The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by krishan97
Thanks! I had my Imperial interview on 11th Jan 2017, still no word back from them yet. I think UCAS track is down from 6pm Friday 20th - Sunday 22nd Jan (something about scheduled maintenance). Hopefully I hear back within the next few days.

had mine on the same day, how did yours go?
also is it just a track update or a offer email as well
Original post by Medcraze
stats please

6.6 5.7 3B
AS: AAAA
predicted A*A*A*
Original post by Lerche
Yes, you should have just about scraped the boundary for the bmat requirements (if they're similar to last year anyway!
Last year the threshold was 4.5, 4.5 and 2.5B
You can see how the results are slightly differently skewed this year compared to last year:
http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/images/344660-bmat-explanation-of-results-2016.pdf
http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/images/270697-bmat-explanation-of-results-2015.pdf

Your BMAT was actually very similar to mine last year actually so I wouldn't worry too much!

Thanks that bring some hope
Original post by glad-he-ate-her

Had mine on the 10th still waiting too. I believe there is an e-mail from Imperial as well if i'm not mistaken...
Original post by Medwannabe12
Where did you get this information?

Just from stalking last year's thread :tongue:
So am i right in assuming the email that should, allegedly come today for last week interviewees is a rejection ?
Original post by Lerche
Hi guys!! I applied (last year but for 2017 entry) so here's some info if you're interested!
Rejections tend to be given within the first week of the interview.
Offers tend to be given within the first two weeks of the interview.
Imperial like to give all of their offers and rejections in batches and UCAS will usually update to reflect the decisions after 22:00.

There was a clear pattern in that usually, people who come out of the interview tend to know whether they've got an offer all not. That is to say, if the interviewers were friendly throughout then there is a better chance of getting an offer since they tend to make their decision immediately at the end of the interview.

If anyone would like to ask me any questions, feel free to send me a message or w/e and I'll get back to you asap!! Good luck to you all and I look forwards to meeting some of you in October!!

So if it is more than 7 days, it's likely an offer? I feel imperial hasn't sent out any rejections yet though...
stats please

Bmat 7.4 6.7 3.5A
Bmat 7.4 6.7 3.5A

Wow !! Amazing score
Bmat 7.4 6.7 3.5A

Are you an international student ?
Original post by Medic17
Are you an international student ?

Yea, I've alr been rejected by UCL though :frown:

Impressive score. Still rejected by UCL???surprising
Impressive score. Still rejected by UCL???surprising

It's really competitive for international students
It's really competitive for international students

But you did really well, if it is competitive for you I think it literally means I stand no chance......

Before or after interview ?

Original post by desertlover
Had mine on the 10th still waiting too. I believe there is an e-mail from Imperial as well if i'm not mistaken...

So am i right in assuming the email that should, allegedly come today for last week interviewees is a rejection ?

So if it is more than 7 days, it's likely an offer? I feel imperial hasn't sent out any rejections yet though...

Just to clear some things up and hopefully put you guys' minds at ease my offer was only a UCAS track update and came 6 days after my interview. I really think you guys should just stop worrying about these things, they'll only make you anxious and there's nothing more you can do. I really don't think the timings mean much as I'm fairly sure that they send out both offers and rejections at the same time in batches, and I'm sure they'll send them out as soon as they can. The two week thing may just be a guideline not a rule.
Original post by Noobfish
Just to clear some things up and hopefully put you guys' minds at ease my offer was only a UCAS track update and came 6 days after my interview. I really think you guys should just stop worrying about these things, they'll only make you anxious and there's nothing more you can do. I really don't think the timings mean much as I'm fairly sure that they send out both offers and rejections at the same time in batches, and I'm sure they'll send them out as soon as they can. The two week thing may just be a guideline not a rule.

Do any emails get sent over the weekend?
just wondering because track is down
so much for that 22:01 thing,huh?
Reply 1118
so much for that 22:01 thing,huh?

Track is down 😂 Go to sleep dude and don't worry about it (although I'm as anxious as you). I guess there are no replies this weekend
At the interview, did anyone ask the interviewers a question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending