The Student Room Group

Train ticket help

Tomorrow, I have an orthodontist appointment so I need to head down to London. Normally I get an off-peak open return ticket from Hythe to Enfield Chase and one of the stations I change at is Stratford London.

On my way back, after my appointment, I want to leave Stratford station and go buy food at Westfield but I'm worried that if I leave the station, I won't be able to get back in with my ticket because my ticket isn't for Stratford. I think that if I leave Stratford, I'll need to buy another ticket going from there back to Hythe. Am I right about this? I don't take the train that much so I don't know. Anyone with knowledge about this, please help.
Original post by undine_monty
Tomorrow, I have an orthodontist appointment so I need to head down to London. Normally I get an off-peak open return ticket from Hythe to Enfield Chase and one of the stations I change at is Stratford London.

On my way back, after my appointment, I want to leave Stratford station and go buy food at Westfield but I'm worried that if I leave the station, I won't be able to get back in with my ticket because my ticket isn't for Stratford. I think that if I leave Stratford, I'll need to buy another ticket going from there back to Hythe. Am I right about this? I don't take the train that much so I don't know. Anyone with knowledge about this, please help.

Just ask the ticket man to let you out and back in...
Original post by hezzlington
Just ask the ticket man to let you out and back in...

It's that easy? Even if my ticket doesn't say Stratford?
Original post by undine_monty
It's that easy? Even if my ticket doesn't say Stratford?

They won't care. It will be fine :smile:
To be certain, you could look on the rail company's (or National Rail) website and check the terms and conditions for the type of ticket that you have. Some do allow a break of journey at an intermediate station, some may not. If the journey involves a change from overground rail to the tube at Stratford, then you should be okay, but do check. You may be able to break the journey but then have to buy a single ticket for the rest of your journey across London.
Original post by Isinglass
To be certain, you could look on the rail company's (or National Rail) website and check the terms and conditions for the type of ticket that you have. Some do allow a break of journey at an intermediate station, some may not. If the journey involves a change from overground rail to the tube at Stratford, then you should be okay, but do check. You may be able to break the journey but then have to buy a single ticket for the rest of your journey across London.

Oh, I already did that. I went on the train line website and it said that and I could stop between stations but I'm not gonna go to Westfield anymore. Thanks for the advice anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending