The Student Room Group

Hard brexit here we come!

Scroll to see replies

Looking forward to the second Scottish Independence referendum. It's time to abandon the sinking ship.
Original post by MathsAndCoffee
Looking forward to the second Scottish Independence referendum. It's time to abandon the sinking ship.

Enjoy waiting 20 plus years for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
Original post by MathsAndCoffee

You think Scotland would better off out of the UK?
I have a few offers deferred for 2018 as an EU student. How likely are EU fees to increase for 2018/19 onwards, would you say? I'm considering trying to move my offers to 2017, if possible in order to not risk it.
Original post by Thomazo
I have a few offers deferred for 2018 as an EU student. How likely are EU fees to increase for 2018/19 onwards, would you say? I'm considering trying to move my offers to 2017, if possible in order to not risk it.

If you come in before we exit then you have no risk as the government have pledged that already

Posted from TSR Mobile
whats actually happening on the Brexit thing? takes me far too much energy following this depressing heap of shite properly anymore
Reply 166
Original post by hellodave5
whats actually happening on the Brexit thing? takes me far too much energy following this depressing heap of shite properly anymore

Negotiations haven't started yet, but May's speech recently was very encouraging.
Original post by paul514
If you come in before we exit then you have no risk as the government have pledged that already

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you show me where they have pledged that? Regarding the fees, they have only officially announced that students starting in 2017/18 will have the home fees. But there has been no word on 2018/19 onwards.
Original post by Thomazo
Could you show me where they have pledged that? Regarding the fees, they have only officially announced that students starting in 2017/18 will have the home fees. But there has been no word on 2018/19 onwards.

Quick Google will show it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hellodave5

I was going to answer this, but then I saw you'd already covered the ground. No pun intended. :teehee:
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Not the impression I got.

Ever heard of the term majority? If the polls are anything to go by, a vast majority of Germans would still vote for Merkel's party, its coalition partner (social democrats), or any other center-left parties that support EU membership and bailing out fellow EU states that are in dire need of help (with stringent austerity measures following, of course). So yeah, 'ignoring' the point of the extremists (which are thankfully a small minority, unlike in Britain) is very much the way to go forward.

No irony there, you just -as usual- don't get it. Yes, Britain is insignificant on a global scale. Politically, economically, population size wise. The EU doesn't really need you lot.
What bugs me (and many other Europeans, and thankfully also our guys in Brussels) is that you have committed treason against the European idea and have the cheek to try and mix-and-match your privileges. That is why I follow the negotiations very closely, and enjoy it very much to see how it slowly sinks in what a monumental mistake this was for Britain.

What about the majority that voted for Brexit, hmm? :smug:

Have you still not caught on that the hoighty-toighty hyperbola that you're still spewing (months after the referendum) is exactly what cost the remain side the referendum? People don't appreciate being spoken to in that tone of voice, especially when what you're saying is so utterly hysterical and bordering on obsession.

So the postgraduate and mature students sub-forums are just for decoration then, you halfwit? I'm seriously tired of discussing with uneducated children on here.

You went to London South Bank University. Wouldn't wipe my arse with a degree from there.
Original post by paul514
Quick Google will show it

Posted from TSR Mobile

:confused: All a quick google shows is statements about the 2017/18 academic year, all of which state that nothing is confirmed regarding 2018/19 onwards. So if your google shows something my google doesn't, I'd be glad to see that.
Original post by Thomazo
:confused: All a quick google shows is statements about the 2017/18 academic year, all of which state that nothing is confirmed regarding 2018/19 onwards. So if your google shows something my google doesn't, I'd be glad to see that.

I was just going by the speech May made a few months back on all rights currently enjoyed staying as long as the person is in before the leave date which is March 2019 at earliest.

She mentioned science and students specifically in that speech

Posted from TSR Mobile
The main thing people don't understand is that brexit supporters aren't against the EU or the Europeans, and that we didn't just vote to help Britain thrive in the world, but it's a much needed wake up call for the EU to seriously and quickly reform or face abandonment and collapse.
Original post by midnightice
You went to London South Bank University. Wouldn't wipe my arse with a degree from there.

Maybe you should, as I am more successful and earn more than you ever will in your life.
Original post by jf1994
What about the majority that voted for Brexit, hmm? :smug:

That majority voted the way it did for mostly xenophobic and/or nationalist motives There are good and bad majorities. Has nothing to do with my point though which was to show what the majority of German people think.

Original post by jf1994

Have you still not caught on that the hoighty-toighty hyperbola that you're still spewing (months after the referendum) is exactly what cost the remain side the referendum? People don't appreciate being spoken to in that tone of voice, especially when what you're saying is so utterly hysterical and bordering on obsession.

You know, I don't give a flying ****. I'll happily talk down to those people all day long while elections and referendums go against my preference.
These people are only punishing themselves - Brexit will hurt all Brits but it'll hurt the uneducated nationalists the most, their jobs will go first. The deplorables that voted Trump into office will not get their jobs, 'their country' back, they'll just lose their affordable health care and pay more for the imported goods they've gotten so used to.
I'll never treat these people with respect and try to reason with them calmly. Supporting the far superior ideology (leftism, liberalism) and being intelligent, educated, and wealthy will always see me come out on top anyway.
Maybe you should, as I am more successful and earn more than you ever will in your life.

You really are a bit of a nob aren't you.

You couldn't possibly know how much someone will earn or how successful someone will be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
You really are a bit of a nob aren't you.

You couldn't possibly know how much someone will earn or how successful someone will be.

Of course I can't. But reading someone's posts (drawing inferences about their intelligence and employability given my life and professional experience), knowing they'll graduate into an isolated economy caught in recession, assuming they are not fluent in a second -let alone third- language (like the overwhelming majority of Brits) and knowing how far my income is above average and median I can make a pretty solid assumption.
Original post by Josb
You think Scotland would better off out of the UK?

Scotland can just leave and get Westminster to give them whatever they want. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending