The Student Room Group

should i drop out of uni

currently in my second year mech eng student, however ive been struggling with the course material and my grades arent good. i dont procrastinate and i try my best but i simply just dont understand and im struggling with the step up. what should i do? my a level grades werent great either, i think i shouldve done a foundation year first...
Original post by chukster97
currently in my second year mech eng student, however ive been struggling with the course material and my grades arent good. i dont procrastinate and i try my best but i simply just dont understand and im struggling with the step up. what should i do? my a level grades werent great either, i think i shouldve done a foundation year first...

You need to speak to your tutor about what you're struggling with.

They'll be best placed to help you work out what your options are and what can be done to help you improve.

There's zero point in dropping out just because you're struggling. You need to exhaust all sources of help and support and if they're not useful/working then you need to come up with a plan for what you'd do instead of your degree. Just giving up without an alternative is going to make you feel like crap.
Reply 2
Alright, I'll give it a go
yes
Can I ask if you drop out, do you still have to pay the university fees? What if you have no money? Will it be paid back like it would normally have been, when you are earning over 21 K a year?
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
You need to speak to your tutor about what you're struggling with.

They'll be best placed to help you work out what your options are and what can be done to help you improve.

There's zero point in dropping out just because you're struggling. You need to exhaust all sources of help and support and if they're not useful/working then you need to come up with a plan for what you'd do instead of your degree. Just giving up without an alternative is going to make you feel like crap.

Can I still get a 2:1 if I have a bad semester?
Can I still get a 2:1 if I have a bad semester?

It depends on how bad and how your university calculates degree classifications for your course.

Hello,

First of all talk to student support, your lecturers and your welfare officer. Explain how you are feeling and see if they can offer you support and see what they suggest - attempt to get to the end of the year and get your credits from that and then see where to go from there. There is always plenty of options and a lot of support available.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending