The Student Room Group

Which TV show do you think had the worst ending?

After completing all of Star Trek last night, I can safely say that for me personally, Star Trek Enterprise had the worst ending to a show I've ever seen.

Spoiler

So what TV show had the worst finale in your opinion? What do you think could have been done to improve it?

Scroll to see replies

Didn't like the endings of How I Met Your Mother or Dexter
Community. But it was very off-beat after Season 4, never really recaptured it's essence.

Did make me sad though.
Reply 3
How I Met Your Mother.
Original post by Airmed
How I Met Your Mother.

PRSOM All that to end up with the mother dying, I much prefer the alternate ending.
Reply 5
Original post by Spock's Socks
After completing all of Star Trek last night, I can safely say that for me personally, Star Trek Enterprise had the worst ending to a show I've ever seen.

Spoiler

So what TV show had the worst finale in your opinion? What do you think could have been done to improve it?

The tv show 'Chuck' has a **** ending. I got so consumed by their relationship then they ****ed me over and i felt empty for a week or so
Wasn't a huge fan of the ending to HIMYM. I really enjoyed watching it but just didn't like how it ended.

Spoiler

Bluestone 42
Original post by Dafock
The tv show 'Chuck' has a **** ending. I got so consumed by their relationship then they ****ed me over and i felt empty for a week or so

nonononoonononoono take that back.
Chuck is my favourite tv show.

I quite liked the ending. Left it on a cliffhanger. In the end I don't think it matters whether or not she got her memories back.
But I know what you mean they spent 5 years building up the relationship just to go to point one again. But that was sort of the point that she would fall in love with him again.
Not sure about the worst. But the fourth season of Torchwood just wasn't up to scratch.
Reply 10
Original post by Kholmes1
nonononoonononoono take that back.
Chuck is my favourite tv show.

I quite liked the ending. Left it on a cliffhanger. In the end I don't think it matters whether or not she got her memories back.
But I know what you mean they spent 5 years building up the relationship just to go to point one again. But that was sort of the point that she would fall in love with him again.

I just remember binge watching it non stop for a week or 2. I stayed up like 2 nights in a row. So much commitment and it finished like that. Fock no!
Original post by Dafock
I just remember binge watching it non stop for a week or 2. I stayed up like 2 nights in a row. So much commitment and it finished like that. Fock no!

The first time I watched it was live. Not sure if I watched the first season live. Think I started watching it around s2. I remember being desperate to buy 3d glasses for the 3d episodes.
Reply 12
The first time I watched it was live. Not sure if I watched the first season live. Think I started watching it around s2. I remember being desperate to buy 3d glasses for the 3d episodes.

there were 3d episodes O.o im not true fan like you i just watched it all on netflix haha
Original post by Dafock
there were 3d episodes O.o im not true fan like you i just watched it all on netflix haha

Yeah. It was Chuck vs the third dimension. The one with the rockstar Tyler Martin?? (Charlie from Lost)
I was like 8 or something when I first started watching.
Original post by Dafock

That's a good shout. I didn't like it either. I kinda came around to it in the end but as it was happening I thought it was awful and still don't think it was good.
Wasn't a huge fan of the ending to HIMYM. I really enjoyed watching it but just didn't like how it ended.

Spoiler

Someone who has seen HIMYM and pokemon? Finally my search has ended lol. Never would have I thought that would occur. :biggrin:

The only great thing about HIMYM is Barney's final scene with Ellie. I would be lying if I said that did not get to me. :cry::cry2::cry:
Reply 16
Prison break. So bad even the producers have said to basically ignore that first ending so they could do another series years later
Original post by Spock's Socks

Spoiler

Enterprise was pretty good imo especially S2 and S3, but you should remember they were struggling for money by S4, which is why it didnt have a consistent story arc and ended with it a bit in limbo. It dodnt come nack because they couldnt raise the £10m needed and people were a bit Trek exhausted.

Deadwood because they just pulled the plug when it was getting really good. They didnt even try and wrap things up.
Carnivale similar plug pulled.
I didnt like the ending of the Sopranos either.

Firefly for the cancelation.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Also Scrubs. Left it open for a spinoff series which was terrible and got cancelled.
Lost. It started out so well and by the last series just got terrible.

Quick Reply

Latest