The Student Room Group

When do you have a shower?

Scroll to see replies

I shower every other day and wash my hair once a week. Obvs it's antisocial to reek of stale 'pits in public but at the same time, you want to try and conserve the natural ecosystem of your skin. Anyone who doesn't feel able to forego daily showers should consider skipping the soap every other day perhaps. A rinse with just water is gonna be less harsh on the skin.
Reply 21
Original post by WoodyMKC
I always tend to shower at night before bed, just seems to fit better into my life. Much less busy at night time, saves a lot of time and effort as opposed to showering in the morning and relaxes me before bed.

On the contrary, showering every day upsets the balance of your skin and leads to all sorts of skin problems, plus washes away good bacteria and increases the risks of disease or infection, and washing your hair every day is really bad for it. I still tend to shower most days but if I've not been busy and got anything on me or broke a sweat and I smell fine all over then I might skip a shower here and there.

Nailed it on the head there. The whole reason why everyone thinks you should shower everyday is because of advertising campaigns by companies who produce products such as shower wash, shampoo etc who made people feel guilty for not washing everyday. Honestly, 4-5 times a week is fine and is a lot more healthy for your immune system, skin and whatnot.
Mornin
Evening or night
Reply 24
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Evening or night

No morning?
Reply 25
Your using too much water!
Original post by S2M
No morning?

Nope
Reply 27
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Nope

Oh ok. I prefer to take one in the morning because later on I become so lazy and can't be bothered to do anything then.
every morning
in the morning and before i go to sleep
After breakfast. Sometimes twice a day when it's super hot and humid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending