The Student Room Group

S1 Edexcel Jan 2017 IAL

Hey people. I couldn't find another thread for this paper so made this

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How was your paper???
Reply 2
I didn't like the paper. :frown: I finished it just before the time was up, but it wasnt too bad.
Reply 3
It was very lengthy. i mean there were 7 questions as usual but the questions themselves took me too much time to think e.g. the machine shutting down question and question 5 of tree diagram.
I found it okay
Just a normal paper, except for the very last question, which I personally could not solve
Even got 15 minutes in the end)

What were your answers, guys ?
Fairly easy paper. Didn't had any problems except for the 1st question on histogram. Expecting average grade boundaries.
Original post by IgorFomenkov
I found it okay
Just a normal paper, except for the very last question, which I personally could not solve
Even got 15 minutes in the end)

What were your answers, guys ?

Answers to which question? And what was the last question about, I can't quite recall it.

You had 15 mins left at the end or were given 15 mins extra?
Original post by Fasih178
Answers to which question? And what was the last question about, I can't quite recall it.

You had 15 mins left at the end or were given 15 mins extra?

To all questions that you remember

Surely I just had them, no one would give me 15 additional minutes

The question about discrete random variables
Original post by IgorFomenkov
To all questions that you remember

Surely I just had them, no one would give me 15 additional minutes

The question about discrete random variables

Haha I can't remember any, other than the histogram question.
Reply 9
Regarding the question about the probability of the machine being shut down, does "within 4g of the mean" mean that the weight was maximum 4g more than the mean or did it mean that the weight was either 4g more than the mean or 4g less than the mean? I would be grateful if someone answered!
Original post by Misuuzu
Regarding the question about the probability of the machine being shut down, does "within 4g of the mean" mean that the weight was maximum 4g more than the mean or did it mean that the weight was either 4g more than the mean or 4g less than the mean? I would be grateful if someone answered!

You had to find the probability that its either less than or greater than the mean
Original post by Misuuzu

if the mean was 20g then this would be "between 16 and 24g"
Reply 12
Original post by Hawamdehmalak
You had to find the probability that its either less than or greater than the mean

Okaay, thank you!
Reply 13
what was the answer for P(Y=X)
Original post by Elaria
what was the answer for P(Y=X)

Wasn't it Y=X^2? Anyway I can't remember the answer completely but I believe it was 0.3 something. Perhaps I will remember it if you could tell me some bits of that question.
Reply 15
Hi guys. What do you reckon the grade boundary for an A will be this time?
Original post by aezakmi
Hi guys. What do you reckon the grade boundary for an A will be this time?

Same as always, around 59.
Reply 17
Original post by Fasih178
Wasn't it Y=X^2? Anyway I can't remember the answer completely but I believe it was 0.3 something. Perhaps I will remember it if you could tell me some bits of that question.

the (Y=X2question) is for the 7th question. The question that I am referring to is about a team (i think) that scores in the first round X and scores in the second round Y. That's all I can remember :/
Reply 18
Have the model answers been released yet?
Reply 19
Original post by aezakmi
Have the model answers been released yet?

From which website do you get the model answers from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending