The Student Room Group

Cold War

When do you think the Cold War really began?
Original post by coniyemagu

When Stalin started being a cuntt
Reply 2
Original post by coniyemagu

There is no official date, but you can pick one among these events: Churchill's Iron Curtain Speech at Fulton (1946), the Greek and Chinese Civil Wars (1946), the formulation of the Truman Doctrine (1947), the Soviet coup d'état in Czechoslovakia (1948), the Berlin Blockade (1948), the creation of NATO (1949), or the Soviet A-bomb (1949).

I personally think that the Berlin Blockade is the most relevant because of the direct involvement of each superpower.
Reply 3
Original post by Josb
There is no official date, but you can pick one among these events: Churchill's Iron Curtain Speech at Fulton (1946), the Greek and Chinese Civil Wars (1946), the formulation of the Truman Doctrine (1947), the Soviet coup d'état in Czechoslovakia (1948), the Berlin Blockade (1948), the creation of NATO (1949), or the Soviet A-bomb (1949).

I personally think that the Berlin Blockade is the most relevant because of the direct involvement of each superpower.

Thank you!!
Original post by Josb

You won't find anyone you says the Cold War started as late as 1949 tbh

Quick Reply

Latest