The Student Room Group

meme's grow your grades ♡

Grow your grades 2017!

Thought I'd start this since I'm currently panicking, and want to track how I'm doing and motivate myself. I'm in year 12, and will be sitting AS levels in maths and further maths, and mocks in physics and chemistry at the end of this year. I'd like to get AAAA in these exams (with UMS as high as possible in the maths AS exams) to get great predicted grades for next year! I'm hoping to study maths.

GCSE grades - 7A*, 5A
AS predicted - AAAA
Provisional A2 predicted - A*/A, A*/A, A*/A, A (with the A in chemistry)
Aspirational A2 - A*A*A*A

Progress so far
Maths:

Spoiler

Further maths:

Spoiler

Physics:

Spoiler

Chemistry:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Love the layout of your blog!! Excited for more posts, good luck x
Reply 2
Good luck! I did identical AS subjects :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by lovegoodjpg
Love the layout of your blog!! Excited for more posts, good luck x

Thank you! x

Original post by 98matt
Good luck! I did identical AS subjects :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! What are you doing now?
Reply 4
20th January

Past week
The original plan was to make lots of very nice notes, and put links of pictures of them on this thread. I did make the notes, but then my water bottle exploded in my bag, and since I'm not organised to take notes out of my bag every night, they all got ruined. :frown:
Received C1 test 3 back - 100%! Thrilled. :redface:

Next week
Rewrite the two weeks' worth of notes that got destroyed. Not crying, nope. :o::o::o::o::o:
Revise for M1/D1 mock: exercises from book for M1, posters/mindmaps on D1 topics.
Continue revising for chemistry.

Important dates
Friday 27th January - M1/D1 mock
Friday 27th January - Oxford pathways deadline
Wednesday 15th March - C1 mock
Week of 24th April - Physics paper 1 mock
Week of 8th May - Physics paper 2 mock
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by memeeee

Thank you! What are you doing now?

In year 13 doing further maths (FP1-3, M2-3, S2-3), physics and welsh baccalaureate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by 98matt
In year 13 doing further maths (FP1-3, M2-3, S2-3), physics and welsh baccalaureate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! I'm dreading M2 ughhh
Reply 7
Original post by memeeee
Good luck! I'm dreading M2 ughhh

Have you started M2 yet? It was one of my favourite modules and definitely helps with physics - I'm sure you'll enjoy it too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by 98matt
Have you started M2 yet? It was one of my favourite modules and definitely helps with physics - I'm sure you'll enjoy it too

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't - but a lot of my friends have said it's really hard and mechanics is my weakest anyway! Though it's reassuring to hear someone enjoyed it :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by memeeee
I haven't - but a lot of my friends have said it's really hard and mechanics is my weakest anyway! Though it's reassuring to hear someone enjoyed it :tongue:

Lots of the content in M2 comes from differentiation and integration techniques not taught until c3 so I see how itll be more difficult for you in year 12. Hopefully it will end up helping you with your pure maths modules too however!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's such a shame about your notes getting ruined. :frown: Hope you don't lose too much time by rewriting them.

Well done on the test! 100% is incredible!! :hugs:
Reply 11
Original post by 98matt
Lots of the content in M2 comes from differentiation and integration techniques not taught until c3 so I see how itll be more difficult for you in year 12. Hopefully it will end up helping you with your pure maths modules too however!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully, yes! :redface:

Original post by sinfonietta
That's such a shame about your notes getting ruined. :frown: Hope you don't lose too much time by rewriting them.

Well done on the test! 100% is incredible!! :hugs:

Thank you! :heart:
Reply 12
6th February

Past two weeks
Intended to update this weekly - every Friday - but I've been busy the last 2 Fridays so here's a rather late update!
Did the D1/M1 mock, and thought it went pretty well - got 68/72 (94%) which I'm pretty happy with!
Had the most horrible physics test ever! Dreading getting it back. Definitely going to put some work into the electricity module over half term.
Sent off my application for the Oxford pathways taster day. Not too optimistic, as my GCSEs could be better and I'm from a pretty nice area, but I'm still hopeful! Should hear back within next 2 weeks.
I made some really nice revision materials for that D1/M1 mock that I might upload to here/my studyblr soon!

Next week
Revise for stats test tomorrow.
Revise for chemistry test on Monday - practice questions, etc! Really want to do well in this test as it's a chance to redeem myself from last time. :redface:
Random exercises about electricity from the physics textbook.

Important dates
Tuesday 7th February - S1 test 2.
Monday 13th February - chemistry test 3.
Wednesday 15th March - C1 mock
Week of 24th April - Physics paper 1 mock
Week of 8th May - Physics paper 2 mock

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending