The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wow
This is disgusting

Poor man.
Watch as people will try to justify this.
And if this was America I bet he'd have been killed.

" He said: "[The police] claim they are looking for an individual...they know who the individual is so why go as far as accuse any black man in the street with dreadlocks." "

Smfh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Shocking.
Reply 3
Man being aggressive and refusing to cooperate with police is tasered after being warned that he would be tasered if he didn't cooperate?

Hmm. Must be racism. Get BLM out on the streets! We won't take this lying down! (Well, Mr Adunbi did, but you know what I mean)

Edit: after more information being available, it is worth considering the following.
Two police officers wearing body cams who know that any illegal or improper action on their part could lead to loss of job, pension etc.
Man with previous experience of interaction with police leading to compensation sees opportunity for another payout.

As Deep Throat said, "follow the money".
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by QE2
Man being aggressive and refusing to cooperate with police is tasered after being warned that he would be tasered if he didn't cooperate?

Hmm. Must be racism. Get BLM out on the streets! We won't take this lying down! (Well, Mr Adunbi did, but you know what I mean)

He wasn't being aggressive. The accusing way they approached him was wrong and he refused to be addressed that way. He simply tried to walk back into his home and they tasered him.
How the hell do you justify that?
why would they taser him if he wasn't resisting arrest? ergo, he was probably resisting arrest
I know he shouldn't have been arrested, but if they arrested him, at least he would have been found innocent
after watching the clip of him swinging his arms around is it any wonder he got tasered??
(edited 7 years ago)
Probably just an error of judgment on the part of the police officer.

Move on, nothing to see here, bet if this was a white person it won't even be in the news.
Reply 7
Original post by StrawbAri
He wasn't being aggressive. The accusing way they approached him was wrong and he refused to be addressed that way. He simply tried to walk back into his home and they tasered him.
How the hell do you justify that?
Watch the video.
Regardless of how "wrong" their attitude may or may not have been, if the police point a taser at you and say "stop resisting or I'll taser you", and you refuse to cooperate, you have no one to blame but yourself when they taser you.

I've seen so many similar instances of nights out where a simple "move along" or "you can't drink that out here" turns into a fight and an arrest, just because some dick thinks the law doesn't apply to them.
Do you want to know why I have never been arrested?
Because every time the police have said "pack that in or I'll arrest you" (or similar), I have packed it in. It really isn't rocket science!
His own fault. Don't mess with the police and they won't mess with you. Simple as that.
Original post by QE2
Watch the video.
Regardless of how "wrong" their attitude may or may not have been, if the police point a taser at you and say "stop resisting or I'll taser you", and you refuse to cooperate, you have no one to blame but yourself when they taser you.

I've seen so many similar instances of nights out where a simple "move along" or "you can't drink that out here" turns into a fight and an arrest, just because some dick thinks the law doesn't apply to them.
Do you want to know why I have never been arrested?
Because every time the police have said "pack that in or I'll arrest you" (or similar), I have packed it in. It really isn't rocket science!

They were going to arrest him anyway because they were looking to take in any remotely questionable looking black man.
He has been wrongly arrested by police before. Imagine you've already had an experience like that, you're just trying to get into your home after peacefully walking your dog and some police officers spot you and start antagonising you because of how you look of course you're going to get pissed and walk away.
And this is a man that works with the police Ffs.

Original post by Alfissti
Probably just an error of judgment on the part of the police officer.

Move on, nothing to see here, bet if this was a white person it won't even be in the news.

:rolleyes:
You people are really desperate to try and cover up any act of violence towards a black person.
he'll be OK in a day or so.
Reply 11
Surely multiple officers can deal with a 63yr old man without tasering him.
If you're going out of your way to be arsey to the police (he "refused to give his name" ) , act aggressively, push your gate on a police officer, then don't expect any sympathy when you get tasered/arrested...

Original post by Rk2k14

There were two police officers (one male one female), and he seems remarkably fit/agile for a man of his age.
Original post by Len Goodman
His own fault. Don't mess with the police and they won't mess with you. Simple as that.

Lol don't be so ridiculous.
Reply 14
They were going to arrest him anyway because they were looking to take in any remotely questionable looking black man.
He has been wrongly arrested by police before. Imagine you've already had an experience like that, you're just trying to get into your home after peacefully walking your dog and some police officers spot you and start antagonising you because of how you look of course you're going to get pissed and walk away.
And this is a man that works with the police Ffs.

:rolleyes:
You people are really desperate to try and cover up any act of violence towards a black person.
So, are you saying that a person's requirement to cooperate with the police is dependent on their colour?
What a ridiculous argument!
Anyone who has had any interaction with the police knows that the best way to avoid a situation escalating is to cooperate.
That is all. I don't see what colour has to do with it. I've seen more white people forcibly restrained for not cooperating with the police than I have black people.

And this is a man that works with the police
For someone who supposedly "works with the police" he seemed remarkably inept at managing the situation in a calm or rational manner...
Original post by QE2

Looking at that video, you have to be a really special snowflake to regard that as being aggressive. No wonder the assaulting a police officer charges were dropped.
i hope the police officers involved get sacked to be honest.

Tasering an unarmed civilian should be not be taken lightly. He wasn't aggressive, he wanted to go home and the officers were the first to be aggressive without due cause.
Original post by QE2
So, are you saying that a person's requirement to cooperate with the police is dependent on their colour?
What a ridiculous argument!
Anyone who has had any interaction with the police knows that the best way to avoid a situation escalating is to cooperate.
That is all. I don't see what colour has to do with it. I've seen more white people forcibly restrained for not cooperating with the police than I have black people.

No that's not what I said. I said he's been through this before. For the same reason as now which is how he looks. He was just going about his business so of course he will be annoyed.
Especially considering all that he does to help with peace in the community.
If it was any other old person of a different race in the same position and with the same experience I'd be making this argument too.
It is simply unfair to antagonise somebody that works for your community, not expect them to be even a bit annoyed and taser them esp as it's an older person that could've died from that kind of shock. There was/is always a better way of doing it. Why can't we criticise the police for using more force than necessary with people they aren't even sure about of any race?

Original post by Palmyra
For someone who supposedly "works with the police" he seemed remarkably inept at managing the situation in a calm or rational manner...

Why couldn't the police have come to him in a calm and rational manner?
Original post by Rk2k14

Apparently not. More surprised that the police here actually got him confused twice:

'It is the second time Mr Adunbi has been mistaken for the same man.
In 2009 he won a wrongful arrest case against Avon and Somerset Police and was awarded compensation.'

Incompetent doesn't describe it. Embarrassing more like.

Latest

Trending

Trending