The Student Room Group

A*AU predicted grades

Could i get into a uni through clearing that offers AAB? Or is this completely unrealistic?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lw8
Could i get into a uni through clearing that offers AAB? Or is this completely unrealistic?

Why do you care about these predicted grades?
Original post by Maths is Life
Why do you care about these predicted grades?

Because it is very likely i'll get these grades at this stage.
Original post by lw8
Because it is very likely i'll get these grades at this stage.

Don't believe in such rubbish.
What's the reason you are predicted U and what subject is it?
Original post by Maths is Life
Don't believe in such rubbish.

I'm predicting myself these grades, thanks for the positivity though, i shouldn't be predicting myself a U :frown:
Original post by uberteknik
What's the reason you are predicted U and what subject is it?

13/75 in my mock exam, Maths.
Reply 7
How the hell can you be predicted a U. I thought the lowest predictions people got were C's
Original post by lw8
13/75 in my mock exam, Maths.

What was the reason you got 13/75 in your mocks?
Original post by FNugent
How the hell can you be predicted a U. I thought the lowest predictions people got were C's

Predicted a C, since then i got an extremely low U in my mock, i'm wondering what my options will be if i get a U.
What was the reason you got 13/75 in your mocks?

Find maths incredibly difficult, i even have a tutor every Sunday, which helps, but not enough.
Original post by lw8
Find maths incredibly difficult, i even have a tutor every Sunday, which helps, but not enough.

What are your other subjects and what would you prefer to study at university?
What are your other subjects and what would you prefer to study at university?

Economics and Business, I've sent my application off for economics
Original post by lw8

Just work hard!! Do a shed load of past papers...
What did you get at AS in those dam subjects? What offers have you received/are you waiting on?
Original post by MajorFader
Just work hard!! Do a shed load of past papers...
What did you get at AS in those dam subjects? What offers have you received/are you waiting on?

AAD at AS, received on offer from Manchester, waiting on Durham, Loughborough, Lancaster and Kent :smile:

I think you're right, i should be working to improve my grade in maths, if i do that, i'll be fine.
Original post by lw8
Economics is not exactly maths intensive. If you can get that A* and A and then bump up your maths to a C, you should be in with a good chance as long as the uni's you have applied to are not top tier high demand like LSE or Warwick etc.
Original post by lw8
AAD at AS, received on offer from Manchester, waiting on Durham, Loughborough, Lancaster and Kent :smile:

I think you're right, i should be working to improve my grade in maths, if i do that, i'll be fine.

Sorry I just read what I wrote and I didn't mean to say dam :colondollar:. It was stupid auto correct.
Just try hard to get an A.
Reply 17
Economics is not exactly maths intensive. If you can get that A* and A and then bump up your maths to a C, you should be in with a good chance as long as the uni's you have applied to are not top tier high demand like LSE or Warwick etc.

It's still got heavy amounts of differentiation/integration and when it comes to stats and metrics you are outright ****ed without a decent level of maths.
Just gotta keep at it with the maths or change to another subject ASAP as I sincerely doubt you'd get an offer even if you had 100%, 100% and a U
I take maths and if you make sure you thoroughly learnt he concepts and formulas, then use all the past papers on the face of the Earth, it should work out - if you put the time & effort in. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest