The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lethani-af
I got A*A*AA as well :/

Why do you think they've given you that?
Original post by lethani-af
I got A*A*AA as well :/

What course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
not sure if this has already been asked but is there any way we can find out our admissions test scores?? i'm an offer holder just curious haha
Original post by damiansdaughter
not sure if this has already been asked but is there any way we can find out our admissions test scores?? i'm an offer holder just curious haha

Ask your Director of Studies once/if you get in seems the only way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
I can confirm that email is fine, though I've had some nice letters too (none handwritten yet). :smile:

I might do a nice handwritten letter just for you :wink: thanks for the clarification! :h:
I still can't believe it. :redface:
Reply 766
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I might do a nice handwritten letter just for you :wink: thanks for the clarification! :h:

Fountain pen :wink:

(I'm honestly surprised no-one has done that - I know we are in the digital age but I'd have thought at least 1 offer holder would have. :frown: Indeed it's quicker to just put pen to paper for a quick "thank you" than type up and print a letter )

With a feathered quill on a sheepskin parchment. :wink:
This might not be the right place, but ah well.

This is going to sound really silly, but the more I think about Cambridge, the more terrified I get. I'm looking at myself critically, and without attempting to sound whiny or self-indulgent, I'm really worried that I'm not actually intelligent enough to be at Cambridge. I'm beyond happy to have an offer but I can't help but feel a sense of, I don't know, just generally not being good enough?

Is anyone else experiencing post-offer imposter syndrome? I want to talk to someone about it, but anything I say makes me sound ungrateful for the privileges I've received in my life.
Original post by jneill
Fountain pen :wink:

(I'm honestly surprised no-one has done that - I know we are in the digital age but I'd have thought at least 1 offer holder would have. :frown: Indeed it's quicker to just put pen to paper for a quick "thank you" than type up and print a letter )

I'm going to write a pretty letter although I don't own a fountain pen! So one offer holder will do it the old fashioned way :wink::tongue:
Original post by vincrows
With a feathered quill on a sheepskin parchment. :wink:

:lol: beautiful
Original post by blue2337

This is going to sound really silly, but the more I think about Cambridge, the more terrified I get. I'm looking at myself critically, and without attempting to sound whiny or self-indulgent, I'm really worried that I'm not actually intelligent enough to be at Cambridge. I'm beyond happy to have an offer but I can't help but feel a sense of, I don't know, just generally not being good enough?

Is anyone else experiencing post-offer imposter syndrome? I want to talk to someone about it, but anything I say makes me sound ungrateful for the privileges I've received in my life.

No no don't worry, me too, I totally get you TAT
I guess the straight forward answer would just be, they offered you a place because they are professionals who gauge your ability to be suitable for Cambridge. But don't worry, you're not alone in this :smile:
Reply 772
Original post by blue2337

Original post by Titania_Fleuret_
No no don't worry, me too, I totally get you TAT
I guess the straight forward answer would just be, they offered you a place because they are professionals who gauge your ability to be suitable for Cambridge. But don't worry, you're not alone in this :smile:

Definitely not uncommon - see @pamplemousse.'s post here and the follow-up replies :smile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69547496&postcount=4519

I'll look forward to it - good practice for Tripos!
Reply 774
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
I'll look forward to it - good practice for Tripos!

If I get the grades 🙈 I started proper revision on Thursday.
Reply 777
Original post by daniilS
I know!!!!!!!!!:woo:

745 likes now. Bingo!
Original post by daniilS

#goalz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daniilS

Wooo!!!

Latest