and places I have been! New york etc overrated and rubbish. Paris, London and Dubai were all 100x better!!!!!!!!

Anyway my actual question: How will you pay for the wall?

If you are trying to stop terrorist attacks, why would you follow similar principles to France (a country that has been abused with terrorist attacks)? Like, I try to stay as far away from this topic in general but how stupid do you have to be to overlook that?

How can you trust Trump? A man who is going against promises etc he made he is already rethinking many (obamacare).
Trump daddy gives me a boner hehe x

Me again,

Historic world leader? Maybe because of his hateful comments?

How can you be happy at a man who mocks a disabled reporter? There is NO argument to that. You cannot do that and say things like that. Vile. Disgusting.

A man who thinks of women as objects through leaked footage?

I genuinely wait here and cannot wait to see him get started. Why? Because to anyone with half an ounce of common sense, you will see Trump just drag America into a mess and a ditch. It's going to be really funny watching how angry all you Americans get with half the things he will change. Not to mention the majority of the country actually voted aginst him ahahahhahahahaha
What Trump's wall reminds me of: https://youtu.be/976mmTNbLbg?t=28s
Reply 7
Anyone else watching to see if he gets shot?
Reply 8
Original post by UWS

Wouldn't miss it for the world. Although given that the people who are most anti-Trump have a total phobia of guns I don't expect any of the attempts to succeed.
Reply 9
Original post by UWS

that's what i was thinking lol!
Reply 10
Original post by flappydina
I'm a Muslim and that's very nice of you.

The reason people like me are being banned is for one reason: Trump DOES think ALL Muslims are terrorists.

Even though I study to be a doctor (because I want to SAVE a life NOT end it) I am considered a terrorist.

But I must say, it worked out well. I was in America over the Summer and genuinely thought it was the urinal hole of all the countries and places I have been! New york etc overrated and rubbish. Paris, London and Dubai were all 100x better!!!!!!!!

Anyway my actual question: How will you pay for the wall?

If you are trying to stop terrorist attacks, why would you follow similar principles to France (a country that has been abused with terrorist attacks)? Like, I try to stay as far away from this topic in general but how stupid do you have to be to overlook that?

How can you trust Trump? A man who is going against promises etc he made he is already rethinking many (obamacare).

Hi

Please allow me to reply to your points one at a time :

Trump does not think that all Muslims are terrorists - I challenge you to provide me with a one quote,verbatim from Trump - that contains the phrase
" all Muslims are terrorists " - or to make it even simpler for you - a quote verbatim from Trump, which follows or maintains the syntax
" all Muslims are terrorists "

I look forward to you providing that reference.

Next, there is no point make reply to the fact you study to be a doctor - what has that to do with Donald Trump... ? perhaps it's just as well you're doing something as conceptually elementary as medicine, a vocation that three of my four grandparents were in - the example of which set my far more intelligent father
to avoid it like the plague and instead become a multimillionaire & lead a happy fulfilled & uncomplaining life. Good luck with your 70 hr week
( everyone knows medicine is no longer the smart person's career choice - unless you are poor working-class )

Next, you say you find America foul - well I have visited Muslim countries,
And the irony of what you say comes crashing down on your head - because what really is foul, are religions which suppress women, persecute homosexuality, despise and publicly execute its apostates .... the " unpleasant / barbaric
Islamic practise - list is far too long : but should you need reminding just looking any Uk national newspaper - the the times the Guardian etc - nobody any longer accepts the adage that Islam is a religion of peace. Islamic reformers are routinely harried persecuted and murdered in their own countries , now that's what I call foul.

Next , the wall be paid for in in saved benefit resources to Mexicans, Trump has already shown the maths on this. It's trivially obvious, a term your stats lecture can explain to you.

Lastly , Obama care is catastrophe, one which most Americans will be happy to see reversed. Insurance based medicine is a far superior model.
Nb. May I politely ask what wonderful is form of social-NHS-like medicine is practised in Muslim countries ?

The problem, as I write elsewhere, is neither that Trump nor myself , nor most Americans or Brits hate Muslims - of course we don't, but that Muslims have failed to assimilate - with a few notable exceptions in its wealthier - already westernised class. This is now actually past debate, it is a factum that Muslim reformists, scholars are grappling with in order to solve, to avoid the ghettoisation that has ruined the multicultural ambition.

These are the problems Trump has brought to world attention: and I must thank you for making me think about them again as I reply, for I am now even more settled on their truth.

Again, I look forward to your your references & replies.

PhysNobel
Eton College soon to be at Christ Church .
Reply 11
Original post by flappydina
Me again,

Historic world leader? Maybe because of his hateful comments?

How can you be happy at a man who mocks a disabled reporter? There is NO argument to that. You cannot do that and say things like that. Vile. Disgusting.

A man who thinks of women as objects through leaked footage?

I genuinely wait here and cannot wait to see him get started. Why? Because to anyone with half an ounce of common sense, you will see Trump just drag America into a mess and a ditch. It's going to be really funny watching how angry all you Americans get with half the things he will change. Not to mention the majority of the country actually voted aginst him ahahahhahahahaha

I've taken the trouble to reply courteously to you. Suggest you try thinking before you post.

Nb. I clearly stated I had to dual UK US nationality - I am British by birth
- & Kings Scholar at Eton College.

Who's laughing now, fool.
Hyped to see him get impeached. It's gonna be like an episode of Scandal.
Reply 13
Hi

Please allow me to reply to your points one at a time :

Trump does not think that all Muslims are terrorists - I challenge you to provide me with a one quote,verbatim from Trump - that contains the phrase
" all Muslims are terrorists " - or to make it even simpler for you - a quote verbatim from Trump, which follows or maintains the syntax
" all Muslims are terrorists "

I look forward to you providing that reference.

Next, there is no point make reply to the fact you study to be a doctor - what has that to do with Donald Trump... ? perhaps it's just as well you're doing something as conceptually elementary as medicine, a vocation that three of my four grandparents were in - the example of which set my far more intelligent father
to avoid it like the plague and instead become a multimillionaire & lead a happy fulfilled & uncomplaining life. Good luck with your 70 hr week
( everyone knows medicine is no longer the smart person's career choice - unless you are poor working-class )

Next, you say you find America foul - well I have visited Muslim countries,
And the irony of what you say comes crashing down on your head - because what really is foul, are religions which suppress women, persecute homosexuality, despise and publicly execute its apostates .... the " unpleasant / barbaric
Islamic practise - list is far too long : but should you need reminding just looking any Uk national newspaper - the the times the Guardian etc - nobody any longer accepts the adage that Islam is a religion of peace. Islamic reformers are routinely harried persecuted and murdered in their own countries , now that's what I call foul.

Next , the wall be paid for in in saved benefit resources to Mexicans, Trump has already shown the maths on this. It's trivially obvious, a term your stats lecture can explain to you.

Lastly , Obama care is catastrophe, one which most Americans will be happy to see reversed. Insurance based medicine is a far superior model.
Nb. May I politely ask what wonderful is form of social-NHS-like medicine is practised in Muslim countries ?

The problem, as I write elsewhere, is neither that Trump nor myself , nor most Americans or Brits hate Muslims - of course we don't, but that Muslims have failed to assimilate - with a few notable exceptions in its wealthier - already westernised class. This is now actually past debate, it is a factum that Muslim reformists, scholars are grappling with in order to solve, to avoid the ghettoisation that has ruined the multicultural ambition.

These are the problems Trump has brought to world attention: and I must thank you for making me think about them again as I reply, for I am now even more settled on their truth.

Again, I look forward to your your references & replies.

PhysNobel
Eton College soon to be at Christ Church .

Oh man, this is not how you speak to people if you're trying to be persuasive. Or at all really. I agree with bits of what you've said, but I don't see what drenching those points in classist, self-loving insufferability does to support your case.
Original post by UWS

Would be impressive if he did. The Secret Service takes its job pretty seriously.
Reply 15
Original post by jape
Oh man, this is not how you speak to people if you're trying to be persuasive. Or at all really. I agree with bits of what you've said, but I don't see what drenching those points in classist, self-loving insufferability does to support your case.

She ( the Muslim lady poster ) was extremely offensive about the USA ...
I merely set out a reasoning which demolishes her weak response to my post. AS for classist self loving - I see no classist or narcissism in my reply either. I mention that I am a Brit and a Kings Scholar - I'm very proud of both.
My father is at Davos with Mrs May - I suppose I might be a
bit posh but I am not classist...

my real interest is Physics/ Astrophysics and Aeronautics ...but I unashamedly like Trump. He makes sense to people in need of sense, a quality great leaders should have, yet few in the modern world do.
Anyone who thinks the wall is actually going to be a thing is fooling themselves. Anyone who thinks Muslims will actually be banned from America hasn't been watching Senate questioning of Trump executives, who have stated themselves that any legislation concerning religious regulation is clearly unconstitutional. Of course, supporting the Bill of Rights seems completely fine - protecting the 2nd amendment? - until it appears to not rule in someone's favor (1st amendment right to freedom of religion?)

Trump seems to be backing away from his advertised policies one by one anyway.

I do completely agree with you on his inauguration being historical - historical for breaking almost every rule in campaign history, historical for being outrageously inexperienced in foreign affairs and policy making...

Reagan is probably rolling in his grave right now.
Well , I'm only for Muslims being allowed into the USA or UK ( If I were in power ) after a period of Islamic / Muslim Reformation - because one only has to look to Europe , and the recent atrocities committed in the name of Allah
to see how well "assimilated" they really are ...

Sorry - but its true. And most people think this - they just daren't say it.

Once Muslims have truly uunderstood Free Speech, Western Culture , Humour , Cartoons, Rushdie's The Satanic Verses and that let's face it - Mohammed actually comes across as a right fool in the koran - they'll be
more than welcome :smile:

I'm almost positive you haven't read more than a few verses of the Koran, a single ounce of the Compact of Medina, or read up on any Islamic history - as most of American's haven't. Many of these texts were written in context of tribal warfare, and were not advocating violence outside of war context.

Besides, are you seriously claiming that no Muslim has a sense of humor or understand cartoons? :lol:
Reply 18
Original post by rissanicole14
I'm almost positive you haven't read more than a few verses of the Koran, a single ounce of the Compact of Medina, or read up on any Islamic history - as most of American's haven't. Many of these texts were written in context of tribal warfare, and were not advocating violence outside of war context.

Besides, are you seriously claiming that no Muslim has a sense of humor or understand cartoons? :lol:

The "aha but tribes" explanation isn't going to float when you're trying to convince me that your book is the literally transcribed word of God and that it's the final revelation with no room for reinterpretation.

Don't crucify me, I'm on the retrograde mobile app.
The border guards I watched being interviewed said they actually prefer a fence because you can see what's happening on the other side and the money would be better spent on more bodies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending