The Student Room Group

Bad mock results

Hi I've done all my mocks and I'm rlly scared to tell my parents my grades I've been hiding it for a week and crying every single day. This is all I've got back so far . I don't know what to do.

Physics C
Chemistry C
French (reading and speaking only) A
Maths A
English Lit 7
English language 7

Also my history teacher said that our mocks had generally depressed from our year 10 exam results but I don't see how that can be because last year I barely revised and I actually revised this year.

Scroll to see replies

Just quit.
They're only mocks dude, don't worry.

It's now your chance to work really hard and smash the real ones.
Reply 3
Original post by kirstenolivia
Hi I've done all my mocks and I'm rlly scared to tell my parents my grades I've been hiding it for a week and crying every single day. This is all I've got back so far . I don't know what to do.

Physics C
Chemistry C
French (reading and speaking only) A
Maths A
English Lit 7
English language 7

Also my history teacher said that our mocks had generally depressed from our year 10 exam results but I don't see how that can be because last year I barely revised and I actually revised this year.

It's not that bad. It's average.
Jesus Christ the standards on TSR are high, anyone I know would be HAPPY with those results wtf? The only thing I think you could get better in is the sciences
Original post by Popsiclez
Jesus Christ the standards on TSR are high, anyone I know would be HAPPY with those results wtf? The only thing I think you could get better in is the sciences

Relax yourself. High expectations of oneself is a good thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moltenmo
Relax yourself. High expectations of oneself is a good thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Completely disagree.
I have parents evening in 5 days and I'm rlly scared.
Your grades aren't bad at all, in fact they are above average. The only ones that could be considered slighty off are your science grades, but really they are still fine. I don't know how strict your parents are, but odds are they'll be proud of you and your grades no matter what you get as long as you tried your hardest. You just need to tell them, they won't be angry at you. At the end of the day, these are just mocks, and you have time to improve before the real exams, you just have to be willing to work hard and put the effort in.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kirstenolivia
I have parents evening in 5 days and I'm rlly scared.

I had parents evening last Thursday and remember making a thread about how scared I was honestly it went ok the only subject my parents were pissed about were art because im beind on Coursework, its just good comments and ways you can improve and extra things you can do, the only bad comments you get are from subjects you often really misbehave in and are totaly behind in. From your results your Parents evening is gonna go amazingly.
Completely disagree.

Ofcourse you would disagree lol. If you have high expectations, this can be a confidence booster during those stressful periods called exams because you are aware of your strengths and capabilities.

However, you could feel under greater pressure as a result so I can see your point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ofcourse you would disagree lol. If you have high expectations, this can be a confidence booster during those stressful periods called exams because you are aware of your strengths and capabilities.

However, you could feel under greater pressure as a result so I can see your point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing aggravates me more than seeing your name in my notifications, there I said it! Bye.
Nothing aggravates me more than seeing your name in my notifications, there I said it! Bye.

Just because I talk sense? All I ever see you promoting is cheating lmao. You go around different threads telling people to cheat because the system is "unfair". Get a grip. Don't make excuses for your stupidity or unwillingness to study for good grades. That's again the honest truth. If you don't want people to speak against you, start talking sense. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just because I talk sense? All I ever see you promoting is cheating lmao. You go around different threads telling people to cheat because the system is "unfair". Get a grip. Don't make excuses for your stupidity or unwillingness to study for good grades. That's again the honest truth. If you don't want people to speak against you, start talking sense. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't promote cheating all I do is acknowledge the fact that people find cracks in the system and exploit it but I dont condone it, I'm neutral. Also please stop bullying me like you always do :frown:
The worlds a cold dark place which punishes those who fall behind in the race of living a life of financial comfort, these grades will not keep your head above the ravaging violent sea of society. Competition is high don't moan on a thread on the student room work harder the consequences are real and merciless.
Love from, Dad.
I don't promote cheating all I do is acknowledge the fact that people find cracks in the system and exploit it but I dont condone it, I'm neutral. Also please stop bullying me like you always do :frown:

If you don't mind me asking, how am I bullying you? If you think fair and honest criticism is bullying, then God help you.:tsr2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't mind me asking, how am I bullying you? If you think fair and honest criticism is bullying, then God help you.:tsr2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're bullying me again! Stop!
Original post by DopeSlanger
The worlds a cold dark place which punishes those who fall behind in the race of living a life of financial comfort, these grades will not keep your head above the ravaging violent sea of society. Competition is high don't moan on a thread on the student room work harder the consequences are real and merciless.
Love from, Dad.

Thank you Dad I will work harder for you and hit the textbooks and revision notes.
Its not a god damn joke!
You're bullying me again! Stop!

Lol, I will just stop arguing with a 6-year-old. Continue your good work of promoting others to cheat and continuously moaning about the system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest