The Student Room Group

warwick, bath or KCL for business management?

Hi Guys!

I'm an international student who's currently studying for the french baccalaureate. I received offers from warwick, bath and kcl for business management and am wondering which one is better, especially if I want to pursue my studies at a top business school like LBS or HEC Paris? :smile:
Warwick is probably slightly more prestigious but not so much that it will improve your chances of getting a good job or getting into a top business school. Go where you will be most happy, enjoying the course is the most important thing.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
Warwick is probably slightly more prestigious but not so much that it will improve your chances of getting a good job or getting into a top business school. Go where you will be most happy, enjoying the course is the most important thing.

Thank you for your answer, I was also wondering if I could do a masters in finance after the bsc management at WBS ( a lot of optional modules ) ?
Reply 3
I think Bath is your best bet, by far one of the strongest business courses in the world, especially for undergrad.
Reply 4
Out of the three, Kings has the best international reputation so is more regognised by foreign employers. While all three of these unis are good, Bath has the highest rated business course.
Original post by manhastam
Hi Guys!

I'm an international student who's currently studying for the french baccalaureate. I received offers from warwick, bath and kcl for business management and am wondering which one is better, especially if I want to pursue my studies at a top business school like LBS or HEC Paris? :smile:

Hi,

I am a second year International Management student here at the University of Bath, we work very closely with the Management students. Firstly, do check out my thread here where I have answered other students questions and written a 'commentary' of my two years here.

In terms of post-graduate study, it is not an area that I am an expert in, however in my opinion all of the universities that you have listen have strong enough reputations. I am also considering post-graduate studies, and my view has always been that a strong grade from a good university, combined with quality experience should produce a successful application.

Experience is one area that I think Bath certainly offers above and beyond other universities, we have a placement team who are specific to the courses. This helps you to find a good placement, which will strengthen your applications and develop your career prospects for sure. Do question how much support other universities are offering. In terms of international reputation that I see mentioned, not only does Bath have a good reputation already, but we have an International Management officer who flies to different countries to meet with international businesses and promote Bath students at careers events. I feel that this is really going the extra mile for us, and it has allowed me to get in touch with employers specific to my (more unique) career preferences. As a Management student, your placement support will be UK focused however it is good to see a proactive approach to building a reputation, which could support any applications you make in the future.

Do also check out online what it is like to live in Bath, it is an amazing city to live in. This article might be a good place to start!

I hope that this helps, if you have any more specific questions do drop me a message on my thread. I understand that you may struggle to attend offer holder days, so I will do my best to support you in your decision where possible.

Hayden

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending