The Student Room Group

Lack of energy, getting tired easily - how would you deal with it?

Hi guys!
I've got a problem. I get tired very easily when I study. I'm NOT lazy, however, and I'm frightened when I think about the upcoming exams. How would you deal with the exhaustion? It often happens to me not only before the exams and this is even worse than the exam stress!
Somebody help me...
Thank you in advance.
Original post by Patryk1992
Hi guys!
I've got a problem. I get tired very easily when I study. I'm NOT lazy, however, and I'm frightened when I think about the upcoming exams. How would you deal with the exhaustion? It often happens to me not only before the exams and this is even worse than the exam stress!
Somebody help me...
Thank you in advance.

I have chronic fatigue syndrome, so definitely know how you feel. Try and keep as hydrated as you can, because it really helps. Take a bottle of water into the exam with you. It might be worth seeing a doctor as well. You might find you're a little low on iron or something. Stay as calm as you can, and take plenty of breaks when you're studying. Sleep as well as you can well the night before, and maybe consider walking to the exam centre over driving or taking a bus as the fresh air can really help!
I was suffering from the same thing, I was always tired and then just 2 months ago randomly I decided to go for a blood test and tbh the reason behind all this tiredness was that I had no Iron and Vitamin D in my body and this is a major cause of tiredness, i suggest you get your blood checked, I was given tablets and now I am regaining my energy, you might want to give that bloody test a try as it could be the cause

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stress is exhausting. It takes it's toll both physically and emotionally. The intense concentration required during exams is also tiring. Easier said than done I know, but try to give yourself a break. Get plenty of rest, eat nourishing foods (preferably with some orange juice or other form of vitamin C to aid iron absorption) and be sure to drink enough water. Maybe start taking a multivitamin or a tonic like Floradix/Metatone just to boost you.

Firstly, I would get any medical issues ruled out. Have you had your iron levels and thyroid function checked for example? Maybe go to your GP and ask for a full blood test so that you can at least eliminate or treat any physical cause for the tiredness.

Are you up to date with sight tests too? Eye strain alone or a change in prescription can also cause fatigue.
(edited 7 years ago)
I have a sinus infection And I did have à toothache and athsma and they're all mood killers in their own way! Get checked in these
Sorry- forgot to say- anxiety is also very tiring. The brain is literally working overtime and all that adrenaline flooding your body is also very draining with no outlet. Some gentle, meditative exercise like tai chi or yoga or some guided meditations (Headspace is always highly recommended) might help.
Original post by Patryk1992
Hi guys!
Somebody help me...
Thank you in advance.

Identify the cause opr run through each possible one and eliminate them.
Diet, exercise sleep, relaxation, medical.

Quick Reply

Latest