The Student Room Group

Nomura A level insight day

Anyone who has applied for this year or previous year, how long did it take them to process your application sent mine off and got a confirmation email on the 6th of January. Is it good I haven't heard back yet? Also in a similar situation with the HSBC retail banking summer work experience, I passed the online assessment on the 27th of December.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Last year HSBC got back to me last January and I hear from Nomura in November but I did apply in September so roughly 2 months. I did the placement at Nomura if you have any questions about it.
If you're talking about the HSBC work experience I think you are I did that last year (wasn't the best work experience) and they got to me a few days after I applied giving me an online assessment which I had passed and then a telephone interview around January.

I was notified by the end of March that I got the work experience.

Applied to Nomura as well this year however didn't know it was a rolling basis so I probs wont get it (applied this month :s-smilie:)
No acknowledgement yet but hopefully I hear something.

Good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Maceyf
Last year HSBC got back to me last January and I hear from Nomura in November but I did apply in September so roughly 2 months. I did the placement at Nomura if you have any questions about it.

Thanks for the reply, if you don't mind talking about it, what was the application process like after the initial application was it just a telephone interview? Have you stayed in contact with them, if so how are they like with a transfer onto a spring week in the 1st year of uni, do many people do that? What was the day like? how many people were there? what did you do etc? Sorry for the number of questions... :colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by DamnDaniel2
If you're talking about the HSBC work experience I think you are I did that last year (wasn't the best work experience) and they got to me a few days after I applied giving me an online assessment which I had passed and then a telephone interview around January.

I was notified by the end of March that I got the work experience.

Applied to Nomura as well this year however didn't know it was a rolling basis so I probs wont get it (applied this month :s-smilie:)
No acknowledgement yet but hopefully I hear something.

Good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you'll get the insight day and I look forward to seeing you there (If I get it..)
Reply 5
When I did it for Nomura it was just a cv and cover letter no interviews at all. I added the staff on linked in and the other participants so in a way we have kept in contact. Last year everyone in year 13 got automatic fast track to spring week I think or at least most people did. It was three days last year and I found it really enjoyable there was lots of networking and case studies and a formal group presentation at the end of the last day. There were around 50 participants.
Reply 6
Maths, further maths, economics and accounting
I think I already said what it involves in the previous post
ive done this programme and its gr8. definitely the best insight day i did. Then again Nomura has always had a reputation for being the posh and clinical one.
Wow so I got another "your application has been successfully submitted" email.
Reply 9
Original post by knightchildish
Wow so I got another "your application has been successfully submitted" email.

Just got exactly the same, I assume it was an error..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied 2 days before the deadline cos I randomly came across it and thought 'why not'. Didn't realize it was on a rolling basis so its probably already full but oh well. Got an acknowledgment email this morning. Any other things I can apply to now for yr 13s?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by theaverage
I applied 2 days before the deadline cos I randomly came across it and thought 'why not'. Didn't realize it was on a rolling basis so its probably already full but oh well. Got an acknowledgment email this morning. Any other things I can apply to now for yr 13s?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The BAML one may still be open but probably full, I'm not sure about any others. The CS day may still be open but probably full.
Original post by Dvizex
The BAML one may still be open but probably full, I'm not sure about any others. The CS day may still be open but probably full.

Guess I'm a bit too late to the game, thanks anyways :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I just received an email to confirm my place for the Insight day. I'm a little confused though, does this mean that I've secured a work experience placement or will I be chosen to do work experience based on my 'performance' at the insight day.
Reply 14
Original post by SafiyahZ
Hi, I just received an email to confirm my place for the Insight day. I'm a little confused though, does this mean that I've secured a work experience placement or will I be chosen to do work experience based on my 'performance' at the insight day.

Congrats you've got a place on the insight day, it lasts one day and an insight into how Nomura works etc.. I don't think they offer 'work experience' at A level unless you know someone at the bank. It could lead onto a spring week if they like you/it looks good on a CV for spring weeks which take place during the first of uni.

When did you do your interview? Mine was last Friday, am yet to hear back.
I didn't have an interview...
I applied through IntoUniversity around December time and was expecting to have an interview but just received an email on Wednesday confirming that I'd been accepted. Maybe we didn't apply to the same thing...
I applied through IntoUniversity around December time and was expecting to have an interview but just received an email on Wednesday confirming that I'd been accepted. Maybe we didn't apply to the same thing...

Maybe they liked you soooo much that they straight away gave you a place haha.

Um what's your insight programme called?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Given what IntoUniversity do, they might have a different system for your application? Congrats regardless, applicants per place is hardly a comforting statistic!
It's just called Nomura Insight Day. It's on Wednesday 15th February and that's literally all I know. I applied for work experience but the email confirms it's just a day programme, which is a little annoying.
What year are you in? Maybe they have different programmes for different years

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending