The Student Room Group

Trump and Obama

Obama was one of the worst presidents america has ever seen, i don't get why people like him. Hilary was in line to become the first President-felon . Trump is not bad.I don't get why everyone is so scared after the worst president ever , who put america in trillions of dollars in debt, is leaving and someone who's saying america first is coming into office.

People call him racist but hes right - america is getting all of mexican rapists and Europe is getting all the rapists from the middle east.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shy fx
im not trolling , im right

You have 1 gem, probably a new member, is that because your last account was banned? Maybe for trolling? I don't know... :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Original post by Shadow Hunters
You have 1 gem, probably a new member, is that because your last account was banned? Maybe for trolling? I don't know... :rolleyes:

i just made an account i dont know what gems even are , are you just going to call me troll or tell me how im wrong? because i really dont think you can
Original post by Shy fx
Obama was one of the worst presidents america has ever seen, i don't get why people like him. Hilary was in line to become the first President-felon . Trump is not bad.I don't get why everyone is so scared after the worst president ever , who put america in trillions of dollars in debt, is leaving and someone who's saying america first is coming into office.

People call him racist but hes right - america is getting all of mexican rapists and Europe is getting all the rapists from the middle east.

Obama has charisma whereas Trump is divisive. That's why Obama is more popular.
Original post by Shy fx
im not trolling , im right

Right is subjective. An opinion can never truly be right. So you are incorrect. Only a fact can be right or wrong, and what you stated was an opinion, without any proper proof.

People like Obama because he was a genial and well-mannered man. His policies were far from the best, but he had a good temperament, which is why he appealed to the masses.

He was a good person, in the sense, a good example for people to try to emulate, but he wasn't as good a president as people make him out to be. He's not shrewd enough to be a good president.

And as far as Trump goes, he talks A LOT. People are jumping about with what he says and having polarising opinions, but it's a waste of time. Why don't you sit calmly and see which promises are delivered, and which aren't? If he can fulfill his promises, well and good. If not, then that's a huge slap on the face of supporters who said: WAIT AND WATCH, HE SHALL CHANGE OUR COUNTRY, HE IS THE MESSIAH.

Also, I can't take a person who doesn't believe in climate change seriously. You have to be the most foolish, self-absorbed beacon of ignorance to think it's a hoax.

Again, all opinions, not claiming them to be the all-mighty gospel truth.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Fallen Star
Obama has charisma whereas Trump is divisive. That's why Obama is more popular.

But he is literally the worst president america has ever seen - Obamacare is a disaster + Trump is charismatic people just turn off because they've been TOLD hes racist, let alone all the unbelievably biased media
Reply 6
Original post by Ze Witcher
Are you really saying that the only influx of rapists America and Europe are getting are only from Mexico and the Middle East respectively? Or that Mexican's and European's are all rapists?

Sir, you are retarded.

Good day.

No , i most definitely diddnt say that youre using a straw man XD
Reply 7
Are you really saying that the only influx of rapists America and Europe are getting are only from Mexico and the Middle East respectively? Or that Mexican's and European's are all rapists?

Sir, you are retarded.

Good day.

did you know 80% of young girls crossing the border get raped by coyotes (smugglers) and illegals?
Original post by Shy fx
i just made an account i dont know what gems even are , are you just going to call me troll or tell me how im wrong? because i really dont think you can

But you've already said you're right so you won't listen to me anyway...

Okay okay. So for me, Trump may do good things for America but he is a climate change denier, he is getting rid of climate change action and at such a pivotal time for the world, this is a huge step back. :redface:
There is loads of research backing climate change being real and even then,
I go past a car with its engine on and I smell carbon monoxide from the engine I get a headache from it so it's logical to think that if that is what happens to me then of course something similar happens to flowers and the air.
Barack Obama realised this, worked a lot to get the Paris Agreement done, got China to join.
Obama was a great president in my opinion but of course Trump can become great too but for me he will be a failure if he doesn't tackle climate change in some way.

I won't reply if you just use hate language about Obama. Or say it's not real. :redface:
Reply 9
You do know that you are stereotyping, right? No point branding a whole country for the actions of the relative few...

WHAT i diddnt say anything about all mexicans being rapists but its fact mexico are sending rapists to america
Reply 10
Original post by Shadow Hunters
But you've already said you're right so you won't listen to me anyway...

Okay okay. So for me, Trump may do good things for America but he is a climate change denier, he is getting rid of climate change action and at such a pivotal time for the world, this is a huge step back. :redface:
There is loads of research backing climate change being real and even then,
I go past a car with its engine on and I smell carbon monoxide from the engine I get a headache from it so it's logical to think that if that is what happens to me then of course something similar happens to flowers and the air.
Barack Obama realised this, worked a lot to get the Paris Agreement done, got China to join.
Obama was a great president in my opinion but of course Trump can become great too but for me he will be a failure if he doesn't tackle climate change in some way.

I won't reply if you just use hate language about Obama. Or say it's not real. :redface:

you cant logically look at obamas presidency and say it was postive for america. i believe climate change is happening but the us cant ut any more money into it until proof is found. The Polar ice caps for the past 3 years have been growing i size.
ask a liberal why they thought obama was good and watch the short circuiting begin inside their heads
and experience the umming and erring as they strain to find one specific thing he did which was either good or true
it's funny, because bush apparently set the presidential-quality bar so low that somebody as lame as obama seemed good
well in my honest opinion, bush and obama had the exact same overall ideology, except obama was privately a liberal.
so if we're judging based on policies and not private beliefs, bush and obama are the same. but why do liberals then like him?
if anything they should deplore him as a sell out traitor to their movement. and black people should look past his skin tone too.
he was a hopeless and disappointing leader no matter how many chuckles he made - and at the very least, he could have done that< based on the nationalist sentiment too like reagan. but if anything he did the opposite- he did nothing to roll back the national-shame movement that is now so popular, and he egged on the BLM movement as well with the tray-von case.
and I understand the power limitations of the american president constitutionally - he's not like a prime minister - but even still, he had a solidly democrat congress for a long time and never used it. and then things got worse *because* of that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Shy fx
But he is literally the worst president america has ever seen - Obamacare is a disaster + Trump is charismatic people just turn off because they've been TOLD hes racist, let alone all the unbelievably biased media

Although there have been issues with Obamacare, many people find Obama likeable and he has good leadership skills. On the other hand, public opinion on Trump is split down the middle, remember only 45.9% of those who voted chose him as their pick for president.

As well as being seen as racist for his tough stance on immigration, he is also labelled as misogynistic because of the way he addresses and behaves around women.
Reply 13
Original post by Fallen Star
Although there have been issues with Obamacare, many people find Obama likeable and he has good leadership skills. On the other hand, public opinion on Trump is split down the middle, remember only 45.9% of those who voted chose him as their pick for president.

As well as being seen as racist for his tough stance on immigration, he is also labelled as misogynistic because of the way he addresses and behaves around women.

Obama doesnt have good leadership skills , can you give me an example of him being misogynistic against women or racist against non-whites. The electoral college was put in place to stop 3 states picking who will be president every 4 years -he did win fair and square - anyway lets just thank god hilary diddnt get into office
Original post by Shy fx
I don't get why everyone is so scared after the worst president ever

I seriously doubt you could even name every US president, let alone what they did in office, without looking it up. You can only say someone is the worst of a set if you actually know everyone else in it.

who put america in trillions of dollars in debt

America was already trillions of dollars in debt when Bush II left office. Not that that makes a blind bit of difference - 'trillions of dollars' doesn't mean anything on its own, as any reputable economist would tell you. These things have to be considered in relation to other economic factors.

america first is coming into office.

You don't know the origins of the America First movement, do you? You'd be speaking German right now if the fools who first went by that name had been listened to.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Shy fx

What grates me about Obama more than his actual Presidency (which was, by most metrics, on the tail end of mediocre) is him as a person. The economist Thomas Sowell described Obama as a "glib egomaniac" which I don't think goes far enough. This article from the Weekly Standard gets at my issue with him pretty well.
Reply 16
Original post by Hydeman
I seriously doubt you could even name every US president, let alone what they did in office, without looking it up. You can only say someone is the worst of a set if you actually know everyone else in it.

America was already trillions of dollars in debt when Bush II left office. Not that that makes a blind bit of difference - 'trillions of dollars' doesn't mean anything on its own, as any reputable economist would tell you. These things have to be considered in relation to other economic factors.

You don't know the origins of the America First movement, do you? You'd be speaking German right now if the fools who first went by that name had been listened to.

So because america was already in trillions of dollars debt it justifies him putiing them in even more debt - obama was catagorically the worst president america has ever seen. Hes put america in more debt than every other president combined.
Original post by Shy fx
you cant logically look at obamas presidency and say it was postive for america. i believe climate change is happening but the us cant ut any more money into it until proof is found. The Polar ice caps for the past 3 years have been growing i size.

I read @ NASA that the Antarctic increase in ice caps does not make up for the arctic depletion of ice caps.
But if it continues at this rate and global temperatures continue to increase some countries or towns could end up under water! Probably in years time but we can't let that happen. :frown:
Trump has surrounded himself with climate change deniers and fundamentalist Christians so it's unlikely it's because of a "lack of proof", his pals won't listen. :redface: Many of the jobs he promised are in industries such as oil and fracking which isn't great for the environment.
Obama saved many American lives with Obamacare who couldn't otherwise afford healthcare, he pushed for the Paris agreeement, got the USA out of the economic crisis. He was successful IMO but very restricted by the senate and house of reps.
Original post by Shy fx
obama was catagorically the worst president america has ever seen.

You've clearly not a clue about US presidents before the modern era.
Original post by jape
What grates me about Obama more than his actual Presidency (which was, by most metrics, on the tail end of mediocre) is him as a person. The economist Thomas Sowell described Obama as a "glib egomaniac" which I don't think goes far enough. This article from the Weekly Standard gets at my issue with him pretty well.

Isn't the weekly standard an extremely biased magazine? I'm no economist, but seriously, wouldn't a neutral source be better?

I don't see why he, as a person, was a "glib egomaniac." I'm not challenging you or anything, but I'm intrigued. Could you highlight a few reasons why you think so? I'd be interested in that perspective.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending