The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jaysinn
Hi! I just got my interview last night for singapore as I'm an international student. It's gonna be on the 28th Feb. My ukcat is 700 and I believe I'm predicted all As for A levels (A is the highest possible grade here and we don't get told our predicted results so I'm only guessing)

Congratulations! I'm an international student myself and im thinking of applying this year to Barts. Would you mind sharing your Gcse or equivalent grades?
Original post by Pradipta
Congratulations! I'm an international student myself and im thinking of applying this year to Barts. Would you mind sharing your Gcse or equivalent grades?

Hahaha tbh my GCSE equivalent grades are pretty bad so... :colondollar:
Hi, does anyone know what the start date for A100 at qmul is?
Original post by k_popper

Think it tells you on ucas track
Original post by k_popper

18th September
Reply 1025
I heard barts does both prosection and dissection. can anyone confirm this for me??? cheers :smile:
Who else has their interview on Tuesday??
Original post by Mimihxx04
Who else has their interview on Tuesday??

That would be me. Around half 3
What are your guys' answers to why Barts?
for people who got interviews, what are your stats? did you have extra a-levels by any chance?
Reply 1030
Original post by sfaraj
for people who got interviews, what are your stats? did you have extra a-levels by any chance?

For me my stats were predicted grades *** and ukcat 723. But im doing an extra a level which i got predicted an A for
Original post by Vomi
For me my stats were predicted grades *** and ukcat 723. But im doing an extra a level which i got predicted an A for

congratulations!!! have you had your interview yet? if not good luck for then! where else did you apply?
Reply 1032
Original post by sfaraj
congratulations!!! have you had your interview yet? if not good luck for then! where else did you apply?

Thanks :smile:. My interviews this thursday at 3:25. I also applied to aberdeen, glasgow and Manchester.
Original post by Vomi
Thanks :smile:. My interviews this thursday at 3:25. I also applied to aberdeen, glasgow and Manchester.

wait so you applied to ukcat only? i mean you got a great ukcat so you wouldnt have had to do bmat

im planning on going to 3/4 of where you applied (newcastle not aberdeen) did you get interviews for the rest?
Reply 1034
Original post by sfaraj
wait so you applied to ukcat only? i mean you got a great ukcat so you wouldnt have had to do bmat

im planning on going to 3/4 of where you applied (newcastle not aberdeen) did you get interviews for the rest?

Yh bmat seemed like too much effort after spending alot of summer doing ukcat 😓😓😓. And yh i did interviews for the other 3. How about you?
Original post by Vomi
Yh bmat seemed like too much effort after spending alot of summer doing ukcat 😓😓😓. And yh i did interviews for the other 3. How about you?

agreed, i dont plan on applying to bmat unis, the bmat is so extra, you have to revise for a-levels then rerevise gcse topics and beyond for bmat- no thanks

how did the other 3 go? i presume they were mmis?

im still in year 12 tank god, only 7 or so months till im applying oh God!

how did you prepare for ukcat? since im only applying to ukcat unis i need to do pretty well in it :frown:
Original post by 11...
I heard barts does both prosection and dissection. can anyone confirm this for me??? cheers :smile:

I've been trying to find out all day lol I think they teach anatomy through the use of models and prosection and if I'm not mistaken you can choose dissection as an SSC. If someone could confirm this it would be great lol
Original post by kayasparkles
I've been trying to find out all day lol I think they teach anatomy through the use of models and prosection and if I'm not mistaken you can choose dissection as an SSC. If someone could confirm this it would be great lol

Correct :smile:

And anyone who wants to choose dissection for their SSC is pretty much guaranteed a place :smile:

If any of you have any other questions about Barts, then let me know! Goodluck guys! :biggrin:
Original post by Clubba
Correct :smile:

And anyone who wants to choose dissection for their SSC is pretty much guaranteed a place :smile:

If any of you have any other questions about Barts, then let me know! Goodluck guys! :biggrin:

Thanks a lot for confirming! Also, it says that you start seeing patients from the start is that within the community or in hospitals? and do you get to choose the hospitals or do they allocate them to students? Thanks so much :smile:
Original post by sfaraj

My UKcat is 703. I've got A*A*AA for 3 sciences and maths, and a B for EPQ, already achieved. Gap year applicant here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending