The Student Room Group

Just found out my ex is now dating my best friend :)) AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NatashaRoebuck
Think of it as a blessing in disguise. If they can be such snakes do you really want them as your best friend and boyfriend?

trueee its just a huge shock that she's done that to me wouldn't have ever seen it coming
Reply 21
Original post by Reue
I was unaware that you had exclusivity over an ex-partner.

You do when it comes to your friends, that's how it is with most people anyway.

Personally don't care if they have sex but date? that's beyond disrespect.
Original post by 999tigger
Who dumped whom and why?
How long relationship?
How good a best friend? Will they be dumped?

it was kind of mutual, he kept thinking i was cheating on him when i wasn't
it was around a year on and off
she was my best friend for 6 years but now shes nothing to me
What is your favourite bird?

Between Stephen Hawking and Alex Trebek, who would you shoot? Assuming you HAD to shoot somebody...

Skittles or M&Ms?

Can you explain, to someone who doesn't ****ing understand relationships, why this is a big deal?
Why is it problematic if a person whom you are no longer in a relationship with, and do not want to be in a relationship with, is in a relationship with someone else?
I don't get it.
Dayyum
Original post by Reue

lol i think i had every right to assume my best friend wouldn't go behind my back and date the boy who broke my heart a million times
Original post by burntnorton
Wow, sssnakes. Sounds like one of those moments where you realise you should trust no one but yourself.

yeah :frown:
How the heck is she still your best friend
If it was me she would be moved from best friend right down to aquaintance:colonhash:
Reply 28
Original post by Reue

whether she refers to exclusivity or not depends on the way the partner gained the prefix.
Original post by _princessxox
trueee its just a huge shock that she's done that to me wouldn't have ever seen it coming

It probably feels like the end of the world right now but he'll probably end up doing the same thing that he did to you to her, except she (possibly) won't have her best friend to turn to.
Original post by telepathicnine
What is your favourite bird?

Between Stephen Hawking and Alex Trebek, who would you shoot? Assuming you HAD to shoot somebody...

Skittles or M&Ms?

Can you explain, to someone who doesn't ****ing understand relationships, why this is a big deal?
Why is it problematic if a person whom you are no longer in a relationship with, and do not want to be in a relationship with, is in a relationship with someone else?
I don't get it.

my favourite bird is a chicken... yum
Alex Trebek
m&ms
well, firstly he hurt me so many times and she was always there for me telling me that i dont need him and can do better and that she hates him, so obviously that was all a lie. I might want nothing to do with him but its a best friends job to be loyal, and dating your best friend's ex just goes against anything being a friend stands for
So how did you find out? I dated my ex's best friend after he broke my heart and almost my neck, as a way to take revenge and to show him that they're not that good friends after all. (btw he hit me because he thought I was cheating with his best friend which I 100% wasn't)
Reply 32
Original post by Reue

You can't stop people doing that kind of thing of course, but why on earth would you keep them around as your best friend? I wouldn't want to be friends with anyone who thought that was ok.
Original post by Reue
Yes, because I am capable of moving on from previous relationships.

some people need to block their ex and forget about them to move on though. If your best friend is now dating them that makes it impossible to completely avoid the ex and puts you in a dilemma. Means you have to stop seeing your best friend now until you've moved on properly.
Original post by NatashaRoebuck
It probably feels like the end of the world right now but he'll probably end up doing the same thing that he did to you to her, except she (possibly) won't have her best friend to turn to.

lol ofc he'll do it again hope she's ready for that because im not gonna be there for her and no one else in my friendship group likes her
Reply 35
OP that's so **** I'm sorry... but she is clearly a sucky person to not even have the decency to tell you... are you in school/college?
Honestly
if something had to happen it had to happen
If the perfect man was dating your bestfriend and they broke up
WELL first off this happened and i told my friend its ok make sure you treat them right
You cant stop someones happiness because of friendship
a real friend wont mind and will allow it to go on
So far that happened to me twice in one year
but im care free and know its for the best
quite frankly now the 2 pairs have been going out for 2 years
Original post by Anonymous
So how did you find out? I dated my ex's best friend after he broke my heart and almost my neck, as a way to take revenge and to show him that they're not that good friends after all. (btw he hit me because he thought I was cheating with his best friend which I 100% wasn't)

they were at a party last weekend and i couldnt go bc I had work :frown: anyway she was drunk and told someone who knows my friend and word got round, then i got sent a picture of them kissing lol
Reply 38
Original post by telepathicnine

I don't get it.

Because if you are friends with someone you don't do things that will hurt them? If you value their friendship and care about them. It is about the friendship not the partner. It is a sign they don't give a crap about you and are selfish and just generally not a nice person.
Original post by Moura
OP that's so **** I'm sorry... but she is clearly a sucky person to not even have the decency to tell you... are you in school/college?

thank u & im in sixth form aha

Quick Reply

Latest