The Student Room Group

How do I quit my job

I have worked at peacocks two years and it was my first job I had a Christmas temp contract at Tesco who gave me better hours and wage, they have now offered me a permanent post so I am leaving peacocks not sure what to do any advice?
Usually you have to give a month's notice in writing.
Reply 2
For giving them notice in writing what should I write
Reply 3
I have two shifts left in the next two weeks then I would be off on holiday for a month and they already knew I was working at Tesco temporary
Reply 4
What does your contract say about notice period? That will be the length of time you need to tell them and then remain working for.

You need to give notice in writing.
Original post by aft207
I have worked at peacocks two years and it was my first job I had a Christmas temp contract at Tesco who gave me better hours and wage, they have now offered me a permanent post so I am leaving peacocks not sure what to do any advice?

You'd need to give them your notice in writing. Also you'd need to check your contract to see how long you'd need to work your notice for, so it could be a month

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aft207

You need to give your notice in writing- so just write a letter saying you are leaving, giving x amount of notice and your last day will be x date.
Check your contract to see how much notice you need to give, it could be a week, 2 weeks or a month.
As others have said, it doesn't need to be an essay, simply;

To whom is may concern,

I will no longer be able to work here due to finding a new position elsewhere, I can work the required notice up to <insert date>.

Regards,

A. Person
Reply 8
Thanks for the help that's me been In and handed them my notice turns out it was only one week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending