The Student Room Group

Vodafone Grad Scheme 2017

Has anyone applied for 2017 Vodafone Grad scheme. I have applied and done with Video interview but still waiting

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Silvercloud007
Has anyone applied for 2017 Vodafone Grad scheme. I have applied and done with Video interview but still waiting

Hi there. Yes, I applied to the finance graduate programme 2017 and attended the assessment centre.
Reply 2
How long did it take for them to call you after your video interview for the assessment centre
Reply 3
I got my video interview done on 26 Dec still haven't had any update from them yet
Reply 4
How long did it take for them to call you after your video interview for the assessment centre

Got an email about 2 weeks later saying that I passed the vid interview and that I would receive an official invite to the assessment centre soon
(edited 7 years ago)

Where is this scheme based?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by gingerwizard
Where is this scheme based?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not confirmed yet but most probably London (Paddington) rather than Newbury.
Original post by almbou
Not confirmed yet but most probably London (Paddington) rather than Newbury.

Really I was told it wouldbe Newbury by HR otherwise i would of applied if it was Ldn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Really I was told it wouldbe Newbury by HR otherwise i would of applied if it was Ldn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We were told it's highly likely we'd be based in London and they explained how the finance interns were based there too during their placements.
Original post by almbou
We were told it's highly likely we'd be based in London and they explained how the finance interns were based there too during their placements.

They've said that to keep people interested. It's in Newbury.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
They've said that to keep people interested. It's in Newbury.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend who is on the grad scheme at Vodafone says everyone in finance is based on the 5th floor in the Paddington office.
Original post by almbou
Hi there. Yes, I applied to the finance graduate programme 2017 and attended the assessment centre.

So do you have an offer if you attended the AC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
So do you have an offer if you attended the AC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes
Original post by almbou
Yes

Do you know if they still have any spaces left as i just got invited to a video interview.
Reply 14
Do you know if they still have any spaces left as i just got invited to a video interview.

Yeah I definitely recommend doing the video interview, they hold assessment centres up until March time/until they have selected the right candidates they want. The fact that they sent you a video interview invite shows they are still looking for people.
Original post by almbou

Hey there, how did you find the assessment centre? What was the presentation and interview like? :smile:
Reply 16
Please share your experience mine is due soon
Same here and I would love to know what to expect!
Reply 18
Please share your experience mine is due soon

Hi guys sorry for the late reply.

So i'll tell you about my experience for the finance graduate scheme assessment centre in London I had this early this month. I was invited via email and had to choose whether I wanted to attend the morning or afternoon session. I decided to choose the morning because you want to be the first to shine haha. So onto the actual assessment centre day - it was to last from 8.30am to 12.30pm, however we didn't really start until 9.00am and we finished early. Until 9am, all the candidates (about 18 of us) were gathered in the seating area just chatting and getting to know each other. Chatting to everyone definitely helped calm my nerves. A current grad later came to join us for a quick chat and to answer any questions.

At 9 we had our photos taken and given name badges, then we were taken to a large meeting room for a company presentation. I highly suggest using this company presentation to your advantage by remembering additional key points about Vodafone such as its values and charitable work - you can use this information to help you in the tasks and make you look even more knowledgable about the company. After the company presentation we were split into 3 groups of about 5/6 for the assessment tasks. I was put into a group of 5 for my first task which was the group exercise.

The group exercise was one of the least stressful that I have experienced. For the task we had to discuss a new business idea Vodafone could venture into, discussing 5 main points that were given. The task takes 45mins, 20mins to read the relevant material alone which included graphs, tables and articles, 20 mins to discuss as a team and share your ideas, then 5 mins to present (as a team you have to decide who will present). I have some important advice here. For this task you must speak up and give your opinion, do not stay quiet and barely contribute, I can't stress this enough. Share your ideas in a confident and convincing manner, making sure you regularly contribute. However, do not interrupt others or dismiss someone's ideas, listen to everyone and respect their ideas, you do not want to come across as overbearing. After the discussion you must nominate someone to present. In my case, everyone wanted to present which is understandable. However it got to the point where we were taking too long to decide who to pick. At this point, instead of just nominating myself to present, I kindly asked one of the candidates if he wanted to go ahead and present seeing that he was keen, to which he agreed. I personally think this played to my advantage as it showed I was willing to let someone else present, even though I wanted to myself. The chosen person then stands up and presents the group's ideas to the assessors and gives our overall decision.

The next task was the individual presentation where you are put in a room with your team again and each given material to read for the presentation. For this you had to present a sort of business idea you think Vodafone should invest in and explain why. Again, you had to cover the 5-6 discussion points given to you. You get about 25 mins to read the materials and write up notes. After this you are taken to a seating area to present your ideas to an assessor. Although this sounds a little scary (believe me I was very nervous about this particular task) it wasn't that bad! You sit down opposite the assessor and have 10mins to give your case and present your ideas. Again, just make sure you are confident and present your ideas clearly. Use information in the materials to support your case and tie in the Vodafone brand and culture to your points. After 10mins the assessor asks you around 6 follow up questions about your ideas and conclusions. To me, the presentation seemed more like a formal conversation which made it less daunting, especially as I didn't have to stand up or use a whiteboard.

