The Student Room Group

Biology/chemistry revision guide ocr

Hello,
I'm doing OCR for my Chem and Bio A levels. Does anyone know of the endorsed revision guides by OCR and if they're good. I've got the CGP ones but a lot of people have told me that they miss out a lot of information etc. and to be honest they're almost as long as the proper textbook. Also, how do you guys revise? Any tips?
Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by wannabedentistry
Hello,
I'm doing OCR for my Chem and Bio A levels. Does anyone know of the endorsed revision guides by OCR and if they're good. I've got the CGP ones but a lot of people have told me that they miss out a lot of information etc. and to be honest they're almost as long as the proper textbook. Also, how do you guys revise? Any tips?
Thank you.

CGP one will be useful for quick revision, and it'll help even more if you read it along with textbooks. Stick to doing LOTS and LOTS of practice questions, as you'll get used to the marking criteria and dealing with exam questions.

Other than that, this one is pretty useful.
Original post by kkboyk
CGP one will be useful for quick revision, and it'll help even more if you read it along with textbooks. Stick to doing LOTS and LOTS of practice questions, as you'll get used to the marking criteria and dealing with exam questions.

Other than that, this one is pretty useful.

Thank you so much!
The one you linked from Amazon, is it more summarised than the CGP one or would you say it has more detail?

Quick Reply

Latest