The Student Room Group

Anyone studying ITM at Maastricht University?

So I'm applying to the ITM for 17/18 and I can't seem to find any information on the selection day. So could anyone tell me what you would be tested on that day please?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same!! :smile:
Reply 2
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
I applied like two days before the deadline and u? I don't think they'll tell us how many applicants there are tbh. I'm from China but studying in Ireland. You?
Reply 4
Original post by wrb05
I applied like two days before the deadline and u? I don't think they'll tell us how many applicants there are tbh. I'm from China but studying in Ireland. You?

I applied back in December. Maybe we'll find out ourselves when we go to the selection day. I'm from the UK. Maybe you have an advantage because they are looking for someone with international experience e.g. having lived in China for years.
Reply 5
I still haven't got a response back from Maastricht yet tho. Do u have any idea what might be tested on that day?
Reply 6
Original post by wrb05
I still haven't got a response back from Maastricht yet tho. Do u have any idea what might be tested on that day?

We haven't been told yet. They might outline the tests closer to the selection day. But I heard it's something you can't prepare for. Did you also apply to other EU countries for Medicine?
Reply 7
Original post by Cerceus
We haven't been told yet. They might outline the tests closer to the selection day. But I heard it's something you can't prepare for. Did you also apply to other EU countries for Medicine?

I am thinking about Milan or Pavia. Also Germany, u?
Reply 8
Original post by wrb05
I am thinking about Milan or Pavia. Also Germany, u?

I will be applying to Pavia. Are there any of English-taught German medical schools? If so which ones?
Reply 9
Original post by Cerceus
I will be applying to Pavia. Are there any of English-taught German medical schools? If so which ones?

I think the competition for italian med schools are quite fierce for the test you have to be to 15% if you wanna apply to milan thats what i heard. And german ones are all taught in german but i am learning german and i can speak it so it wouldnt be such a big problem
Reply 10
Original post by wrb05
I think the competition for italian med schools are quite fierce for the test you have to be to 15% if you wanna apply to milan thats what i heard. And german ones are all taught in german but i am learning german and i can speak it so it wouldnt be such a big problem

Yeah, that's what I heard too because Milan is the most popular choice. You're lucky you can speak German - plenty of options to choose from if you're applying there.
Reply 11
Original post by Cerceus
Yeah, that's what I heard too because Milan is the most popular choice. You're lucky you can speak German - plenty of options to choose from if you're applying there.

yeah it is and the second one is Pavia, so u uploaded ur portfolio way back and when did they tell you that you are invited to the selection day? How long did it take?
Reply 12
Original post by wrb05
yeah it is and the second one is Pavia, so u uploaded ur portfolio way back and when did they tell you that you are invited to the selection day? How long did it take?

I submitted my portfolio second week of December then heard back on the 19th January, so I'd say 1 month for mine. But 3rd February is in two weeks...
Reply 13
Original post by Cerceus
I submitted my portfolio second week of December then heard back on the 19th January, so I'd say 1 month for mine. But 3rd February is in two weeks...

I hope they'll get back to me asap coz i would need a visa to travel to the netherlands if i were to be invited
Reply 14
Original post by wrb05
I hope they'll get back to me asap coz i would need a visa to travel to the netherlands if i were to be invited

How long does applying for visa take?
Reply 15
Original post by Cerceus
How long does applying for visa take?

From the embassy they say it can take up to 14 days or so
Reply 16
Hey guys, I am also waiting on a reply to see if I am invited to the selection day, my portfolio is being assessed.
Reply 17
Original post by Riverz
Hey guys, I am also waiting on a reply to see if I am invited to the selection day, my portfolio is being assessed.

Hey where are you from
Reply 18
Original post by wrb05
Hey where are you from

I am Irish but living in Saudi Arabia.
Reply 19
I just got invited to the selection day but not sure which one of them i will be attending due to the problem with the visa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending