The Student Room Group

Just found out my ex is now dating my best friend :)) AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _princessxox
Yeah I'm lucky I like psych because I honestly had to teach myself in class for the first term as my original teacher was so terrible! She got fired though

Chemistry is difficult I can't lie, I find the content fine but the exam questions ridiculously hard, I mean I'm working at an A- but that's with so much work and stress

Posted from TSR Mobile

Peeps should stop putting a Grade on their work ethic. -Sorry don't mean to be savage.
Your Psych teach got fired?????
Original post by Maths is Life
Peeps should stop putting a Grade on their work ethic. -Sorry don't mean to be savage.
Your Psych teach got fired?????

What do you mean aha

Yeah she did she was really bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by telepathicnine
But I don't get it.

Why does it hurt them?

Why can I be friends with this person, but then go out with his/her ex? They're not dating my friend anymore, now I can.
What am I missing?

I think what you're missing is that for most people, once two people start loving each other, they will still have some feelings for each other even after they've separated.
Reply 183
So you're saying that I should keep someone in my life who did me wrong and that I shouldn't have a problem with seeing her with my ex all the time? Like that's a normal situation? Can I just ask how old you are lol

Free up space for people in your life who actually care about you... don't keep people around that hurt you. Ignore this person, I don't understand how they think anyone would want to keep someone who has no regard for you or your feelings as a friend...

did you confront your friend?

edit - and FYI it doesn't matter if you're 14 or 40! It's not at all about maturity... in any shape or form.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cosmic angel
I think what you're missing is that for most people, once two people start loving each other, they will still have some feelings for each other even after they've separated.

I don't love him, but I think at some point I did and obviously after everything I now just have negative feelings for him so for my best friend to go and date him is really hard idu how people don't think she did anything wrong
Original post by Moura
Free up space for people in your life who actually care about you... don't keep people around that hurt you. Ignore this person, I don't understand how they think anyone would want to keep someone who has no regard for you or your feelings as a friend...

did you confront your friend?

Thank you :smile: she's no longer anyone to me
I did, she was actually very rude I told her I knew about her and my ex and she said okay good bc I didn't know if I was going to tell you, then she said "I guess this means we aren't friends now lol"
But whatever I still have all my other friends and she only has him who definitely won't stick around for long :smile:
I don't love him, but I think at some point I did and obviously after everything I now just have negative feelings for him so for my best friend to go and date him is really hard idu how people don't think she did anything wrong

Yeah I'd probably be very hurt by a best friend betraying me that and having to lose her especially after having been best friends for 6 years. I'm so sorry for you :frown:

Did you confront her (sorry if I've missed anything not read the previous replies)
This is why I don't get into relationships.

Spoiler

Original post by cosmic angel
Yeah I'd probably be very hurt by a best friend betraying me that and having to lose her especially after having been best friends for 6 years. I'm so sorry for you :frown:

Did you confront her (sorry if I've missed anything not read the previous replies)

I did I said I knew about it and she said she was glad bc she didn't know if she was going to tell me and then she said i guess we're not friends now lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fandom-queen
This is why I don't get into relationships.

Spoiler

Ahahaha relationships are too much stress, plus side is I want to be distracted so I've put myself down for 10 extra hours at work this week lmaoooo
Money>boys
Ahahaha relationships are too much stress, plus side is I want to be distracted so I've put myself down for 10 extra hours at work this week lmaoooo
Money>boys

Don't overwork yourself though. I just read what you wrote above and my god, she's horrible!

Don't you worry, this is life's way of warning you about her and spitting her out of your life. It's actually a good thing.
Original post by fandom-queen
Don't overwork yourself though. I just read what you wrote above and my god, she's horrible!

Don't you worry, this is life's way of warning you about her and spitting her out of your life. It's actually a good thing.

Yeah I'm trying to see the positives but it can be hard lol, tbh thinking back she has been so off with me for months now so she was probably dating him then aswell whilst I was with him... but I might just be jumping to conclusions :/ idk
Just don't show them you care, that'll really piss them off
Was it his pipe game that made you leave him?
Original post by Apocrypha
Was it his pipe game that made you leave him?

lmaoooooo
Minor, she obviously wasn't your best friend then, at least you've seen their true colours now.
My ex is with my brother, truss me you'll get over it
Reply 196
so what? you made him your ex, hes free to do what he wants.
Original post by Nerry
so what? you made him your ex, hes free to do what he wants.

that's your opinion whatever, i think SHE should've been loyal to me but i'm over it now.
Original post by AmanM7
Minor, she obviously wasn't your best friend then, at least you've seen their true colours now.
My ex is with my brother, truss me you'll get over it

omg that's even worse idu how he could do that..
omg that's even worse idu how he could do that..

lol lol well it wasn't his fault it was hers

Quick Reply

Latest