The Student Room Group

Virgin at 24

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pikachū
Most women are like that, extremely boring and their hobbies include tv soaps and celebrity gossip. It's rare to find a girl who you can discuss things like politics (without her bringing her feelings into it) or other current affairs like I'd do with my buddies. They do exist, jus rare.

I don't mean politics or current affairs necessarily, but it's good if they know whats going on.

I just hate the whole going on about rubbish constantly. Boring stuff that nobody really cares about.. stuff thats gone on at home etc everyday especially when its with people you hardly know.
if you're a virgin at this age I can make some general assumptions:
1) you don't practice talking to people and you never step out of your comfort zone
2) you don't take as good care of your appearance, hygiene etc as you could do
3) you have let the former 2 destroy your self-worth and confidence.

I lost my virginity quite late on at 20 (23 now)
I had a lot of "almost" moments before that, usually it stemmed from my utter lack of comfort and confidence
the most important "almost" moment was what drove me over the edge - a stunningly cute girl came back with me after a night out and I was so down on myself about my chances with her that I didn't even make a move. and later on, several months later, she told me that that night she *wanted* me to make a move on her, and she was left disappointed that all we did at my house was chat. I learned more than ever that night that girls are actually quite predictable: they want *you* to make the move, and even if they really like you, they won't budge. and if you don't make that move, you're never going to get them. after about a year of working on myself, I eventually *did* bag that girl as well.
you simply haven't had a life-changing moment like this^ yet, perhaps. you haven't been driven to get rid of at least number 1 on that list above. you have to realise that even *if* you're ugly, even *if* you're not great at talking *or* if you're not funny, there are girls out there who don't care and will care about other qualities that you may happen to have. but at the same time, you can work on those problems as well. and even if you fail, your confidence will be more attractive in that failure than failure *and* no confidence.

tl;dr = stop being an anxious little **** and develop into a confident person.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheExtrovertGod
Why is it?

STI rates between trusted partners are very low, use your brain and you should be fine. Heck even if you do contract one many can be treated fairly easily these days.

Keep on telling yourself that. You do know there are incurable diseases like HIV and Hepatitis right? :rolleyes:
Original post by Anonymous
Keep on telling yourself that. You do know there are incurable diseases like HIV and Hepatitis right? :rolleyes:

Lots of incurable diseases floating around. I don't stop living my life because I might die. What kind of logic is that? Talk about dying before your time.
Original post by sleepysnooze
i

tl;dr = stop being an anxious little **** and develop into a confident person.

But if you're very physically unattractive, then "being confident" simply doesn't help.

I'm perfectly confident. I'm a junior doctor (trained at Oxford University), and have plenty of platonic friends.

I'm perfectly friendly with both men and women. I've always had a reasonable social life. Unfortunately, I'm also very ugly, and despite having no issue being platonic friends with women, none are ever interested romantically.

(I'm not the OP by the way.)
Original post by TheExtrovertGod
Lots of incurable diseases floating around. I don't stop living my life because I might die. What kind of logic is that? Talk about dying before your time.

Well, Ii don't call having sex with people as living life, but I guess that's your prerogative. Those incurable diseases, won't are not fun, and can cut someone's life short.
Original post by Anonymous
But if you're very physically unattractive, then "being confident" simply doesn't help.

I'm perfectly confident. I'm a junior doctor (trained at Oxford University), and have plenty of platonic friends.

I'm perfectly friendly with both men and women. I've always had a reasonable social life. Unfortunately, I'm also very ugly, and despite having no issue being platonic friends with women, none are ever interested romantically.

(I'm not the OP by the way.)

well, you have to be somewhat attractive, in her perspective, via a number of factors
if you're "ugly", having a good personality can make her look past it somewhat
but something tells me that you aren't very stylish and you don't work out, right?
that can make you more attractive. so if you really have the worst opinion of your looks, try your best to fix that with the latter things^
Original post by Matty2993
What's girls opinion on this? Is it normal? Also I've never had a girlfriend and haven't been kissed! :frown:

I am ngl it is pretty unusual. Most people have lost it by 20. But if a girl really likes you it will make it more special :smile:
it's an unspoken social rite of passage
Reply 109
As a kissless,hugless 24 year old virgin that will never be loved by anyone this thread has finally driven me to the brink.

Good bye cruel world!
Well i don't know really what you can do to help. I feel so lonely as all of my friends are in relationships. I struggle to get a girlfriend because they just reject me. :frown:

Bro stop being so thirsty

LMAO that is one sad lyfe!!! Grow a pair!!!
I am female, but I was a virgin until I was 23. I lost my virginity to someone I was in love with, who was a virgin also, and now we're just incredibly grateful to have something special shared that we've shared with no one else. It's not a big deal.
Original post by l'etranger
I've noticed a trend of genuine anger and misogyny among men who lose their V's late. Usually they're shy, mild, but totally go crazy at the slightest knock to their egos, because most people take rejection as a normal part of daily life. The other side of men who lose it late is the classic guy who is constantly trying to prove something, he lost it in Thailand/Amsterdam aged 23, but he's 32 years old, in the club missing his son's fourth birthday because he's trying to creep on those 19 year old students.

I'd say that's quite true, after reading some of the threads of sexually frustrated male virgins here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ForeverUnwanted/
What's girls opinion on this? Is it normal? Also I've never had a girlfriend and haven't been kissed! :frown:

I am 27 and virgin haha so you are three years better
I would regard the frustrations of male virgins upon the subreddit linked, to be genuinely sexually frustrated and hateful towards women.
Reply 115
Go on Tinder and see what happens
LOL!
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww virgin male at 24

like do u have a disorder at something?

how da heck did u not ****/****/****/have *** with someone by this age... ur a cis white male for god's sake

smh the UK is going downhill, can you believe some people are actually keeping their virginity all the way to 24?

ur brain stops developing at 25 - imagine having *** after u've got the executive function to decide whether you're ready for it *shudder* ewwwwwwwwww

i lost mine while i was in the womb, ur obviously a ****** that lives in his mum's basement.
Reply 118
older male virgins are emotional liabilities.
With the exception of religious men, guys who lose their V tend late, tend to be really messed up. If you've gone through high school, sixth form, university, had jobs, general friends and still no nookie. It's weird.

Plenty of serial killers and gangbangers get plenty of nookie, does that make them any less messed up? Also, most convicted paedophiles rape their own children, No, not other people's children, but ones that their wives/girlfriends gave birth to. The fact that you're gauging how weird/messed up someone is on how much sex they've had is very telling.
Someone's worth as a person can't be judged by their sex life, anyone who tells you otherwise has an unchecked ego and needs a punch in the face to bring them back down to earth. Being a virgin only becomes a problem when you make it as such; maturity and confidence come with age, perhaps now is not your time, but don't let people tell you that you are weird because you don't fit into their paradigm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending