The Student Room Group

Any AS Year 12 students doing CIE English Literature?

I just want to discuss texts,etc
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
Well, I'm actually a mature student from the EU, but I'm going to start preparing for the CIE English A-level in less than a week and I'm going to dot he full A-level in one year.
I'm year 12 and doing AS CIE literature :h:
Which texts are you doing? I'm doing Absurd Person Singular, Twelfth Night, the poetry of Ted Hughes and The Namesake
Nice to meet you :smile:
Original post by elisabethgrace
I'm year 12 and doing AS CIE literature :h:
Which texts are you doing? I'm doing Absurd Person Singular, Twelfth Night, the poetry of Ted Hughes and The Namesake
Nice to meet you :smile:

Hey! I'm also in AS giving Eng lit CIE in Oct/Nov. How did your exams go?
Also, is The Namesake a good book? I was thinking about reading The house of mirth but I just can't seem to get into it.
Original post by aymen2000
Hey! I'm also in AS giving Eng lit CIE in Oct/Nov. How did your exams go?
Also, is The Namesake a good book? I was thinking about reading The house of mirth but I just can't seem to get into it.

Hey, which texts did you end up doing? I'm giving the exam in 2 months and I could really use some help cause I'm self studying!
Original post by W_sohail
Hey, which texts did you end up doing? I'm giving the exam in 2 months and I could really use some help cause I'm self studying!

Hey! I did Stories of Ourselves for Prose, Songs of Ourselves for Poetry (Paper 3).
For Paper 4, I did Twelfth Night by Shakespeare and then 2 short plays The Dilemma of a Ghost and Anowa by Ama Ata Aidoo.
The only problem I had was with Shakespeare as the english used was a bit difficult but Sparknotes has a section with line by line translation.
The rest I just read a few times and analyzed with the help from the internet.

Btw, very sorry for not replying earlier! I just saw this. Feel free to ask if you have more questions. :smile:
Hey! I did Stories of Ourselves for Prose, Songs of Ourselves for Poetry (Paper 3).
For Paper 4, I did Twelfth Night by Shakespeare and then 2 short plays The Dilemma of a Ghost and Anowa by Ama Ata Aidoo.
The only problem I had was with Shakespeare as the english used was a bit difficult but Sparknotes has a section with line by line translation.

Btw, very sorry for not replying earlier! I just saw this. Feel free to ask if you have more questions. :smile:

do you think you could send me a few sample essays that you've written for Twelfth Night? The language is kinda difficult but I personally enjoyed it a lot, and yet I have no idea where to begin when it comes to writing essays. Thanks a lot for your reply! CIE isn't very popular on tsr
Reply 8

Hi, do you still have notes on the poems from the songs of ourselves? I'm studying Songs of Ourselves for poetry and will be taking the exam in October
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending