The Student Room Group

what's your five year plan?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zozaaaa
What uni you thinking of applying to? I want to do similar and I've applied to UoB, hoping to get in the MSci course after my first year if I get all firsts

I'm going to Newcastle :smile:
I did love UoB though, but they were the only uni to reject me lol
Good luck! I assume you're doing psychology?
Original post by Allie4
I have contemplated it many times, the houses are ridiculously cheap in places like Scotland. But then people are paying more for the area and life aren't they than the home.
And thats the catch-22 for me too. I would love nothing more than to own my own home but I am a Londoner born and bred, all my friends, family and memories are here. I just can't see myself living anywhere else I'm afraid. Why the hell wasn't I born and raised in a cheaper area? So damn annoying!

I guess for me moving away from where I grew up is something I'd always wanted to do so moving a couple of hours drive away wasn't too much on an adjustment for me. I don't know my rent's and living costs are quite cheap and i m not really paying for the area either so depends where it is I suppose.
Reply 22
Original post by claireestelle
I guess for me moving away from where I grew up is something I'd always wanted to do so moving a couple of hours drive away wasn't too much on an adjustment for me. I don't know my rent's and living costs are quite cheap and i m not really paying for the area either so depends where it is I suppose.

Are you planning on buying your own home some day?
I would like to graduate next year with a decent 2:1/1st in my law degree, train with a Magic Circle law firm then work into an amalgamation of commercial law and cybersecurity perhaps as an advisor to promising startup.

I hope my partner and I will be at the point where: i) we're close to getting engaged and ii) we're looking for a long-term home somewhere in commuting distance to London.

In an ideal world, I will also take better care of my health and fitness. I'm not expecting to be a world-class athlete but I'd like to bulk up a little and get back into long distance running.
Original post by Allie4
Are you planning on buying your own home some day?

we're intending on buying towards the end of 2018 (could be a few months earlier depending on how saving goes) assuming house prices round here don't go crazy :smile:
Finish my A Levels, then study Automotive Engineering for 4 years and then hopefully moving out of my parents house

Spoiler

Reply 26
we're intending on buying towards the end of 2018 (could be a few months earlier depending on how saving goes) assuming house prices round here don't go crazy :smile:

You're so lucky :frown:
Original post by ProspVacSchemer
I would like to graduate next year with a decent 2:1/1st in my law degree, train with a Magic Circle law firm then work into an amalgamation of commercial law and cybersecurity perhaps as an advisor to promising startup.

I hope my partner and I will be at the point where: i) we're close to getting engaged and ii) we're looking for a long-term home somewhere in commuting distance to London.

In an ideal world, I will also take better care of my health and fitness. I'm not expecting to be a world-class athlete but I'd like to bulk up a little and get back into long distance running.

sounds like you've got it all planned out :smile:
Original post by Allie4
You're so lucky :frown:

well the main reason i can afford my half of a deposit is through relatives dying, so in that sense not so lucky but if that hadn't happened i'd have been much harder on myself with saving and would be having a smaller wedding. I guess you just have to decide if living in london means so much to you that you feel happy in renting for life.
I'm moving to London in september for my postgrad, after that hopefully find a job (Anything at first just to keep me alive.) Stay in London whilst I find the job i actually want to do. My boyfriend graduates in 2018 so he's moving down with me, then he's doing a postgrad, so by the time he finishes we'll hopefully be married with children with good jobs
Reply 30
well the main reason i can afford my half of a deposit is through relatives dying, so in that sense not so lucky but if that hadn't happened i'd have been much harder on myself with saving and would be having a smaller wedding.

oooh thats sad, sorry :ashamed2: now i feel bad
Original post by Allie4
oooh thats sad, sorry :ashamed2: now i feel bad

I didn't mean to make you feel bad, sorry, i just meant it wasn't exactly luck, just the hands life dealt me.
Original post by Jackieox
I'm moving to London in september for my postgrad, after that hopefully find a job (Anything at first just to keep me alive.) Stay in London whilst I find the job i actually want to do. My boyfriend graduates in 2018 so he's moving down with me, then he's doing a postgrad, so by the time he finishes we'll hopefully be married with children with good jobs

Sounds like you've got quite the plan, has moving to london been something you've always wanted to do then? :smile:
Complete a placement year working within criminal justice/prisons then Finish uni with a 2:1. Get a job relevant to my degree (not sure exactly what I want to be yet) would also like to have 1-2 children by then
- Survive A-levels
- Study French, Beginners Spanish and Translation (and Interpretation) at uni for 4 years

If uni doesn't happen:
- Cry
- Work at IKEA :thumbsup:
Reply 35
stay alive and f*ck up as little as possible :P
Work with animals

Get fully over my health conditions or at least be able to successfully manage them

Live in a better house or flat than I do now

Be a size 8 again :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Get a good job
Expand social circle
Find a partner
Pass driving test
Move out
Original post by Spock's Socks
Work with animals

Get fully over my health conditions or at least be able to successfully manage them

Live in a better house or flat than I do now

Be a size 8 again :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

working with animals is a great plan :smile:
A life lesson I've learnt is to not make plans because things will never go the way you want it to

Quick Reply