The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Has anyone had any post-interview rejection?
Original post by Fwong99
Oh i see, i'm sure it went fine! No mine is in a month time:smile:

Good Luck!!
Original post by Asian5
Has anyone who got interviewed last week got an offer yet?

Still waiting !!
Any international heard of any interviews offer ? Am still waiting ?
Original post by Medic17

Still waiting
Original post by Medic17

Still waiting
Reply 1086
I`ve had my interview only two days ago but I am checking UCAS Track every now and then. They said I should hear within two weeks but have all the people who had their interview in December heard back from them? just wondering
As far as I know, they said they "aim" to get back to you in 2 weeks, could possibly be more or even less. UCL for example, told me on my interview day that it''ll most likely be 10-14 days but if it's been 14 days+ without any news, we can call them up. I don't know whether or not this applies to Imperial.
Reply 1088
Original post by krishan97
As far as I know, they said they "aim" to get back to you in 2 weeks, could possibly be more or even less. UCL for example, told me on my interview day that it''ll most likely be 10-14 days but if it's been 14 days+ without any news, we can call them up. I don't know whether or not this applies to Imperial.

Oh thank you. I guess I`ll have to wait and see. Good luck with your application. Hopefully you`ll hear good news from UCL and other institutions soon. When have you had your interview at Imperial?
Original post by krishan97

I would assume the longer the wait, the better the news though! I already got rejected by UCL post-interview. Meh ☹️
If the trend from last year continues, people who had interviews last week should hear today at 22:01.
Good luck guys!!
Original post by First choice
If the trend from last year continues, people who had interviews last week should hear today at 22:01.
Good luck guys!!

Where did you get this information?
Have imperial given out rejection yet?
Reply 1093
Hi guys!! I applied (last year but for 2017 entry) so here's some info if you're interested!
Rejections tend to be given within the first week of the interview.
Offers tend to be given within the first two weeks of the interview.
Imperial like to give all of their offers and rejections in batches and UCAS will usually update to reflect the decisions after 22:00.

There was a clear pattern in that usually, people who come out of the interview tend to know whether they've got an offer all not. That is to say, if the interviewers were friendly throughout then there is a better chance of getting an offer since they tend to make their decision immediately at the end of the interview.

If anyone would like to ask me any questions, feel free to send me a message or w/e and I'll get back to you asap!! Good luck to you all and I look forwards to meeting some of you in October!!
Original post by Rifdhy
Have imperial given out rejection yet?

Probably by next week end of january
Original post by Lerche
Hi guys!! I applied (last year but for 2017 entry) so here's some info if you're interested!
Rejections tend to be given within the first week of the interview.
Offers tend to be given within the first two weeks of the interview.
Imperial like to give all of their offers and rejections in batches and UCAS will usually update to reflect the decisions after 22:00.

There was a clear pattern in that usually, people who come out of the interview tend to know whether they've got an offer all not. That is to say, if the interviewers were friendly throughout then there is a better chance of getting an offer since they tend to make their decision immediately at the end of the interview.

If anyone would like to ask me any questions, feel free to send me a message or w/e and I'll get back to you asap!! Good luck to you all and I look forwards to meeting some of you in October!!

My bmat is s1 5.4 , s2 4.5. S3 2.5 A . Do you think i have chance to be invited for interview
Reply 1096
Original post by Medic17
My bmat is s1 5.4 , s2 4.5. S3 2.5 A . Do you think i have chance to be invited for interview

Yes, you should have just about scraped the boundary for the bmat requirements (if they're similar to last year anyway!
Last year the threshold was 4.5, 4.5 and 2.5B
You can see how the results are slightly differently skewed this year compared to last year:
http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/images/344660-bmat-explanation-of-results-2016.pdf
http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/images/270697-bmat-explanation-of-results-2015.pdf

Your BMAT was actually very similar to mine last year actually so I wouldn't worry too much!
Original post by Medwannabe12
Still waiting

stats please
Original post by jimmylyu
Still waiting

stats please
Original post by oey99
Oh thank you. I guess I`ll have to wait and see. Good luck with your application. Hopefully you`ll hear good news from UCL and other institutions soon. When have you had your interview at Imperial?

Thanks! I had my Imperial interview on 11th Jan 2017, still no word back from them yet. I think UCAS track is down from 6pm Friday 20th - Sunday 22nd Jan (something about scheduled maintenance). Hopefully I hear back within the next few days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending