The Student Room Group

Morgan Stanley Step in Step up 2017

Hey everyone! I applied for this program and wondered if anyone received a reply? :smile: I'm still waiting for mine...

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by Lemon Churros
Hey everyone! I applied for this program and wondered if anyone received a reply? :smile: I'm still waiting for mine...

Hi! I recieved an email today saying that I've been offered a place! Did you recieve an email too?
Original post by rockytrolly
Hi! I recieved an email today saying that I've been offered a place! Did you recieve an email too?

Hi - I wasn't offered a place and was pretty disappointed. I have 10 A* and 1A at GCSE and predicted A*A*A*A* in my A levels. I am planning to do maths at uni.
I am not sure why i was rejected - any ideas? I don't have any work experience or
relevant extra curriculars though (although i do have some good ones, just not related).
any thoughts much appreciated!
Your cover letter should have relevant work experience or related activities and show that you're really enthusiastic about the sector. Hope that helps! There are other insight days too, have you looked at them? :smile:
Original post by aprilisconfused
Your cover letter should have relevant work experience or related activities and show that you're really enthusiastic about the sector. Hope that helps! There are other insight days too, have you looked at them? :smile:

can you give me an indication of the sort of things you have done which supported
your application? Thanks
Original post by goodadvice12
can you give me an indication of the sort of things you have done which supported
your application? Thanks

E.g work experience at banks etc. Competitions, other programmes related to banking or economics/ finance etc. And I wrote about all my transferable skills.
Such a shame that you didn't get a place, some things that might help you to get a place later in the year, on the next program, might include: relevant work experience - I have done some at one of the big four and a large Bank, keep looking out for similar opportunities, your first lot of experience is always the hardest; also, focus your extra curricular activities on your career, e.g. reading related material such as the economist, work experience at a local firm etc. Hope this helps.

Me too! Where are you from?
Original post by goodadvice12
Hi - I wasn't offered a place and was pretty disappointed. I have 10 A* and 1A at GCSE and predicted A*A*A*A* in my A levels. I am planning to do maths at uni.
I am not sure why i was rejected - any ideas? I don't have any work experience or
relevant extra curriculars though (although i do have some good ones, just not related).
any thoughts much appreciated!

Don't be disappointed! I am pretty surprised that you weren't offered a place but honestly there will be so many more opportunities out there so don't let it get to you! Like someone else said, it may be do to with your cover letter; did you mention Morgan Stanley as a company and how you think you'd fit in the environment and what you can bring to the 'job' in your cover letter? I did and it just adds that personal touch to it!
Original post by futurematters
Me too! Where are you from?

Hi! I'm from Reading so not that far from London. How about you? I still haven't responded to the email yet, what are you putting down as your interesting fact? ;')
Don't be disappointed! I am pretty surprised that you weren't offered a place but honestly there will be so many more opportunities out there so don't let it get to you! Like someone else said, it may be do to with your cover letter; did you mention Morgan Stanley as a company and how you think you'd fit in the environment and what you can bring to the 'job' in your cover letter? I did and it just adds that personal touch to it!

Yes i did include that kind of stuff in my letter but I think I am lacking relevant experience. Will just have to keep trying but thanks for the supportive comments.
Wasn't accepted either
For everyone who is accepted - are you in year 13? I'm thinking of reapplying next year....also once you've completed the program can you tell me how it went/if it is worth it? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Lemon Churros
For everyone who is accepted - are you in year 13? I'm thinking of reapplying next year....also once you've completed the program can you tell me how it went/if it is worth it? Thanks! :smile:

I'm in year 12 and was accepted on the programme but yes definitely! :smile:
I'm in year 12 and was accepted on the programme but yes definitely! :smile:

Hey I'm doing the work experience next week and was wondering if anyone else is or has done it before? If so, what's it like? I'm really nervous as I've been sent a long list of words I need to learn. Also should I wear heels or flats?
Reply 16
Hi there,

Could someone please tell me if Morgan Stanley offer reimbursements for travelling and accommodation costs for the Step in Step up prgramme?

Thanks
Original post by haraf
Hi there,

Could someone please tell me if Morgan Stanley offer reimbursements for travelling and accommodation costs for the Step in Step up prgramme?

Thanks

Yeeah they do, up to £50.
Reply 18
Yeeah they do, up to £50.

Thanks

Hey! I know you have probably already done your placement at Morgan Stanley, but I applied a few weeks ago and was just wondering how long it took you to get your response. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending