The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ___Sophie___
Ah, so you would link to basking shark yeah? Was hoping I could avoid basking shark lol

My class haven't done basking shark yet :tongue:

I done sounds of the day and linked it to Aunt Julia + Memorial. Don't think I've done too well on it, was hoping for loss to come up :/
Original post by A+Hunter
My class haven't done basking shark yet :tongue:

I done sounds of the day and linked it to Aunt Julia + Memorial. Don't think I've done too well on it, was hoping for loss to come up :/

I can see how Aunt Julia would work, memorial might not link as good but maybe. If you had done basking shark it would have worked well cause it's about like the natural world and evolution etc. Maybe Assisi too...
Don't worry though I'm sure you've done your best. Pretty unfair though how they give you a Scottish text prelim when you haven't done all the poems yet. Our school had that problem last year so did some of the prelim in January and the rest in March...
I can see how Aunt Julia would work, memorial might not link as good but maybe. If you had done basking shark it would have worked well cause it's about like the natural world and evolution etc. Maybe Assisi too...
Don't worry though I'm sure you've done your best. Pretty unfair though how they give you a Scottish text prelim when you haven't done all the poems yet. Our school had that problem last year so did some of the prelim in January and the rest in March...

Yeah I'll be honest other than for Aunt Julia I was just desperately trying to get some examples in.

I talked about touch in memorial and used the word choice of clasp. I think I also commented on sight and wrote wrote something about the city square/lurking mountain thing and linked it to how it shows the inescapable nature of loss.

Oh well lol. The questions themselves were okay I guess.
Yeah I'll be honest other than for Aunt Julia I was just desperately trying to get some examples in.

I talked about touch in memorial and used the word choice of clasp. I think I also commented on sight and wrote wrote something about the city square/lurking mountain thing and linked it to how it shows the inescapable nature of loss.

Yeah that might have worked too idk. Best of luck with getting your result anyway :smile:
Yeah that might have worked too idk. Best of luck with getting your result anyway :smile:

Hi, do you happen to know the 10 mark q for Norman maccaig or the essay prose fiction questions?
Original post by Bandoreee
Hi, do you happen to know the 10 mark q for Norman maccaig or the essay prose fiction questions?

The 10 marker is about observation, what A+Hunter said already. Don't know about prose, can check for you if your prelim is after Thursday cause that's when mine is.
The 10 marker is about observation, what A+Hunter said already. Don't know about prose, can check for you if your prelim is after Thursday cause that's when mine is.

Its tomorrow but thanks a lot anyway.
Reply 47
Original post by swegwerd1
anyone know any clues to set text for Carol Ann Duffy or Close reading
and Is anyone 100% for a conflict q in drama

Havisham. The 10 marker is about character (I can't remember exactly what it was)

And the close reading is pretty straight forward, its about "The Parthenon Sculptures" that are in a British museum, one text agrees with sending them back to Greece and the other doesn't. The 5 marker at the end was 2 areas they agree on and 1 they disagree on (or the other way around I can't remember)

In drama there is a question about isolation of a character and how it helps your understanding of the play. I can't remember if there was a conflict question but I vaguely remember seeing one.

Hope this helps a little
Reply 48
Original post by viperdzn

Havisham. The 10 marker is about character (I can't remember exactly what it was)

And the close reading is pretty straight forward, its about "The Parthenon Sculptures" that are in a British museum, one text agrees with sending them back to Greece and the other doesn't. The 5 marker at the end was 2 areas they agree on and 1 they disagree on (or the other way around I can't remember)

In drama there is a question about isolation of a character and how it helps your understanding of the play. I can't remember if there was a conflict question but I vaguely remember seeing one.

Hope this helps a little

Any idea what poem came up for LizLochhead and was the drama also key scene?
Reply 49
Any word on what the 10 mark question is for the Cone Gatherers in the Scottish Text?
Reply 50
Original post by James26488
Any idea what poem came up for LizLochhead and was the drama also key scene?

Sorry, I have no idea. The question was something like a scene that had an impact on you

Hi, do you remember the first questions on sounds of the day?
Hi, do you remember the first questions on sounds of the day?

Hi :smile:

Yes. You had to pick at least 2 examples from paragraph 1 to show a climax in lines 10-12.
Hi :smile:

Yes. You had to pick at least 2 examples from paragraph 1 to show a climax in lines 10-12.

Thanks, have it tomorrow, did you mention about black drums rolled.
Thanks, have it tomorrow, did you mention about black drums rolled.

No :frown: In the heat of the moment I didn't mention it however definitely mention that.

I commented on the word choice of "black" and the contrast of sounds. I only done 2 examples cause I wanted to try and finish it quickly to get it out the way so I could of focused on my essay. I was planning on going back after I done my essay, but I was struggling for time and only just got my essay finished.

But yeah definitely mention that.
No :frown: In the heat of the moment I didn't mention it however definitely mention that.

I commented on the word choice of "black" and the contrast of sounds. I only done 2 examples cause I wanted to try and finish it quickly to get it out the way so I could of focused on my essay. I was planning on going back after I done my essay, but I was struggling for time and only just got my essay finished.

But yeah definitely mention that.

Thanks again, and was your essay on prose fiction by any chance?
Thanks again, and was your essay on prose fiction by any chance?

Nope. I'm not 100% sure but I think a question for prose fiction was key incident. Not entirely sure though.
Original post by Frank$
Any word on what the 10 mark question is for the Cone Gatherers in the Scottish Text?

It's on Contrast. I'm also studying the Cone Gatherers and sat the P and N prelim last week.
Reply 58
Original post by leoq8
Positive. I sat P & N on Monday and the poem for MacCaig at Higher was Aunt Julia. Maybe it was a different paper to others idk?

Not too sure why it would be different from the rest. However, most people in my school have not learned Aunt Julia yet so it's definitely not going to be it.
Reply 59
Original post by leoq8
Nah, my close reading was on John Lennon. You guys must've had a different paper to us

Your school gave you the 2014/2015 P&N prelim. I did it in class today. It's quite easy tbh. I have the answers if you want to see.

Latest

Trending

Trending