After this is the interview, which I was nervous about too. Luckily I had my interview with a lady from HR so I wasn't asked any specific finance-y questions. However even if you do get someone from finance they might just stick to asking the 5 questions. She introduced herself then asked me to introduce myself, then she went on to ask me 5 standard competency questions to do with team work, creativity, innovation, customer service and problem solving. I think she also asked me why I believe Vodafone should choose me (along those lines). After answering a competency question the interviewer may ask you follow up questions if they are not sure you have completely answered the question or want some more detail. This happened to me a couple times so its nothing to worry about. I would suggest using the STAR method when answering each question so your answers are clear and structured. The interview was actually quite short and lasted about 25 mins.

After the interview you and your group are given a quick online tour of the Newbury office and have the oppurtunity to ask any more questions. Then thats it! We were told we would get a call on Monday to tell us if we were successful, which thank God I was. All in all don't let your nerves hinder your confidence. Let your personality shine, contribute interesting and creative ideas and show a passion for Vodafone and its culture!

Sorry for the long post but I hope this will help. Let me know if you have any more questions. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by almbou
Hi guys sorry for the late reply.

So i'll tell you about my experience for the finance graduate scheme assessment centre in London I had this early this month. I was invited via email and had to choose whether I wanted to attend the morning or afternoon session. I decided to choose the morning because you want to be the first to shine haha. So onto the actual assessment centre day - it was to last from 8.30am to 12.30pm, however we didn't really start until 9.00am and we finished early. Until 9am, all the candidates (about 18 of us) were gathered in the seating area just chatting and getting to know each other. Chatting to everyone definitely helped calm my nerves. A current grad later came to join us for a quick chat and to answer any questions.

At 9 we had our photos taken and given name badges, then we were taken to a large meeting room for a company presentation. I highly suggest using this company presentation to your advantage by remembering additional key points about Vodafone such as its values and charitable work - you can use this information to help you in the tasks and make you look even more knowledgable about the company. After the company presentation we were split into 3 groups of about 5/6 for the assessment tasks. I was put into a group of 5 for my first task which was the group exercise.

The group exercise was one of the least stressful that I have experienced. For the task we had to discuss a new business idea Vodafone could venture into, discussing 5 main points that were given. The task takes 45mins, 20mins to read the relevant material alone which included graphs, tables and articles, 20 mins to discuss as a team and share your ideas, then 5 mins to present (as a team you have to decide who will present). I have some important advice here. For this task you must speak up and give your opinion, do not stay quiet and barely contribute, I can't stress this enough. Share your ideas in a confident and convincing manner, making sure you regularly contribute. However, do not interrupt others or dismiss someone's ideas, listen to everyone and respect their ideas, you do not want to come across as overbearing. After the discussion you must nominate someone to present. In my case, everyone wanted to present which is understandable. However it got to the point where we were taking too long to decide who to pick. At this point, instead of just nominating myself to present, I kindly asked one of the candidates if he wanted to go ahead and present seeing that he was keen, to which he agreed. I personally think this played to my advantage as it showed I was willing to let someone else present, even though I wanted to myself. The chosen person then stands up and presents our ideas to the assessors and gives our overall decision.

The next task was the individual presentation where you were put in a room with your team again and each given material to read for the presentation. For this you had to present a sort of business idea you think Vodafone should invest in and explain why. Again, you had to cover the 5-6 discussion points given to you. You get about 25 mins to read the materials and write up notes. After this you are taken to a seating area to present your ideas to an assessor. Although this sounds a little scary (believe me I was very nervous about this particular task) it wasn't that bad! You sit down opposite the assessor and have 10mins to give your case and present your ideas. Again, just make sure you are confident and present your ideas clearly. Use information in the materials to support your case and tie in the Vodafone brand and culture into your points. After 10mins the assessor asks you about 6 follow up questions about your ideas and conclusions. To me, the presentation seemed more like a formal conversation which made it less daunting, especially as I didn't have to stand up or use a whiteboard.

After this is the interview, which I was nervous about too. Luckily I had my interview with a lady from HR so I wasn't asked any specific finance-y questions. However even if you do get someone from finance they might just stick to asking the 5 questions. She introduced herself then asked me to introduce myself, then she went on to ask me 5 standard competency questions to do with team work, creativity, innovation, customer service and problem solving. I think she also asked me why I believe Vodafone should choose me (along those lines). After answering each competency question the interviewer may ask you follow up questions if they are not sure you have completely answered the question or want some more detail. This happened to me a couple times so its nothing to worry about. I would suggest using the STAR method when answering each question so your answers are clear and structured. The interview was actually quite short and lasted about 25 mins.

After the interview you and your group are given a quick online tour of the Newbury office and have the oppurtunity to ask any more questions. Then thats it! We were told we would get a call on Monday to tell us if we were successful, which thank God I did. All in all don't let your nerves hinder your confidence. Let your personality shine, contribute interesting and creative ideas and show a passion for Vodafone and its culture!

Sorry for the long post but I hope this will help. Let me know if you have any more questions. :smile:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is really appreciated! Although I don't know about anyone else but my AC is in the Newbury Head Office and it's a full day one....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending