The Student Room Group

Will my GCSEs hold me back in life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunshine774
Oh I hope you're better now!x:smile: And well done for getting to Cambridge!x:biggrin: Just I can't stop thinking about my GCSE grades and if they are good enough (I'm an idiot and I did no revision)...

I didn't do any revision either but I was catching up with the last four and a quarter years of education up until the day before my GCSEs so I didn't have time to revise like most people do. Thanks so much, but I have a brutal offer (A*A*A with an A* in History) so I don't think I'll actually be going since I am bound to miss those grades :P
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I didn't do any revision either but I was catching up with the last four and a quarter years of education up until the day before my GCSEs so I didn't have time to revise like most people do. Thanks so much, but I have a brutal offer (A*A*A with an A* in History) so I don't think I'll actually be going since I am bound to miss those grades :P

At least you got an offer well done!!!:smile: Lol yeah I had time but just wasted it...:redface:
No I'm sure you'll meet it!!! Just a few more months to go you can do it!!!:biggrin:
They gave you an offer so they obviously think you have potential!!! Go and smash those exams and think how happy you'll be on results day!!!:biggrin:
Original post by sunshine774
At least you got an offer well done!!!:smile: Lol yeah I had time but just wasted it...:redface:
No I'm sure you'll meet it!!! Just a few more months to go you can do it!!!:biggrin:
They gave you an offer so they obviously think you have potential!!! Go and smash those exams and think how happy you'll be on results day!!!:biggrin:

A*A*A with A* in History would be achievable if I could trust examiners with humanities subjects :lol: We'll see, I've already started proper revision. Best of luck if you are applying, and I am here to offer any advice. :smile:
Yah.
Original post by SteamboatMickey
A*A*A with A* in History would be achievable if I could trust examiners with humanities subjects :lol: We'll see, I've already started proper revision. Best of luck if you are applying, and I am here to offer any advice. :smile:

Ha ha that is the problem with humanities subjects but I guess it could also work to your advantage!:smile: (Happened to me...:wink:)
Yeah I'm sure you'll do it!x:biggrin:
Yeah I do want to apply in 2017 - I am currently doing AS and I want to apply for economics!:h: Thanks- do you have any advice on how to prepare yourself for the interview and how to write a good PS?:smile: Do you HAVE to do lots of extracurricular activities?:smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Crazy Paving
Yah.

Mhm?
Original post by AshEntropy

I promise it's not, Messiah. It's about maths and the incredible competition of graduate jobs - I'm not saying that my GCSEs are "bad" or that anything below is bad, I'm just asking if it will hold me back due to competition and the like.

lmao nowhere gives a **** about maths unless you're going into a graduate job where you'll actually need it. They're gonna be far more concerned with your current self rather than how well 16 year old you did years ago.

Original post by AshEntropy
New Question:

Would it be safe to say that employers would highly value relevant Work Experience ?

Yeah, they like experienced people cause those people know what they're doing. Or at least should know... kinda.
Reply 47
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Yeah, they like experienced people cause those people know what they're doing. Or at least should know... kinda.

Righteo getting work experience is high on my list of things to do :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest