The Student Room Group

Conversion to Christianity / Islamic parents

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pikachū
it's a maymay you dip

My apologies for living in the real world.

Is "dip" short for "dipshit" or is that a "maymay" too?
Original post by Palmyra
My apologies for living in the real world.

Is "dip" short for "dipshit" or is that a "maymay" too?

normie
Original post by LisaNikita

Why I left;
- Light skin preference
- Protecting Israel
- Taqiyya

in Mecca nearly all women decide not to wear it; only when they come here.

I have lived in Uganda (muslim country)

Why I may want convert to Christianity?

- My dad (Eugenio Maric)

These things make me think you're a troll. If you're not, good luck.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't know these parables

Oh, sorry, you'll find it here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%207:24-27
Islam is based on Christianity, which is based on Judaism. They were meant to be the same religion but people have distorted everything. As have the control freak extremists. There is no racial discrimination in Islam. Its all from people today.
Reply 25
As the title tells, i converted to Christianity not too long ago and I am bullied by my family for it.

Why I left;
- Light skin preference
- Laws against women
- Sharia law
- Protecting Israel
- Quran 3:151 (intolerance of Kaffirs)
- Hadiths on black people
- Taqiyya
- Banu Qurayza/Mustaliq which made me see my prophet in a negative light.

I have expressed my views to my parents but they still force me to attend Mosque to preserve family "honour" and I sometimes have to wear a hijab.
The Quran does not say you have to wear a hijab, and trust me in Mecca nearly all women decide not to wear it; only when they come here.
I have lived in Uganda (muslim country) for a year when I was 8 and I don't recall many women wearing a Hijab either or a Burka. Its only when they come here.

Why I may want convert to Christianity?

- My dad (Eugenio Maric) is a roman catholic (italian)
- Stances on women
- Equal rights
- Offensive quotes in the bible were ruled insufficient by the Vatican Council II

I have attended mass over the past year and I am currently on confirmation age. Which is causing problems in my family
Help?

Dont just convert because of the values a religion , follow what you believed actually happened . Im atheist and i believe in womens rights, childrens rights and general moral goodness. In islam Mohammad was a pedophile who had sex with a 9 year old and the old testement isnt that much better , with angels being threatened to be raped in sodom. Make what you want out of it
Original post by Shy fx
Dont just convert because of the values a religion , follow what you believed actually happened . Im atheist and i believe in womens rights, childrens rights and general moral goodness. In islam Mohammad was a pedophile who had sex with a 9 year old and the old testement isnt that much better , with angels being threatened to be raped in sodom. Make what you want out of it

I think you should do more research about both religions before you make assumptions. The Prophet Muhammas married her at 9 but moved in with her at 12 and didnt have sex with her until about 15, when she actually wanted to.She loved him and he loved her. If he was a peadophile he wouldnt have married her. She was his best friends daughter.

And regarding the old testament, the angels came in the form of human and homosexuals wanted to have sex with them. Prophet Lot offered his daughters IN MARRIAGE. Not for rape.
Original post by Sstar123
I think you should do more research about both religions before you make assumptions. The Prophet Muhammas married her at 9 but moved in with her at 12 and didnt have sex with her until about 15, when she actually wanted to.She loved him and he loved her. If he was a peadophile he wouldnt have married her. She was his best friends daughter.

And regarding the old testament, the angels came in the form of human and homosexuals wanted to have sex with them. Prophet Lot offered his daughters IN MARRIAGE. Not for rape.

Lmao where did you get this? The delightful Prophet married her at 6 and had sex with her at 9.

Your logic is warped on so many levels.
Check out YouTube videos on ex-Muslims who've now converted to Christianity. Don't rush to convert, take your time and do your research. If you live with your parents it will be tough due to the conflict in beliefs.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Lmao where did you get this? The delightful Prophet married her at 6 and had sex with her at 9.

I got it from history books actually. Written by athiests. Its not logic its facts.
May i ask where you got this statement from (other than your messed up mind)?
I got it from history books actually. Written by athiests. Its not logic its facts.

Which book?

I got it from Sahih al Bukhari my dear. I find it sad and ironic you say I have a messed up mind despite you saying that Prophet M wasn't a paedophile because he married a child. That makes everything better doesn't it? :wink:
Reply 31
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

Lmao she is doing Taqiyya and this is one of the reasons I left
One delusion to another? Not exactly forward thinking are we?
Reply 33
I think you should do more research about both religions before you make assumptions. The Prophet Muhammas married her at 9 but moved in with her at 12 and didnt have sex with her until about 15, when she actually wanted to.
But the only authentic Islamic scriptures on the subject (sahih hadith, and there are several) all say that she married at 6 and consummated at 9. Some are even narrated by Aisha herself.

What is the source of the ages that you are quoting?
If it is the calculation based on Aisha's sister's age, elapsed times and historical events, you should be aware that the texts where these things are recorded are not as authentic as the ones they are attempting to refute.
Not to mention that is inferred rather than explicit (unlike the hadith).
Plus, no scholar proposed those ages until relatively recently (and most scholars reject them - as it requires rejecting long established sahih hadith), and it is only relatively recently that the spotlight has been turned on the more unacceptable elements of Islam. Coincidence? You decide.

She loved him and he loved her.
Irrelevant to the issue. And have you never herad of Stockholm Syndrome?

If he was a peadophile he wouldnt have married her.
How does this follow?
And BTW, he wasn't a paedophile because such practices were not illegal in those days. But he would be now. And Muhammad's example is supposed to be perfect, and something for all Muslims to emulate.

She was his best friends daughter.
Again, this has no bearing on the argument.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Marianade
Don't convert to any new religion just stay as an Atheist. This way no political problems carry into the future
That's right, tell someone what they should believe :rolleyes:
Reply 35
The only authentic Islamic history book is really Ibn Ishaq, and others like The Sealed Nectar and Lings, which are mostly based on it.

Even one of the most acclaimed non-partisan, academic history books on Islam (Hodgeson's "Venture of Islam") states that she was married at 9 years old.

What is the name of the book you are referring to?

So what you're saying is that its okay if a man in his 50s marries a 9 year old girl and has sex (because they apparently loved each other)with her at the age of 15? Would this make him less of a pedophile?

It is a well known and documented fact that pedophile rapist warlord Muhammad married her at the age of 6 and raped her at the age of 9 so using Taqqiya wont work.

More about how Aisha was abused by Muhammad (Based on what's written in sources that are considered authentic like Sahih Bukhari)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J4wch2pu3Fs
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Cant find the book, but ill keep on looking. What i do have is this:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2012/sep/17/muhammad-aisha-truth
Reply 38

why did he have to offer his daughters at all? because angels were apparently being threatened with homosexual rape + don't forgot the part where his wife turns to salt.

Mohammad consummated their marriage when she was 9 years old. Don't lie and say it says any less in the qu'ran because it doesn't. You don't know whether that little child loved the pedophile Mohammad or not so don't pretend like you actually do.

im not making assumptions at all , just observations
Have you even read the Bible or even the Quran in order to make reasonable comparisons between them instead of making assumptions that everyone seems to think of? As soon as you do that, you'll be able to decide on which religion you feel more inclined to. It may turn out that none of these religions work out for you. :h:

FYI, you should be aware of the difference between cultural values and beliefs, and religious values and beliefs. :colondollar:

Have a good day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending