The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL History (and joint schools) Applicants & Offer Holders 2017

This is for everyone who has applied or is holding an offer from UCL to study History (+ joint schools) for 2017 entry!

Please feel free to post your:
- GCSE grades (or equivalent)
- AS grades (if applicable) or equivalent
- A Level grades (predictions) or equivalent
- Other Uni choices and whether UCL is your first choice
- Status of your application

Useful links:

UCL History Faculty website (for course outlines etc.) - https://www.ucl.ac.uk/history

UCL Faculty of Social and Historical Sciences - http://www.ucl.ac.uk/shs/

Reading lists for UCL History modules (2016/2017) - http://readinglists.ucl.ac.uk/search.html?q=history

Scholarships: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/scholarships/

Accomodation: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will start:

I am an international student (currently studying in the UK), applying for History and European Language (Spanish) BA

- GCSE's - 10 A*, 1 A
- AS - AAA in Maths Spanish and Russian + new A-Levels in History and Physics (no AS)
- A Level predictions - A*A*A*A
- Other Uni's - Oxford (Rejection pre-interview), Edinburgh (Offer - ABB), Manchester (Offer - AAB), Southampton (Offer - AAB). UCL is now my first choice!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I applied for History with French

- GCSE grades: 5 A*s 4As 1B

- AS grades (if applicable) AAABB

- A Level grades (predictions) AAA (retaking French as I'm on my gap year)

- Other Uni choices and whether UCL is your first choice:
Nottingham (Unconditional), Queen Marys (Unconditional), Sheffield (ABB), UCL (AAA) and waiting to hear from Durham

- Status of your application: Offer for History with French of AAA :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Ellaturney

Nottingham (Unconditional), Queen Marys (Unconditional), Sheffield (ABB), UCL (AAA) and waiting to hear from Durham

Well done on your offer! Hopefully I'll get AAA too, just to feel more secure!
Reply 4

Is UCL your first choice or Durham?
Original post by Nikita_2313
Is UCL your first choice or Durham?

Thank you! I'm sure you'll get one too! Durham I think but I'm unlikely to get an offer and love UCL so much so I'm fine either way :smile:

That's amazing congrats!!! I have an unconditional from Queen Mary UoL too! Still waiting to hear back from UCL though! When did you apply? :smile:
Reply 7
Hi, I'm an international student and I applied for history.

I'm taking IB, so my predicted grade was 40 points out of 45 and 666 for HL subjects
(equivalent to AAA according to ucas)

I've applied to Oxford (rejected after interview), King's (offer for 666=AAA), Queen Mary (AAB) and Royal Holloway (unconditional)

I'm still waiting for UCL to reply ... Did they ask you guys to send any essay/questionaire? They haven't asked me anything but my application status is still "application received"
Reply 8
Original post by kayohno13

I'm taking IB, so my predicted grade was 40 points out of 45 and 666 for HL subjects

I've applied to Oxford (rejected after interview), King's (offer for 666=AAA), Queen Mary (AAB) and Royal Holloway (unconditional)

I'm still waiting for UCL to reply ... Did they ask you guys to send any essay/questionaire? They haven't asked me anything but my application status is still "application received"

Yes, I was asked to send an essay on a history book I've read recently. That was towards the end of October.
Reply 9
Yes, I was asked to send an essay on a history book I've read recently. That was towards the end of October.

Oh really? Thank you for the info, I've heard that some people were asked to send their essays . Why didn't they ask me anything... 😓
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by laurajayne2305
That's amazing congrats!!! I have an unconditional from Queen Mary UoL too! Still waiting to hear back from UCL though! When did you apply? :smile:

Thank you! haha snap! I applied October 19th but I only heard back last week so I had a long wait :smile:
Original post by kayohno13

I was asked to write a short essay on how historians prove their arguments in November I think :smile: Double check the UCL portal because my friend didn't realise they asked her to write one as well (luckily she checked before the deadline)
I was asked to write a short essay on how historians prove their arguments in November I think :smile: Double check the UCL portal because my friend didn't realise they asked her to write one as well (luckily she checked before the deadline)

Congrats for your offer! Wow, they told you to write something extra? Thanks for the reply XD It'll be too late for me to check that now though (^^:wink:
Reply 13
Hey!

My A-level results are A*AB

- I submitted my application to UCAS in November for two courses at UCL: German and History AND History with a Year Abroad.
- I have received unconditional offers from Kings, Bristol and Leeds but I am waiting for my UCL (1st choice) :smile:

I received an email from UCL asking me to complete an essay/questionnaire for History with a Year Abroad in November and haven't had a reply yet!
Original post by yukomikk
Hey!

My A-level results are A*AB

- I submitted my application to UCAS in November for two courses at UCL: German and History AND History with a Year Abroad.
- I have received unconditional offers from Kings, Bristol and Leeds but I am waiting for my UCL (1st choice) :smile:

I received an email from UCL asking me to complete an essay/questionnaire for History with a Year Abroad in November and haven't had a reply yet!

Well done on your offers! Which of the two UCL courses would you prefer to do then?
Thank you! haha snap! I applied October 19th but I only heard back last week so I had a long wait :smile:

Ah ok thank you! I submitted the questionnaire on how historians prove their arguments in December so hopefully I'll hear back soon! Were you at QMUL interview day on 16th Nov? :smile:
Hi!

- GCSE grades (or equivalent): N/A
-IB grades: 41 points, 776 in Higher Levels (History, French, English literature)
- Other Uni choices: Cambridge (rejected), LSE (Offer), Durham (Offer) and York (Offer). UCL first choice!
- Application sent off mid-October, asked to do questionnaire in late November. Received an unconditional offer last week for BA History! :smile:
Just got an offer for History and Spanish, A*AA! Tough, but doable!
Just got an offer for History and Spanish, A*AA! Tough, but doable!

Congratulations!
Original post by laurajayne2305
Ah ok thank you! I submitted the questionnaire on how historians prove their arguments in December so hopefully I'll hear back soon! Were you at QMUL interview day on 16th Nov? :smile:

No I wasn't (maybe because I got my offer in October for QMUL so they didn't need to interview me but I'm not sure!) Good luck! Where else did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending