The Student Room Group

Anyone else behind on GCSE Art Coursework?

I'm behind and I honestly think I'm gonna fail I have quality but not quantity, anyone else in the same boat or who was in the same boat but managed to get a decent grade, or someone who failed?
Reply 1
Original post by Popsiclez
I'm behind and I honestly think I'm gonna fail I have quality but not quantity, anyone else in the same boat or who was in the same boat but managed to get a decent grade, or someone who failed?

I'm in the same boat! :s-smilie: I've just started my art exam project but i haven't finished all my coursework, which has to be in for the end of this half term and on top of that, i need to revise for my other subjects cause i have mocks in like 2-3 weeks :frown: :eek:
Reply 2
Original post by sara_s01
I'm in the same boat! :s-smilie: I've just started my art exam project but i haven't finished all my coursework, which has to be in for the end of this half term and on top of that, i need to revise for my other subjects cause i have mocks in like 2-3 weeks :frown: :eek:

Oh my God Thank lord! Same here! Except were getting our exam project at the start of February (I''m on Edexcel) and I need to revise for my Feb mocks too D: If only art wasn't so Quantity intensive. My hope is actually starting to fade away.
Reply 3
Oh my God Thank lord! Same here! Except were getting our exam project at the start of February (I''m on Edexcel) and I need to revise for my Feb mocks too D: If only art wasn't so Quantity intensive. My hope is actually starting to fade away.

Don't worry, we'll get through this - exams will be over by the time we know it. My exam board is AQA for art and I've chosen detail as my starting point. I hope I get a decent grade :frown::redface: Try to manage your time effectively so that you can balance between coursework and revising for mocks and i know that, it is much easier said than done :colondollar::s-smilie:
Reply 4
Don't worry, we'll get through this - exams will be over by the time we know it. My exam board is AQA for art and I've chosen detail as my starting point. I hope I get a decent grade :frown::redface: Try to manage your time effectively so that you can balance between coursework and revising for mocks and i know that, it is much easier said than done :colondollar::s-smilie:

Alright how does the coursework go for AQA?
Reply 5
Alright how does the coursework go for AQA?

Well, for AQA, I think you have to do a minimum of two projects, so our teacher set us to do work on African Art and Sea life. What's Edexcel like?
Reply 6
Well, for AQA, I think you have to do a minimum of two projects, so our teacher set us to do work on African Art and Sea life. What's Edexcel like?

Edexcel is simillar you have three sketchbook for three different topics, so we have Natural Forms, Distortion and Identity, although (Not Sure if three is the minnimum). And basically you fill those up, along with Classwork of course and thats like 60% of the grade the remaining 40% is the exams.
Reply 7
Edexcel is simillar you have three sketchbook for three different topics, so we have Natural Forms, Distortion and Identity, although (Not Sure if three is the minnimum). And basically you fill those up, along with Classwork of course and thats like 60% of the grade the remaining 40% is the exams.

Oh right, our weightings are the same as well - 60% coursework and 40% exam
Reply 8
Oh right, our weightings are the same as well - 60% coursework and 40% exam

Not expecting an A* to be honest but I think if we do decent in the coursework and really good in the exam we should get at least a high B or low A..
Reply 9
Not expecting an A* to be honest but I think if we do decent in the coursework and really good in the exam we should get at least a high B or low A..

Same tbh, if I can get a B or even a low A, i'll be happy
Reply 10
Same tbh, if I can get a B or even a low A, i'll be happy

Same. :smile:
Reply 11
Have until monday to get coursework in and im pissing myself.

Quick Reply

Latest