The Student Room Group

Is Wembley a safe place to live?

I am looking for student accomodation in London and there is a student hall in Wembley which is at a good price. So, Is Wembley a good and safe place to live?

Thank you for reading!
(edited 7 years ago)
Moved to Student Accommodation.
Reply 2
Original post by Rock Fan
Moved to Student Accommodation.

Thank you😀
I can't speak specifically for student halls, but I do live in Wembley and as far as I'm aware it's perfectly safe 😊
Reply 4
Original post by cherryblossoming
I can't speak specifically for student halls, but I do live in Wembley and as far as I'm aware it's perfectly safe 😊

Thank you for your answer!!. It's reassuring
Original post by Alextox
Thank you for your answer!!. It's reassuring

Yeah - I definitely wouldn't worry too much.

Out of curiosity what university are you studying/will you be studying at? Also what degree are you doing? :tongue:
Reply 6
Not the absolute safest area in the world (the first stabbing of 2017 has taken place in Wembley), but having been born and bred in Wembley I can say I have never personally experienced any trouble nor have any of my friends to my knowledge.
Reply 7
Yeah - I definitely wouldn't worry too much.

Out of curiosity what university are you studying/will you be studying at? Also what degree are you doing? :tongue:

I would like to study a Master of Science of Immunology at Imperial College:biggrin:. Currently I'm studying Pharmacy
Original post by Alextox
I would like to study a Master of Science of Immunology at Imperial College:biggrin:. Currently I'm studying Pharmacy

Cool!

Good luck with your studies :h:
Reply 9
Original post by STLJA
Not the absolute safest area in the world (the first stabbing of 2017 has taken place in Wembley), but having been born and bred in Wembley I can say I have never personally experienced any trouble nor have any of my friends to my knowledge.

To make it clear, it isn't like South Kensington but not like Harlesden, is it?
Reply 10
Cool!

Good luck with your studies :h:

Thank you so much!!:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Alextox
To make it clear, it isn't like South Kensington but not like Harlesden, is it?

Lol pretty much. Areas like Stonebridge Park and Harlesden are notoriously rough. Wembley is not angelic but not as bad as those areas.
Reply 12
Original post by STLJA
Lol pretty much. Areas like Stonebridge Park and Harlesden are notoriously rough. Wembley is not angelic but not as bad as those areas.

Thank you so much for your answer!!

Quick Reply