The Student Room Group

What words do you find hard to say or pronounce?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LisaNikita
Nah more like liar, thief, black hating, fascist, victim, cherokee claiming, unsolicited "emails", under oath, fbi investigated, lost the election, cheated on and tried to cheat clinton

That is her name. You haven't mispronounced it
Original post by Kholmes1
Loads of people say that. Especially people from London.

Yh I am from London 😂😂
Original post by retro_turtles
And anything with an s in it due to my lisp :frown:

The pain is real. :console:

Sixty. I ****ing hate sixty. And six. And Sussex. :frown:
Millenium. Ends up sounding like nemo trying to say anemone and I say "milleninenium"
Prejudice. There are others too but that's just off the top of my head.
Original post by Sabertooth
The pain is real. :console:

Sixty. I ****ing hate sixty. And six. And Sussex. :frown:

yesss thankfully mine isn'too noticable unless i point it out
yesss thankfully mine isn'too noticable unless i point it out

I thought I'd grown out of mine, but I made a video the other day and ****ing hell if anything it's got worse. :colondollar: Though people do tend to tell me that I notice it way more than other people do.

Have you tried speech therapy?
I thought I'd grown out of mine, but I made a video the other day and ****ing hell if anything it's got worse. :colondollar: Though people do tend to tell me that I notice it way more than other people do.

Have you tried speech therapy?

I haven't no since they say mine isn't bad enough to require it, i don't mind it really. However i talk bloody fast.
I haven't no since they say mine isn't bad enough to require it, i don't mind it really. However i talk bloody fast.

Good for you! :tongue:

I'm told I talk slower than the average person but I'm not sure which would be worse for a lisp. Fast and it all runs together or slow and it's super obvious. :beard:
Good for you! :tongue:

I'm told I talk slower than the average person but I'm not sure which would be worse for a lisp. Fast and it all runs together or slow and it's super obvious. :beard:

fast is better imo, people get used to it haha
Original post by burntnorton
I cannot pronounce "three" it always comes out as "free" :frown:

I fink I have the same problem.
Anything with strong Rs.

My hardest word is 'rural'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moonstruck16
Anything with strong Rs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just tried that myself. Realised I cant say it either lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
none cos I speak proper
Negligible :erm:
I have perfectly clear diction (to the extent that I am the voice of the fire alarm announcements at my workplace, 'proceed to the nearest exit in an orderly fashion' &c.) and perhaps know how to pronounce these words, still I cannot give voice to any of 'imbroglio', 'sojourn' or 'chagrin'.
Unanimity.
Grotesque
Original post by Moonstruck16
Anything with strong Rs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol same I always end up pronouncing the r like a w :/

and squirrel! 😂🙈 being German doesn't excuse how badly I **** up whenever I try to say it so I just avoid the topic completely 😂
Blood clot

I always end up saying "blod clut". It feels like I'm saying something really dirty and I don't know why XD
They amount of times I've had to say these out loud in A Level biology is unreal, like the universe is out to get me :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest