The Student Room Group

Turned away from club due to suspicion

Hey people,

So yesterday I paid £20 to see a big DJ play at a club. Going there I was a little drunk, as most people are and I was separated from my friends in the queue. For context I'm Asian with a beard and had my backpack with me because I came straight from work, when I got to the front of the queue the bouncers were pretty aggressive when they searched my bag they kept asking why I have a laptop to which I replied it was because I came straight from work. When they asked for my ID I gave it to them but they saw I had another ID in my wallet, I explained I had taken it from a friend as a joke and was going to give it back the next time I saw him (which is the truth) but they confiscated it. I then told them they were being racist and they aggressively threw me out the queue. Now this is ****ing ridiculous, ruined my night and was a waste of £20.

Is there anything I can do?
Reply 1
FYI I'm aware I must have looked suspicious to them
Reply 2
You created suspicion by doing sketchy **** like keeping someone else's ID in your wallet. It's your own fault tbh
Original post by Anonymous
Hey people,

So yesterday I paid £20 to see a big DJ play at a club. Going there I was a little drunk, as most people are and I was separated from my friends in the queue. For context I'm Asian with a beard and had my backpack with me because I came straight from work, when I got to the front of the queue the bouncers were pretty aggressive when they searched my bag they kept asking why I have a laptop to which I replied it was because I came straight from work. When they asked for my ID I gave it to them but they saw I had another ID in my wallet, I explained I had taken it from a friend as a joke and was going to give it back the next time I saw him (which is the truth) but they confiscated it. I then told them they were being racist and they aggressively threw me out the queue. Now this is ****ing ridiculous, ruined my night and was a waste of £20.

Is there anything I can do?

I feel for you man. Being a British South Asian myself, I have also sadly faced discrimination like that. When my cousin turned 23, I went to her party at a club in London. I was working that day so I left work late and went there on my own. All of her mates and my family were all in there and I was outside on my own. Reach the front of the queue and the jobsworth bouncer was literally like "sorry mate, you got to book in advance to come in". I explained to him that my family were in and he was like "I don't care". Then like 3 white guys get in the queue and I literally tell them, lads you won't get in because the jobsworth won't let you in. To my surprise, not so much to theirs - all 3 were let in. I made a huge scene about it outside and in the end just walked off - well my cousins all left the club for me.

Sadly, nothing much can be done as clubs are not really regulated and are considered private venues. It is a shame really, because with off-licenses and what not - even if it is owned by a shopkeeper you can still complain to the council or someone. Even the police can be a jobsworth at clubs - they always take the bouncers side for everything. Sorry.
You cna make a complainty to management, who will then point out you looked suspicious, especially the second ID. Not surprising by calling them raist that you got their backs up. If you were a little drunk then that would damage your sense of perception. You should ask for the return of the ID and for it to be sent to your friends address.

Your problem appears to be of your own making.
Reply 5
I'm not surprised, you got what you deserved.
Reply 6
Original post by meenu89
I'm not surprised, you got what you deserved.

How exactly did I 'deserve' to be refused entry. Of course you're a Tory. Were I white there is 0% chance I'd been refused entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending