The Student Room Group

What fundamental woman's rights is Trump threatening?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by לזייןהאיסלאם
Well, evidently he is allowed to make these comments.

Yep he is allowed. And women are also allowed to go out and protest

Unfortunately for you it works both ways. You can't say he is allowed but then try and shut down protests. That's fascist and hypocritical.
Original post by knightchildish
Yes, and Pence is also in a position of power.

Trump may be liberal but his attitudes towards women is undoubtedly disgusting.

I just don't get why more people aren't directing their criticisms towards Pence rather than Trump. I feel like there is a degree of ignorance to it.
Despite what he said, he was still elected, by millions of woman too - what does that say about those millions of woman who elected him when there was even a woman alternative...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ANiceSomething_
Despite what he said, he was still elected, by millions of woman too - what does that say about those millions of woman who elected him when there was even a woman alternative...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says that Hillary Clinton was one of the worst candidates ever.
Their right to have abortions on demand

Some of these womens vaginas must be like a haunted house
I just don't get why more people aren't directing their criticisms towards Pence rather than Trump. I feel like there is a degree of ignorance to it.

Yeah I agree with you there. But regardless Trump does have more power hence he is the real threat.
During the protests I saw a lot of placards which said "Women just want to have fundamental human rights". Which fundamental human rights is Trump threatening?

arent they trying to protect planned parenthood?

which trump wants to get rid of?
None of them. Women have more rights than men these days, he's being nothing but easy on them in my opinion.
Original post by Len Goodman
None of them. Women have more rights than men these days, he's being nothing but easy on them in my opinion.

what rights do women have more than men?

why can't we free the nipple for once
He does support planned parenthood
Err, source?

He has given many contradictory opinions on this. In 2015 he said "Planned Parenthood should absolutely be defunded. I mean if you look at what's going on with that, it's terrible" and confirmed this several times.

In as recently as March 2016 he said that there should be "some form of punishment" for abortions.

Also reports that will be defunding planned parenthood very soon.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/20/report-trump-will-sign-executive-order-to-defund-international-planned-parenthood-this-weekend/

He has, in contrast, been very clear that with the Supreme Court he intends to nominate "pro-life" justices, and that the issue of abortion should be sent "back to the states" (but that equal marriage shouldn't because "it was already settled" ) .
Original post by potassiumnitrate
arent they trying to protect planned parenthood?

which trump wants to get rid of?

Trump doesn't want to get rid of planned parenthood. Trump has said that it has done "wonderful things" for women. His more anti-abortion stances seem to have come about quite recently, perhaps to appease republican voters.

Trump is going to ban foreign aid from going to nongovernental organisations that offer abortions. This is really bad, but it pretty standard Republican behaviour, and nothing close to Pence, Rubio, or Cruz's wishes to outright ban abortion.
Original post by Palmyra
Err, source?

He has given many contradictory opinions on this. In 2015 he said "Planned Parenthood should absolutely be defunded. I mean if you look at what's going on with that, it's terrible" and confirmed this several times.

In as recently as March 2016 he said that there should be "some form of punishment" for abortions.

Also reports that will be defunding planned parenthood very soon.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/20/report-trump-will-sign-executive-order-to-defund-international-planned-parenthood-this-weekend/

He has, in contrast, been very clear that with the Supreme Court he intends to nominate "pro-life" justices, and that the issue of abortion should be sent "back to the states" (but that equal marriage shouldn't because "it was already settled" ) .

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Donald_Trump_Abortion.htm

He certainly seems far less adamantly against abortion than his republican peers, and he does praise planned parenthood.
Its mentioned on another thread, but the hypocrisy of the woman currently protesting/whining about Trump is breathtaking!

A female rape victim can be punished for adultery in many Islamic shitholes, when was the last time you saw the wretched feminazis protesting that?

Never is the answer.

Quite unbelievable.
http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Donald_Trump_Abortion.htm

He certainly seems far less adamantly against abortion than his republican peers, and he does praise planned parenthood.

He says many contradictory things about abortion/planned parenthood, which was my point.

Even in your source he says "millions of women are helped by planned parenthood", but in the prior sentence says "but I would defund it, because I'm pro-life".
Reply 34
The march became more than just protesting Trump because of his misogynistic words/actions. People were protesting everything else that they deem unacceptable in terms of how he plans to run the country. This includes his stance on climate change, the wall, LGBT rights (this one is more about Pence).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by joe cooley
Its mentioned on another thread, but the hypocrisy of the woman currently protesting/whining about Trump is breathtaking!

A female rape victim can be punished for adultery in many Islamic shitholes, when was the last time you saw the wretched feminazis protesting that?

Never is the answer.

Quite unbelievable.

When was the last time you looked? That Pakistani girl Malala something received the Nobel prize for her fight for women in the Islamic world. The reason there is just little noise coming from feminists in the Islamic world could perhaps be explained by the fact that people are still fighting for their HUMAN rights. And also The Womens March did have protest in the Islamic world as well.
Original post by ANiceSomething_

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says they didn't want to give their vote to venal rancid hypocrite who supported her rapist husband and laughed while telling of how she helped to free a child rapist.

It also says that the lefts reliance on identity politics is long passed its sell by date.
I think this can only be a good thing in terms of it sending a clear signal to the Trump administration that the American public is ready to mobilise and protest against some of his more extreme proposals.

If it serves to moderate Trump's pick for the Supreme Court, for instance, then it will have been worth it. Obama was woeful at utilising the general public's support for many of his policies (e.g. 90% supported gun control reform at one point), but now it looks like people are not going to sit back and accept whatever the Republicans throw at them.
Original post by Palmyra
He says many contradictory things about abortion/planned parenthood, which was my point.

Even in your source he says "millions of women are helped by planned parenthood", but in the prior sentence says "but I would defund it, because I'm pro-life".

Yeh and he used to be pro-choice. I don't really think he cares that much, he's just trying to please his republican supporters. Which is bad... but I generally feel like people see Trump as the worst possible candidate for women, when previous republican presidents, and his contemporary party members, are generally far worse. I don't think there is anything particularly new or radical about Trump's political ideas about women. Yet the protesters seem to solely direct their spite towards Trump, when really it should just be towards the Republican party in general. I feel like if Cruz or Ben Carson had become president there would be much less protesting (there was certainly far more protesting towards Trump than anyone else during the campaign), yet they are far, far worse. They believe that abortion should be banned even for women who have been raped. That is on a whole other level to Trump.
I have great respect for women. Tremendous respect. Believe me. I love my wife. I love my daughter (only Ivanka). They are great women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending