The Student Room Group

Mens Tights & Shorts as casual wear

Want some opinions on what people think of guys wearing tights with shorts over them.

I reckon it has the potential to make a decent fit if you do it right
I didnt know it was possible to put the words mens and tights together. Men shouldnt be wearing tights and if I saw a "man" wearing them I would be concerned
Reply 2
Original post by AperfectBalance
I didnt know it was possible to put the words mens and tights together. Men shouldnt be wearing tights and if I saw a "man" wearing them I would be concerned

Really? There's quite a large market for mens tights now on sports website like adidas and Nike. They aren't at all like women's tights, they are properly thick and im some cases look like very skinny jeans without the discomfort.
Reply 3
i think tights can look good on men, especially if they have muscular legs. i wasn't familiar with the concept of men's tights with shorts over them until now but i googled it and it looks kind of cool. think you have to look a certain way to pull it off though.
Reply 4
Original post by chiqpeas
i think tights can look good on men, especially if they have muscular legs. i wasn't familiar with the concept of men's tights with shorts over them until now but i googled it and it looks kind of cool. think you have to look a certain way to pull it off though.

I'm a slightly heavier guy but my calves are massive sooo yeahhh
Reply 5
People will think it's weird since no other guys do it (except for those wearing a costume). I wear running skins and shorts majority of the times (like the image below), though thats a different situation compared to yours.

Original post by PhilipG1
Want some opinions on what people think of guys wearing tights with shorts over them.

I reckon it has the potential to make a decent fit if you do it right

I usually do something like this but generally at home.

I'll wear white long johns the thermal legging things for men. Then I'll wear shorts over them. I get told it looks weird.
Reply 7
Original post by Numan786
I usually do something like this but generally at home.

I'll wear white long johns the thermal legging things for men. Then I'll wear shorts over them. I get told it looks weird.

I suppose it depends on the length of what people call 'compression pants' cus tights sound girly I suppose. Well I'll try it tomorrow at uni and see what happens.
I suppose it depends on the length of what people call 'compression pants' cus tights sound girly I suppose. Well I'll try it tomorrow at uni and see what happens.

TBH just go for it. I'd wear them out and about if I needed to go out. If you don't care about it then other people most likely wont care.

Who knows maybe it'll catch on? :s-smilie:hrugs:
Reply 9
Original post by kkboyk
People will think it's weird since no other guys do it (except for those wearing a costume). I wear running skins and shorts majority of the times (like the image below), though thats a different situation compared to yours.

that is kinda what im talkin bout but those bottoms are fairly short imo, mine are definitely longer
Reply 10
Reppin, cant really tell what's going cus black but all adidas

adidas NMD_R1 'Black Cargo'
adidas Performance No-Show Thin Socks
adidas Sequencials Climaheat Tights
adidas CLFN FT Shorts

FullSizeRender.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Reppin, cant really tell what's going cus black but all adidas

adidas NMD_R1 'Black Cargo'
adidas Performance No-Show Thin Socks
adidas Sequencials Climaheat Tights
adidas CLFN FT Shorts

FullSizeRender.jpg

I like the all black aesthetic :top:
Reply 12
Nothing wrong with it. Its modest and yet comfy AF to wear if it's too cold to just wear shorts or too hot to wear jeans. Looks in trend at the moment. Basketballers wear this look now and I know a lot of the younger guys like to emulate this look.
tights on men?
that is moist
Wow! How narrow minded. I wear them myself, and have only ever received compliments. What`s the basis of your concern?Guys have legs, so why not dress them up a bit?
Reply 15
haters gonna hate
Reply 16
I’m a fan of this combo. I’ve bought tights sew on shorts in Zara and can’t say anything wrong.
Hi i am using Men's Ultra-flexible Yoga Short in Tri-color (Royal w/Orange
i find them cool, too.

Quick Reply

Latest