The Student Room Group

Sexism Against Men and Female Privilege in the British ‘Justice’ System

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joecphillips
Men work more than women

Do they? How is that relevant to the point raised?
Reply 81
Original post by yudothis
Do they? How is that relevant to the point raised?

Yes on average they work more hours

It's as relevant as the crime rate as the more you work the better chances for promotion just like the more crime you commit the more chance of going to jail.
Yes on average they work more hours

It's as relevant as the crime rate as the more you work the better chances for promotion just like the more crime you commit the more chance of going to jail.

The same argument you usually use to deny the wage gap, you just fail at here. Yes on average, because they work in jobs where the hours are longer. But in the same jobs men don't work more. You are comparing apples and oranges. As usual you try to be clever and fail.
Men work more than women

They generally do more wage work. That's not quite the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
The same argument you usually use to deny the wage gap, you just fail at here. Yes on average, because they work in jobs where the hours are longer. But in the same jobs men don't work more. You are comparing apples and oranges. As usual you try to be clever and fail.

And in the same jobs they don't get paid more because of their gender, it's a discrepancy which has been looked into and follows through to the board level but who has looked at the justice system objectively and whether there is sexism negatively effecting men within it?
Biggest gender gap of them all is the life expectancy gap, worldwide men live 5 years less on average than women.
Original post by JustPadz
Biggest gender gap of them all is the life expectancy gap, worldwide men live 5 years less on average than women.

This gender gap tells a tragic story about the state of men in the world. Its just one gender gap that is caused by a culmination of issues of misandry that burden men in everything in life from relationships to work and not just in this part of the world but across the globe.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Experience on TSR trumps academic evidence any day though, right?

What a small, small world.

What issues have you discussed in "feminist groups".

In fact, what "feminist groups" have you graced with your presence?

I didn't say this. However this isn't a university essay. We are allowed to make points on tsr, as long as they are well reasoned and rational.

If this was a university essay, I would have to reference it. And i would do, by the journals, reliable web source, or even my own experience (yes you can reference conversations, as long as there aren't too many of them).

I am actually sorry that you didn't learn about correct referencing, and i hope that you do in the future.

The fact that there are many issues in society, that are both underplayed, or not picked up in the androcentric journals, is not a mute point.

I am not denying that sexism in society, is not a problem for women. The fact that the professions echelion's still seem to be dominated by a patrical hegemony, is obviously a problem. But to deny the andro centric (anti man), issue, which is a problem accross the board, and not just for homeless people.
(edited 7 years ago)

In the same job, doing the same work, with the same experience level, men and women are paid the same. There are literally laws in place to enforce this, if you have reason to believe you're being paid less for the same work then you can sue your employer for a lot of money.

The wage gap comes from the fact that if you add up all the earnings of men, its greater than all the earnings of women. This is because many women don't work (family care etc) not less pay for the same work. Gawd.
Original post by DarthRoar
In the same job, doing the same work, with the same experience level, men and women are paid the same. There are literally laws in place to enforce this, if you have reason to believe you're being paid less for the same work then you can sue your employer for a lot of money.

The wage gap comes from the fact that if you add up all the earnings of men, its greater than all the earnings of women. This is because many women don't work (family care etc) not less pay for the same work. Gawd.

Lol this. It is such a simple concept. It is beyond embarrassing that so many intelligent people refuse to grasp such a trivial thing.

Lel. This explains part of the wage gap. By far not all.

Not to mention that the idea is to change exactly what you just said, encourage women to go into traditionally male orientated careers.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Lol this. It is such a simple concept. It is beyond embarrassing that so many intelligent people refuse to grasp such a trivial thing.

Cute as usual.

I wonder if you ever learn to see beyond your prejudices.
Lel. This explains part of the wage gap. By far not all.

Not to mention that the idea is to change exactly what you just said, encourage women to go into traditionally male orientated careers.

The only way to change what careers women go into is to start forcing them. Encouragement is fine and it works for those who have an underlying ambition, but women will always prefer jobs like care and education because its in their nurturing nature.

And I'm interested to know if by "traditionally male orientated careers" you include mining and refuse collection, or just cushy executive jobs.

No, it isn't. Wage gap statistics don't include those who aren't earning wages. The EU calculates its stats in terms of the average hourly wage, while the US calculates it in terms of the average annual earnings of full time year round workers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anarchism101
No, it isn't. Wage gap statistics don't include those who aren't earning wages. The EU calculates its stats in terms of the average hourly wage, while the US calculates it in terms of the average annual earnings of full time year round workers.

Even if that were true, there are other factors.
Women often take a few years off work to have children, then return. Do you expect them to be earning the same when they return as if they'd been working that whole time?
Women choose more feminine, nurturing jobs like nursing, care, and psychology. These happen to pay less than the jobs men choose, and women know this but still choose those jobs anyhow.

As I said, if you take a man and a woman doing the same work, with the same level of experience, they are (on average) paid the same.
The only way to change what careers women go into is to start forcing them. Encouragement is fine and it works for those who have an underlying ambition, but women will always prefer jobs like care and education because its in their nurturing nature.

And I'm interested to know if by "traditionally male orientated careers" you include mining and refuse collection, or just cushy executive jobs.

I see.

And I see, you are scared you will have to compete against women in the future, not just men?
I see.

And I see, you are scared you will have to compete against women in the future, not just men?

Quaking in my felt-lined boots.
Even if that were true, there are other factors.
Women often take a few years off work to have children, then return. Do you expect them to be earning the same when they return as if they'd been working that whole time?

Are you asking what I expect to happen or what I think should happen?

Women choose more feminine, nurturing jobs like nursing, care, and psychology. These happen to pay less than the jobs men choose, and women know this but still choose those jobs anyhow.

Because jobs and income are just a simple matter of choosing a job and then doing it, right? So poor people just choose to do poor people jobs, and if they wanted to be better off they should just choose to be corporate CEOs instead then? It's so simple!
(edited 7 years ago)
Feminism is a load of rubbish, for stupid women who can't take responsibility for their own actions it's just a load of rubbish that persecutes men for things women do.

Feminism could serve a purpose IF it was used to make sensible arguments and had some consistency of a fair positive negative balance on the natural gender differences.

However feminism has become an ANTI-MEN movement for women who already have more than equality but are just sore losers in life.

Relax guys tho we're not all this stupid

When will women realise that destroying men is not helping them as men are part of our families. Men can be our sons brothers dad's husbands etc not just the guy you got drunk and chose to sleep with then somehow it's his fault
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by anarchism101

Because jobs and income are just a simple matter of choosing a job and then doing it, right? So poor people just choose to do poor people jobs, and if they wanted to be better off they should just choose to be corporate CEOs instead then? It's so simple!

Are we talking about feminism or capitalist scum, comrade?

It's funny how the majority of campaigners for more women in higher jobs aren't actually in those higher jobs, and when asked why not reply "I didn't want to".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending