The Student Room Group
Me! Wondering on how to prepare though..:s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by zwastix
Me! Wondering on how to prepare though..:s-smilie:

How do you normally do on them?
Original post by anon125
How do you normally do on them?

The last time i done them was in year 8, the junior one, but I didn't score amazing... I'm hoping to improve and get bronze or a silver. What about you?
Reply 4
Original post by zwastix
The last time i done them was in year 8, the junior one, but I didn't score amazing... I'm hoping to improve and get bronze or a silver. What about you?

Last year I got 112 and then 41 in the IMOK. In year 9 I got like 105 and somewhere in the 40s for cayley. There isn't much time to prepare but looking at past papers is usually really helpful!
Nice scores!! Where do you find access to the past papers? I can never find them.. thanks for the helpful advice, will defiantly try them out!
Reply 6
Original post by zwastix
Nice scores!! Where do you find access to the past papers? I can never find them.. thanks for the helpful advice, will defiantly try them out!

Thanks! Look up "UKMT Gateway", they have a load of past papers with solutions
Original post by anon125
Thanks! Look up "UKMT Gateway", they have a load of past papers with solutions

Thank youu! Good luck
Reply 8
Hi im in year 8 and i did the paper 2 days ago. I checked my answers online and i got 105. When i do the olympiad would i be doing maclaurin if i qualify for it or cayley as cayley is the olympiad for my age group?
Reply 9
Original post by l.manzini
Hi im in year 8 and i did the paper 2 days ago. I checked my answers online and i got 105. When i do the olympiad would i be doing maclaurin if i qualify for it or cayley as cayley is the olympiad for my age group?

Cayley:smile:
Hi. Just a question do year 10s do the intermediate or senior ukmt
Original post by cakelover99
Hi. Just a question do year 10s do the intermediate or senior ukmt

It's up to your school. Intermediate is designed for Year 10 and 11 but there's no reason you can't do both. The first 15 questions in the Senior are designed to be done with just GCSE knowledge.
Original post by tiny hobbit
The first 15 questions in the Senior are designed to be done with just GCSE knowledge.

I would say all of the SMC only requires GCSE knowledge, with ingenuity and a few tricks.

Edit: For context, I am in Y12 and did the IMC and SMC last year. I got to the Maclaurin and the Senior Kangaroo, only a handful of marks off BMO1, which I am kicking myself for not entering anyway.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tiny hobbit
It's up to your school. Intermediate is designed for Year 10 and 11 but there's no reason you can't do both. The first 15 questions in the Senior are designed to be done with just GCSE knowledge.

That’s helpful. Thanks. Do u have any tips for me? I got silver last time. Now I am aiming for gold or higher
This thread was for last year's IMC, so I'm going to close it :smile: please continue the conversation here!

Quotes

Latest