The Student Room Group

Just found out my ex is now dating my best friend :)) AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _princessxox
lol i think i had every right to assume my best friend wouldn't go behind my back and date the boy who broke my heart a million times

You do, friends don't do that to each other - let alone a best friend. I would never ever think about even talking to my friends' exes again if they broke their hearts. In fact, when this did happen my whole friendship group ejected the guy out of our lives even though a few of us had been very close friends with him.

I hope the ice cream works wonders, soon you'll get over both of them and realise that sometimes it is best things like this happen if it allows us to see the true colours of people we once loved, it saves us from pain in the future. :smile:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
How the heck is she still your best friend
If it was me she would be moved from best friend right down to aquaintance:colonhash:

well shes not my best friend anymore lol
soon to be yeah :frown:

Why? I'm actually curious. I can't understand why anyone is saying similar things.
Reply 43
thank u & im in sixth form aha

yeah it might seem like the end of the world now but in a year you'll just be laughing at them and grateful they are out of your life
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
You do, friends don't do that to each other - let alone a best friend. I would never ever think about even talking to my friends' exes again if they broke their hearts. In fact, when this did happen my whole friendship group ejected the guy out of our lives even though a few of us had been very close friends with him.

I hope the ice cream works wonders, soon you'll get over both of them and realise that sometimes it is best things like this happen if it allows us to see the true colours of people we once loved, it saves us from pain in the future. :smile:

Oddly enough, people have the capacity to learn from mistakes, and change.
well shes not my best friend anymore lol

Was just curious
I can't believe people actually think it's okay for a "best friend" to do that

I'm so sorry OP <3
Original post by BashCrash
Honestly
if something had to happen it had to happen
If the perfect man was dating your bestfriend and they broke up
WELL first off this happened and i told my friend its ok make sure you treat them right
You cant stop someones happiness because of friendship
a real friend wont mind and will allow it to go on
So far that happened to me twice in one year
but im care free and know its for the best
quite frankly now the 2 pairs have been going out for 2 years

but this is a boy who's hurt me so many times, i doubt shes in love with him lol she's just a snake, i won't be friends with someone who could betray me like that, but i respect how tolerant you'd have to be to let your mates date your exes im just someone who expects loyalty from people who im loyal to aswell
(edited 7 years ago)

yeah exactly call me petty but i just think if hes my ex then my best friend should want absolutely nothing to do with him
thank you so much i hope so too :smile:
Original post by _gcx
Oddly enough, people have the capacity to learn from mistakes, and change.

Oddly enough, loyalty is a thing. If a friend had been wronged, true friends will want to protect and side by their friend in such cases and shun someone who has caused them hurt. If someone hurts a person you have deep fondness for, you might feel some degree of hurt and indeed, may feel wronged too.

The person I was referring to did not change, and in fact, he did worse things two years on. But this is immaterial.
but this is a boy who's hurt me so many times, i doubt shes in love with him lol she's just a snake, i won't be friends with someone who could betray me like that, but i respect who tolerant you'd have to be to let your mates date your exes im just someone who expects loyalty from people who im loyal to aswell

Fair enough
what did she say when you found out
And also there are many fish in the sea
no need to stay caring for him
Tell her what his problems are and say continue if you want but dont complain to me if something goes wrong
Move on
as an easy going guy i just think of it only as an ex
but yeah just let her do her thing if hes a dick forget about him
And how long did you go out
and how long were u and ur bestie friends?
(edited 7 years ago)
are u south asian?
Original post by A-LJLB
I can't believe people actually think it's okay for a "best friend" to do that

I'm so sorry OP <3

i cant believe it either haha she picked him over me I've been there for her for 6 years
thank you x
Original post by Angry Bird
are u south asian?

i'm a lot of things :') 1/4 asian yes haha
Oddly enough, loyalty is a thing. If a friend had been wronged, true friends will want to protect and side by their friend in such cases and shun someone who has caused them hurt. If someone hurts a person you have deep fondness for, you might feel some degree of hurt and indeed, may feel wronged too.

The person I was referring to did not change, and in fact, he did worse things two years on. But this is immaterial.

That's a potentially gross assumption, though. Relationships can end without either being "wronged", etc. Relationships can end with both individuals continuing to hold a friendship. I would not infer this from the fact that the OP is upset, since people apply this attitude, even when the relationship ended "peacefully", and I somewhat understand that, but the discussion of "loyalty", is simply nonsense to me.
it was kind of mutual, he kept thinking i was cheating on him when i wasn't
it was around a year on and off
she was my best friend for 6 years but now shes nothing to me

Two issues:

1. Him. You split, so no reason to feel sad becayse hes shown by doing this that he didnt really consider your feelings, so in effect lucky escape.

2. Her: She could have had the courtesy to tell you. I presume she wasnt the one.How did you find out?

Dont beat yourself up about it. there will be more exes. Just dont do the same and its one step closer to finding someone you like.
Original post by BashCrash
Fair enough
what did she say when you found out
And also there are many fish in the sea
no need to stay caring for him
Tell her what his problems are and say continue if you want but dont complain to me if something goes wrong
Move on
as an easy going guy i just think of it only as an ex
but yeah just let her do her thing if hes a dick forget about him
And how long did you go out
and how long were u and ur bestie friends?

she knows what type of guy she is i dont need to remind her
i was with him for a year on and off
we were best friends for 6 years
Original post by _gcx
That's a potentially gross assumption, though. Relationships can end without either being "wronged", etc. Relationships can end with both individuals continuing to hold a friendship. I would not infer this from the fact that the OP is upset, since people apply this attitude, even when the relationship ended "peacefully", and I somewhat understand that, but the discussion of "loyalty", is simply nonsense to me.

You dont believe in loyalty or friendship?
thank u & im in sixth form aha

How about you focus on education instead of thinking about ****ing guys. Yeah, i said it. the only reason for a relationship at 16 is to beat.
Well we have different versions of the story but he says I cheated on him with his friend, I didn't even cheat on him I just ended up getting with another boy but I didn't know it was his friend I barely remember it

You cheated on him. Stop trying to get sympathy.

Quick Reply

Latest