The Student Room Group

Just found out my ex is now dating my best friend :)) AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by truthspeaka
Regardless, at your age you should be studying and relaxing not worrying about petty relationship issues. These relationships are completely immature. Say bye to a successful life if you keep on going with this attitude.

I was in a relationship for the majority of four years from 14, and I was in love. Heartbreaks part of growing up, don't ****ing think for a second you have the right to tell others how they do and should feel.
I have been and will continue to be successful.
So take your attitude and your loneliness elsewhere.
Good luck being successful in relationships when you get off on hurting others lol.
Original post by ChickenMadness
How many women does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A-LJLB
I was in a relationship for the majority of four years from 14, and I was in love. Heartbreaks part of growing up, don't ****ing think for a second you have the right to tell others how they do and should feel.
I have been and will continue to be successful.
So take your attitude and your loneliness elsewhere.
Good luck being successful in relationships when you get off on hurting others lol.

This is so true, and I don't understand why I'm getting so much hate from this person lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _princessxox
This is so true, and I don't understand why I'm getting so much hate from this person lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's clearly never been in a meaningful relationship
Ignore him, what you're feeling is perfectly normal!
That sucks :frown:

What are you studying?
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
That sucks :frown:

What are you studying?

Chemistry, biology and psychology A level & maths AS
wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you want to become?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lychee627
What do you want to become?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Either a paediatrician or a plastic surgeon !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
Original post by Kravence
found the snake

Rumbled.

And yet it's not the ex or his new partner moaning about it to a bunch of strangers :wink:
Chemistry, biology and psychology A level & maths AS
wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Niceee.

I'm doing physics at uni :smile:
Original post by Moura
Sorry I don't understand what you mean?

Friends don't do things that hurt other friends

Don't worry, I understood it now
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Niceee.

I'm doing physics at uni :smile:

I couldn't ever do physics I hate it 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reue
Rumbled.

And yet it's not the ex or his new partner moaning about it to a bunch of strangers :wink:

Why would the snakes be the ones who are upset tho? I don't think u understand the situation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 133
Why would the snakes be the ones who are upset tho? I don't think u understand the situation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly; they aren't. So by being annoyed that your ex has gotten with your best friend it's only you who ends up upset. All the more reason for you to move on and not let it bother you.
Original post by Reue
Exactly; they aren't. So by being annoyed that your ex has gotten with your best friend it's only you who ends up upset. All the more reason for you to move on and not let it bother you.

Lol I will but I'm not a robot I have feelings I can just shut them off I've just lost my best friend to the person I hated most in the world, I found everything out through someone idk and was kept in the dark before that, if that happened to you and you could just be like oh well and carry on like it's just another day then idk but I definitely can't lol
Reply 135
Lol I will but I'm not a robot I have feelings I can just shut them off I've just lost my best friend to the person I hated most in the world, I found everything out through someone idk and was kept in the dark before that, if that happened to you and you could just be like oh well and carry on like it's just another day then idk but I definitely can't lol

You haven't lost anyone. It sounds like you're choosing to cut them off
Original post by Reue
You haven't lost anyone. It sounds like you're choosing to cut them off

So you're saying that I should keep someone in my life who did me wrong and that I shouldn't have a problem with seeing her with my ex all the time? Like that's a normal situation? Can I just ask how old you are lol
Reply 137
So you're saying that I should keep someone in my life who did me wrong and that I shouldn't have a problem with seeing her with my ex all the time?

Who did you wrong?

Like that's a normal situation?

Yes

Can I just ask how old you are lol

What possible relevance is that, lol?
So you're saying that I should keep someone in my life who did me wrong and that I shouldn't have a problem with seeing her with my ex all the time? Like that's a normal situation? Can I just ask how old you are lol

Honestly just ignore them.
Don't feel you have to keep anyone in your life who hurt you.
OP this is a *****y situation. You aren't wrong to feel upset. Friends (especially best friends) don't do that to each other, especially after she (probably) comforted you when he broke your heart. They deserve each other. And anyone on this thread who's saying this is completely fine is lying, because I guarantee if they were in this situation and not hiding behind a computer screen, they'd be feeling the exact same way as you.

Quick Reply

Latest