The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rayofsunshine98
All of mine actually! I have an offer from Sussex, two from Nottingham and one from UEA, the latter is unconditional if I choose to firm it. But it's then what to put for an insurance choice that's getting me. It's been an ambition of mine for years, but I really didn't think I was getting an offer! But I'm debating rejecting Cambridge because some of my teachers are already (literally by Thursday afternoon) on my case about making sure I don't do too much extra curricular and do enough work on my a levels. What they don't see is that if I don't do the clubs they might as well hospitalise me now because I'll have a mental breakdown, and I've literally worked all weekend other than a couple of hours each morning - so I'm definitely doing enough! My higher Nottingham offer was only 1 grade lower than Cambridge, but they weren't making a fuss then haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you manage to endure so much work? I need to know :P I feel like I always get distracted when I revise and, even though I plan to get five or six hours done at the weekend, I only get about three hours done.
I hope you all are working hard :smile:
Original post by jamestg

Gonna start staying back late from college this week :redface: although not on Thursday cos I'm having dental surgery sadly

Thanks. First generation going to university so I'm a bit clueless.
Original post by Titania_Fleuret_
tis the second time ive seen this pic this weekend and im stressed

Hahahahah girlll don't be you're the real productive one 👌🏼
Reply 805
Original post by Richard971
Thanks. First generation going to university so I'm a bit clueless.

No problem.
Basically if you qualify you get it automatically.

Don't hesitate to ask about anything else. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That moment when you haven't started thinking about revision :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Original post by jamestg

How hard are you working?
First Sunday without Sherlock :frown: excuse me whilst I grieve
Original post by Richard971
How do you manage to endure so much work? I need to know :P I feel like I always get distracted when I revise and, even though I plan to get five or six hours done at the weekend, I only get about three hours done.

That's not too bad. Try do the pomodoro technique maybe?
(edited 7 years ago)

When calculating household income, does your own personal income come into the equation? I've read differing opinions on the matter, some saying it does, and other saying it does not - that it's only your parents income, even though I would have thought it does count.
Reply 811
Original post by liziepie
When calculating household income, does your own personal income come into the equation? I've read differing opinions on the matter, some saying it does, and other saying it does not - that it's only your parents income, even though I would have thought it does count.

Yes it is. Note this doesn't include capital (eg. savings, property)

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance/household-income

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by citibankrec
How hard are you working?

Depends on the day.

Today, very hard.
I really need a boost to work, I kind of wish I'd got rejected because it would have made me work harder. In order to revise effectively I need to clean my shithole of a room, but I just cba. I've tried for days and I just can't. I have the motivation to revise but not do this room.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
I really need a boost to work, I kind of wish I'd got rejected because it would have made me work harder. In order to revise effectively I need to clean my shithole of a room, but I just cba. I've tried for days and I just can't. I have the motivation to revise but not do this room.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have the motivation to revise but I'm starting to feel less and less optimistic about meeting my offer
Original post by jamestg
Depends on the day.

Today, very hard.

How many hours we talking?
Original post by Obiejess

Posted from TSR Mobile

cam2.png

Every time I need a motivation boost I look at pretty pictures of Cambridge to get me going :tongue:
Original post by citibankrec
How many hours we talking?

Sorry for butting in but..

If I quoted my hours of 'work' last weekend I would have been happy. However, realistically only a fraction was actually useful/non procrastinating...

Yeah if I got rejected I would feel less pressured, and also feel less guilty when I'm not working

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liziepie
cam2.png

Every time I need a motivation boost I look at pretty pictures of Cambridge to get me going :tongue:

Thanks m8 that is beautiful. Am gonna save it and use it if you don't mind :tongue:
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
That's not too bad. Try do the pomodoro technique maybe?

This sounds really stupid, but what exactly is the pomodoro technique...? TvT

Latest

Trending

Trending