The Student Room Group

Favourite foundation?

What's your favourite foundation, and how many do you own?

I tend to shop drugstores for my foundation as A) since I don't tend to wear make-up much, I don't want to splash out, and B) I do a lot of gym (though I don't wear make-up to the gym), walking, and moving heavy boxes at my volunteering. This means I sweat a lot. And I don't want to waste money on a foundation I could sweat off in an hour :rofl:

My problem is is that I have pale skin with red patches (and it's even worse now due to the treatment I'm going under for my skin) so it is incredibly hard for me to find a foundation that won't make me look deathly pale (but cover my imperfections) or Donald Trump-esq like. :rofl:

I have 4 foundations:

- Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and Rimmel's Fresher Skin are my go-to ones if I need a little coverage when going to class etc and I don't want the world to suffer seeing my face. :laugh:

- Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid is my go-to for events where I have to wear make-up as it feels heavier on my skin, and coverage is better than its Dream Mousse equivalent.

- I have just bought Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and I am looking forward to using it when I next go out. As it is hypoallergenic, it means it won't irritate my poor skin, and yet it's meant to be a nice light coverage, which is what I like.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airmed

What's your favourite foundation, and how many do you own?

I tend to shop drugstores for my foundation as A) since I don't tend to wear make-up much, I don't want to splash out, and B) I do a lot of gym (though I don't wear make-up to the gym), walking, and moving heavy boxes at my volunteering. This means I sweat a lot. And I don't want to waste money on a foundation I could sweat off in an hour :rofl:

My problem is is that I have pale skin with red patches (and it's even worse now due to the treatment I'm going under for my skin) so it is incredibly hard for me to find a foundation that won't make me look deathly pale (but cover my imperfections) or Donald Trump-esq like. :rofl:

I have 4 foundations:

- Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and Rimmel's Fresher Skin are my go-to ones if I need a little coverage when going to class etc and I don't want the world to suffer seeing my face. :laugh:

- Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid is my go-to for events where I have to wear make-up as it feels heavier on my skin, and coverage is better than its Dream Mousse equivalent.

- I have just bought Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and I am looking forward to using it when I next go out. As it is hypoallergenic, it means it won't irritate my poor skin, and yet it's meant to be a nice light coverage, which is what I like.

My favourite foundation is the Clinton Foundation, much special interests, such wow. :wink:
High End would be Diorskin Forever. Drugstore would be L'oreal True Match. :smile: Rn I own two because my other foundation is too dark.
Reply 3
Original post by Connor27
My favourite foundation is the Clinton Foundation, much special interests, such wow. :wink:

Don't mock my thread, lad :laugh:

Original post by saraxh
High End would be Diorskin Forever. Drugstore would be L'oreal True Match. :smile: Rn I own two because my other foundation is too dark.

L'Oreal breaks me out :sad: I have heard how good it is and I can't use it :frown: Except their nail polishes.
Original post by Airmed

L'Oreal breaks me out :sad: I have heard how good it is and I can't use it :frown: Except their nail polishes.

Oh, i've heard Revlon Wake Me Up is good. I wouldn't recommend Mac because it broke me out like crazy. :s-smilie:
foundation maths.It's the easiest:colondollar:

Spoiler

Original post by Airmed

Can't beat a good old Shillary joke, off topic but did you see Bill eyeing up Ivanka Trump yesterday :u:
Reply 7
Original post by saraxh
Oh, i've heard Revlon Wake Me Up is good. I wouldn't recommend Mac because it broke me out like crazy. :s-smilie:

I've never bought from Revlon, hmm. I only have MAC lipsticks, I won't go near their foundations.
Reply 8
Concrete.
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
Concrete.

It must look so good on you :mmm:
I dont like the feel of foundation on my face, so I just wear a little bit of pressed powder cos its sets better.
Isaac Asimov_1951_Foundation.jpg
MAC for me. Before it I'd never found anything that felt so light, blended perfectly, lasted so long, and lacked that typical odour most cheaper foundations tend to get about them around the end of the day .
I LOVE the dior skin forever foundation or nude air foundation ( also dior) but i did used to own bare minerals original and ready foundation, I only switched because it was quite time consuming using the powder foundations as opposed to liquid and I have also found that the dior foundations have dramatically improved my skin.
What I use at the moment (I only use foundation for "special occasions" generally, so mine are all quite high coverage)

Rimmel lasting finish foundation - I wear this most often as it's cheap - the palest colour is still a bit orangey on me but it lasts a long time and isn't too drying.

Estée Lauder double wear - I actually have a sample of this as I'd heard great things but its too dry for my skin and goes all flaky. But I still use it sparingly mixed with a little moisturiser as it's a shame to waste it.

Estée Lauder perfectionist - I find this better than double wear as it's not as drying. I ignore the fact it's for "mature" skin

My all time favourite foundation was bourjous 10 hour sleep foundation. I must have gone through about 20 bottles of that stuff in my late teens/early twenties. So sad they stopped making it - though it would probably be too dry for me now. I might try heathy mix when my next bottle of rimmel runs out.
Nars All Day Luminous Foundation is the best I've used. Super pigmented, looks natural and stays on pretty much all day. Foundations is a cosmetic which I will pay a premium for, because expensive formulations tend to be much better than drugstore brands.
It's not really a foundation but Im in love with Lush colour supplement, I've been using it for a year now and it feels so good on my skin!
Before that I put CC SPF 30 cream on then apply the Lush product! The coverage of it is good in my opinion as it has a sheer coverage but if you use layers then there would obviously be more coverage. The texture is really smooth when applied on your face. Most importantly it doesnt have harsh chemicals.

Spoiler

Reply 17
Original post by Amazon_Lover
I dont like the feel of foundation on my face, so I just wear a little bit of pressed powder cos its sets better.

Pressed powder only sits on my skin if I have foundation on :sad:

Original post by sinfonietta
MAC for me. Before it I'd never found anything that felt so light, blended perfectly, lasted so long, and lacked that typical odour most cheaper foundations tend to get about them around the end of the day .

MAC foundation is really expensive, isn't?

Original post by bethaniteddy
I LOVE the dior skin forever foundation or nude air foundation ( also dior) but i did used to own bare minerals original and ready foundation, I only switched because it was quite time consuming using the powder foundations as opposed to liquid and I have also found that the dior foundations have dramatically improved my skin.

Never tried Dior, there is another one for the list :holmes:

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
What I use at the moment (I only use foundation for "special occasions" generally, so mine are all quite high coverage)

Rimmel lasting finish foundation - I wear this most often as it's cheap - the palest colour is still a bit orangey on me but it lasts a long time and isn't too drying.

Estée Lauder double wear - I actually have a sample of this as I'd heard great things but its too dry for my skin and goes all flaky. But I still use it sparingly mixed with a little moisturiser as it's a shame to waste it.

Estée Lauder perfectionist - I find this better than double wear as it's not as drying. I ignore the fact it's for "mature" skin

My all time favourite foundation was bourjous 10 hour sleep foundation. I must have gone through about 20 bottles of that stuff in my late teens/early twenties. So sad they stopped making it - though it would probably be too dry for me now. I might try heathy mix when my next bottle of rimmel runs out.

I found Rimmel Lasting Finish to be far too orange for my skin, and their Match Prefection (which is great colour for my skin) to not last very long and come off very easily :sad: I have never used Estée Lauder, but I plan to use the Healthy Mix today. Will see how that goes!

Original post by habeas.corpus
Nars All Day Luminous Foundation is the best I've used. Super pigmented, looks natural and stays on pretty much all day. Foundations is a cosmetic which I will pay a premium for, because expensive formulations tend to be much better than drugstore brands.

I've not heard of that brand. :colondollar: But then, my make-up knowledge is crap, unless it is nail polish.

Original post by FemaleBo55
It's not really a foundation but Im in love with Lush colour supplement, I've been using it for a year now and it feels so good on my skin!
Before that I put CC SPF 30 cream on then apply the Lush product! The coverage of it is good in my opinion as it has a sheer coverage but if you use layers then there would obviously be more coverage. The texture is really smooth when applied on your face. Most importantly it doesnt have harsh chemicals.

Spoiler

I find all CC and BB creams to be far too orange, even with the lightest shade. And when I mix them with moisturiser, it is still too orange. :frown: I buy Lush facemasks though, I love those.
I have Revlon Colourstay which is a perfect colour, but I accidentally picked up the one for oily skin instead of the one for dry so I can only wear it on good skin days with pleeeenty of primer :colondollar: The only other good one I've tried is Illamasqua Skin Base but at £32 a pop, it's way out of my price range. Maybe one day :moon:
I Love Love makeup :smile: :smile: :smile:

I had a sample size nars sheer glow OML OML this foundation is amazing i wish i could buy the full size but i just can't bring my self to spend that amount atm on a foundation

I have also got revlon colourstay dry/combo skin in Buff i love this but it sometimes cakes up around my nose etc. :frown: but i feel it leave my skin looking lovely

i have also got the Bourjois healthly mix serum foundation its a nice light coverage which i think would be good for summer i got the lighest shade because im not tanned and it was literally like putting fake tan on my face but anyone who can get a colour match to it would be perfect for summer :smile:

I wanna try the Ex1 foundation its only £12.25 and loads of people rave about it on youtube and much the coverage is amazing for the price

Quick Reply

Latest