The Student Room Group

How many attempts did it take you to pass your driving test?

I've just taken my second driving test today and failed but I've managed to book another one for about two weeks. I'm just interested to see how many attempts it took people to pass their test for reassurance:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I passed 3rd time. Been driving nearly 4 years now and I still disagree with the examiner's decision on my first test, my instructor also agrees it sounds a bit weird and when he asked the examiner what happened he was very vague and unclear. Second time I screwed up, simple as. Third time I had a near-perfect test, only minor was when the examiner picked a really narrow road to parallel park on and I scraped the curb on my right.
Failed first time when I was 17 since I just didn't care that much. Didn't try again until 27 and passed first time with no minors.
Original post by Eiknarf233
I've just taken my second driving test today and failed but I've managed to book another one for about two weeks. I'm just interested to see how many attempts it took people to pass their test for reassurance:biggrin:

I passed on my 3rd attempt :smile: good luck for your next attempt though :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Passed first time but failed my theory test first time :tongue:

I shouldn't have passed my driving test though..
I passed first time with 3 minors. I don't feel like I should have passed though, but I'm not going to complain :tongue:
Reply 6
Passed theory and driving exam 1st time. Been driving since 15 (just some fun outside public roads), drove for a year on provisional license and then full license. Found out insurance prices and didn't drive for 2 years (think government should regulate insurance prices).
Reply 7
1st time.
Reply 8
I passed third time 😬

Good luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leviathan1741
I passed first time with 3 minors. I don't feel like I should have passed though, but I'm not going to complain :tongue:

I'm like that sometimes too :lol: but same here I'm not gonna complain though :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
5 :colone:
I am still learning but hope to pass first time.
Reply 12
First time on both theory and practical. My friend's mum took 14 attempts to pass her test, and that doesn't include theory resits. I wish I was joking.
Passed on my second time.
Original post by Merfie
My friend's mum took 14 attempts to pass her test, and that doesn't include theory resits. I wish I was joking.

At this point I'd honestly be questioning whether she should be allowed on the road, pass or not.
Original post by AndrewSCO
Passed first time but failed my theory test first time :tongue:

I shouldn't have passed my driving test though..

Why?
Original post by cherryred90s
Why?

Stalled at a roundabout and hit the kerb on my parallel park

Apparently stalling at the roundabout is okay as long as you recover but pretty sure you're not allowed to hit the kerb on your park :lol:

I got 7 minors in total lol
Stalled at a roundabout and hit the kerb on my parallel park

Apparently stalling at the roundabout is okay as long as you recover but pretty sure you're not allowed to hit the kerb on your park :lol:

I got 7 minors in total lol

My instructor said you can clip the curb and get away with a minor. It's only if you mount the kerb that you fail I think, but I guess it depends on your examiner.
7 minors is good though, I wouldn't mind that !
Original post by cherryred90s
My instructor said you can clip the curb and get away with a minor. It's only if you mount the kerb that you fail I think, but I guess it depends on your examiner.
7 minors is good though, I wouldn't mind that !

Ah fair enough then, it was just a clip I think.

I dunno most people I knew seemed to be getting like 2/3 minors :lol:
Ah fair enough then, it was just a clip I think.

I dunno most people I knew seemed to be getting like 2/3 minors :lol:

Yeah 2-3 minors is impressive but I suppose when you pass, no one cares

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending