The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Derby 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by talb
Thanks so much!! I loved it at the open day. I meant do student from different departments know each other or does everyone stay within their department? And if you dont mind answering another question, whats freshers week like? Is it easy to get to know people? I plan on living in halls (i reallyyy hope to get fo peak court) and know they have activities but outside them? Sorry for all the questions! Thanks x

I'm also hoping to get a place in peak court!!
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Skyisfalling
I'm also hoping to get a place in peak court!!

Did you apply already? Im afraid i wont get a place cause one my choices only gives an answer in march. Im also afraid i wont get in but thats another story
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by talb
Did you apply already? Im afraid i wont get a place cause one my choices only gives an answer in march

No I haven't applied yet, I'm still waiting for one of my choices to reply. But I may just cancel it if I don't get a response next week.

Really? March? That's a long time you have to wait o:
Reply 23
No I haven't applied yet, I'm still waiting for one of my choices to reply. But I may just cancel it if I don't get a response next week.

Really? March? That's a long time you have to wait o:

I knoww i hope the halls in derby wont be filled up by then cause i dont think ill get an offer from the other one
Original post by calm down
The education lecturers are very knowledgable and work very hard to ensure that if any problems arise they can make time to see you and offer advice. They're very responsive to feedback and emails. It's a great uni for education studies!

As for joint honours ratios I can't help as my course can not be combined with another due to the Qualified Teacher Status it offers. I'm pretty sure it starts 50/50 but then you can shape modules based on preferences so it b comes a 60/40 of your choice.

Thanks! :smile:
Got an offer for Psychology!:bigsmile:
Original post by Jodie_98
Got an offer for Psychology!:bigsmile:

Oooo well done !! C:
Congratulations on your offers! :smile:

I'm halfway through my second year studying Joint honours Biology and Psychology. Everyone here are very friendly and approachable, and the lecturers are fantastic.
There's lots of support available if you ever find yourself struggling with anything, both in your studies and out.
I'm really glad I chose to come here, it's a great place to study.
Reply 28
Just got an offer!
Original post by talb
Just got an offer!

Oh congrats!!!!!
Hey I've got a conditional offer for Early Childhood Studies and also conditional offer for Writing and Publishing both at Derby, but not sure which one i'm going to make my firm offer, are you going to an Applicant Day?
Hi everyone I got an offer for Bachelor sports science degree, I also got invited to the applicant day that I am attending on the 18th Feb. In addition I am attending the open day the week after on the 25th Feb
Reply 32
Original post by Babzgiwa1
Hi everyone I got an offer for Bachelor sports science degree, I also got invited to the applicant day that I am attending on the 18th Feb. In addition I am attending the open day the week after on the 25th Feb

How long after your offer did you get an invite for an applicant day? I havent heard anything about it
About 2 weeks, they will send u a invitation and letter
Reply 34
Original post by Babzgiwa1
About 2 weeks, they will send u a invitation and letter

Okay thanks x
Reply 35
Original post by caitlinj99
Got an offer for psychology undergrad and got accommodation sorted now cathedral court

have you joined the fb group???
Reply 36
I have a confirmed choice to study media production! and am going to live in Sir Peter Hilton, i also havent had a letter about applicants day and its been a few weeks now
Reply 37
Been offered an interview for Media Production, and I was wondering if anyone had been on one and can tell me what it's like and have any tips. Thanks
Yeah I'm like 3/4 hours from Derby, but I'm really wanting to go haha

Hi,

I’m a first year marketing student at Derby.

Don’t worry about being far from home, lots of my friends have travelled all over the country for uni (I’m from Shropshire and they’ve gone to uni in Edinburgh/Brighton) and they’ve had no issues. Sometimes it can help with homesickness to be further away so you’re not wanting to travel home all the time. Also, Derby’s train station is great and you can easily get a bus from halls to the station so getting to and from isn’t an issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Molly
Original post by talb
Thats so great!! Whats student life there like? Is there any connections between campuses? Like the main and the art and the media etc.

Hi, I’m a first year at Derby studying marketing. In my halls we have people from both the main campus and the arts campus. We all get along well and often do things as a flat together. If you’re planning on living in halls, there’s no need to worry about getting to know people. There will always be people coming into halls and you also meet people from a range of courses by living in halls too.

Also, our flat is always clean as we have a cleaner once a week who cleans all the communal areas and our RAs (residential assistants) will help us if something is not working in the flat.

Although I don’t go on nights out much myself, my sister, who is also at Derby, really enjoys the nightlife and there are loads of clubs/bars/restaurants within walking distance of most halls (about a 15-minute walk from Nunnery Court, should be a little bit less from Peak Court).

During freshers there’s loads of different events on, pub quizzes and club nights at the SU bar as well as nights in town so there’s loads to choose from. Freshers is also a good opportunity to join societies and clubs as they all put on events during freshers.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Molly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending