The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCF Ba (Hons) Hair & makeup for fashion applicants 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kagiaa
I was going to go there but I'm thinking of going sketch house or highline if I get in.
Yeah I was thinking that.
What are you gonna put in your portfolio? As I see fashion students have sketchbooks with loads of fashion illustrations but with makeup I feel that we can only show the finish product in a portfolio like photoshoots or mood boards with inspo on them and maybe a facechart here and there. Feel like I need more than a photoshoot portfolio and mood boards.

I think im going to do a big sketchbook to go along with my photographic portfolio to showcase the ideas behind each photo.. I feel like that may be enough.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by RebeccaLDavies93
I think im going to do a big sketchbook to go along with my photographic portfolio to showcase the ideas behind each photo.. I feel like that may be enough.

I have done a lot of mood boards to go with them.
Just dunno what sketches you can do for makeup.
Original post by Kagiaa
I have done a lot of mood boards to go with them.
Just dunno what sketches you can do for makeup.

I've mainly just done notes with colour swatches then added the mood boards and the face charts. It's basically any ideas etc that I used to help create the final looks
Reply 23
I've mainly just done notes with colour swatches then added the mood boards and the face charts. It's basically any ideas etc that I used to help create the final looks

Ah ok! I see what you mean. I do things like that on rough paper but never thought as using them to show how I got to a final look 😂 Just show a photographer or something.
Original post by Kagiaa
Ah ok! I see what you mean. I do things like that on rough paper but never thought as using them to show how I got to a final look 😂 Just show a photographer or something.

I just thought it would fill it up and show ideas of how I created the look. It'll be something we do on the course so I thought I'd show it in my portfolio work hahaha
Reply 25
I just thought it would fill it up and show ideas of how I created the look. It'll be something we do on the course so I thought I'd show it in my portfolio work hahaha

Yeah we would do. Think I may just dedicate a little book with what ideas I had from looks I've done as I've included some in my mood boards anyway.
I'm making a proper book with final images in only. Then a folder with mood boards in. A project I worked on in school and then a little idea book! You presenting final images in their own place?
Original post by Kagiaa
Yeah we would do. Think I may just dedicate a little book with what ideas I had from looks I've done as I've included some in my mood boards anyway.
I'm making a proper book with final images in only. Then a folder with mood boards in. A project I worked on in school and then a little idea book! You presenting final images in their own place?

Yeah that'll be good. I do, I have it's similar to a display book if I can find the name I'll comment it. I'm putting all final images in that book. Then I'm organising everything else in a sketchbook.
Reply 27
Yeah that'll be good. I do, I have it's similar to a display book if I can find the name I'll comment it. I'm putting all final images in that book. Then I'm organising everything else in a sketchbook.

Seem like we should be ok as we all have similar ideas!
Have you heard of blurb? I'm ordered mine from them and ah would love to see what that book is like.
Just all a waiting game now really haha 😂😭
Original post by Kagiaa
Seem like we should be ok as we all have similar ideas!
Have you heard of blurb? I'm ordered mine from them and ah would love to see what that book is like.
Just all a waiting game now really haha 😂😭

No I know I've never felt more terrified for anything. Waiting is killing me 😂😩
Reply 29
Original post by Kagiaa
Ahh amazing. You waiting on the mini portfolio now? What would you send in?
Also any of you guys have Instagram or anything?

I've applied to Southampton Solent as well, seems that was the only other uni that I could do make-up as a full degree at that wasn't for special effects or performance! I sent off a portfolio to them last week with some of my work I've already done, and selections of art fro old sketch books along with some analysis of my work! Yeah its @beccistokeld, what's yours?? x
Reply 30
Original post by rstk97
I've applied to Southampton Solent as well, seems that was the only other uni that I could do make-up as a full degree at that wasn't for special effects or performance! I sent off a portfolio to them last week with some of my work I've already done, and selections of art fro old sketch books along with some analysis of my work! Yeah its @beccistokeld, what's yours?? x

I was going to apply to them but I'm not interested on being on a course that isn't fashion makeup based but does look good.
If they like what they see will they give you an interview or an offer?
I've got an interview for Salford on Wednesday, will show them my website and my folder full of mood boards.
Mine is bekkaharvey_mua
Reply 31
Anyone heard back for interviews yet?
Reply 32
I am literally just about to send off my portfolio, I'm so worried that what I've got in there just really isn't enough hahaha oh well fingers crossed ey! I feel so late doing everything I haven't had any time to do any make-up that I'm really happy with because of course deadline act, but I suppose loads of people will be in the same boat as me
Reply 33
Original post by Kagiaa
I was going to apply to them but I'm not interested on being on a course that isn't fashion makeup based but does look good.
If they like what they see will they give you an interview or an offer?
I've got an interview for Salford on Wednesday, will show them my website and my folder full of mood boards.
Mine is bekkaharvey_mua

Sorry I've only just seen this! How did the interview at Salford go? I was only really interested in Southampton because I work on the isle of wight a little bit so it's familiar, literally just desperate for a uni that did a degree in makeup!
Reply 34
Original post by rstk97
I am literally just about to send off my portfolio, I'm so worried that what I've got in there just really isn't enough hahaha oh well fingers crossed ey! I feel so late doing everything I haven't had any time to do any make-up that I'm really happy with because of course deadline act, but I suppose loads of people will be in the same boat as me

Yeah defiantly! As I have sent mine back in December there are things I would love to send in now if I had the chance! But I guess if I'm lucky and I get the interview then it's fine as I can show my recent stuff to them then but hoping what I gave them already is enough for the next step. I'm sure you'll be fine, just be positive ☺but I know the feeling. We all have other things to do so we have tons on our plates atm 😭.
Reply 35
Original post by rstk97
Sorry I've only just seen this! How did the interview at Salford go? I was only really interested in Southampton because I work on the isle of wight a little bit so it's familiar, literally just desperate for a uni that did a degree in makeup!

It went well! Just chatted a little too much but it shows passion I guess so I feel like I'm over worrying. Other than that they said I had flair for high fashion makeup and that I have passion so I'm sure good comments mean something. Fingers crossed they gave me an offer.
Ah so have you had an interview with them or just waiting for a reply? Good luck though seems like it would be a good place for you with juggling work and uni!
Reply 36
Anyone heard anything yet?
Wish we all hear something soon! Getting close to the interview week now! :redface:
Original post by Kagiaa
Anyone heard anything yet?
Wish we all hear something soon! Getting close to the interview week now! :redface:

Nope not a thing. So nervous now knowing it's getting closer :frown: haha
Reply 38
Nope not a thing. So nervous now knowing it's getting closer :frown: haha

I just called the college up and got to a receptionist who put me to someone (wasn't sure who) and they weren't there so I had to leave a message.
Thought if I call I could find out when they will send the invites out but no luck 😞
Original post by Kagiaa
I just called the college up and got to a receptionist who put me to someone (wasn't sure who) and they weren't there so I had to leave a message.
Thought if I call I could find out when they will send the invites out but no luck 😞

Ah I was going to email at the end of the week. To find out. Hopefully it's this week though 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending