The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fablereader
Shouldn't the suspense have reduced you to a mental wreck by now? :biggrin:

I wasn't really expecting much of this revenge plan of yours... Consequently I am fully functioning, but thank you for your concern :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by carpenoctem
I wasn't really expecting much of this revenge plan of yours... Consequently I am fully functioning, but thank you for your concern :smile:

Spoiler

Eh, that was only one hoped-for effect. Since it isn't happening, I'll have to consider moving up the timetable ... :biggrin:

That was the most hilarious thing I have seen all day (other than your attempt to seek revenge of course). Three reasons why I think that failed:

1) I listen to K-pop ergo I am immune to crazy J-pop
2) I have had the leekspin.com site open for 4 hours straight before
3) I am invincibile

Spoiler

Original post by carpenoctem
That was the most hilarious thing I have seen all day (other than your attempt to seek revenge of course). Three reasons why I think that failed:

1) I listen to K-pop ergo I am immune to crazy J-pop
2) I have had the leekspin.com site open for 4 hours straight before
3) I am invincibile

Spoiler

Well, there goes my big guns ... do you have any idea how torturous it is? @Barbastelle had it stuck in her head for days. I've barely managed to watch that mesmerizing display of pink horror only a few times, and there are scars in my brain.

Time to come up with plan B ...
Original post by fablereader
Well, there goes my big guns ... do you have any idea how torturous it is? @Barbastelle had it stuck in her head for days. I've barely managed to watch that mesmerizing display of pink horror only a few times, and there are scars in my brain.

Time to come up with plan B ...

Probably not to share the hideous revenge that I first came up with :colone:
A reminder: CambTweet question and answer TONIGHT on twitter - 9pm UK time. Just tweet directly to an account (main account is @cambtweetcusu) or use the hashtag #cambtweet in your tweet. There's no such thing as a question too big or small, nor stupid - it's open to all. :biggrin:
Original post by Paralove
A reminder: CambTweet question and answer TONIGHT on twitter - 9pm UK time. Just tweet directly to an account (main account is @cambtweetcusu) or use the hashtag #cambtweet in your tweet. There's no such thing as a question too big or small, nor stupid - it's open to all. :biggrin:

I look forward to it (!!!)
Original post by unknowntsr
Just wondering why?

It's not set in stone, the thought just crossed my mind that it might be easier to apply to somewhere that hasn't previously rejected me.

I do still love Cambridge......
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Oh the Byrony!
It's not set in stone, the thought just crossed my mind that it might be easier to apply to somewhere that hasn't previously rejected you.

I do still love Cambridge......

Sorry you got rejected man :frown:
Is it frowned upon in the admissions process if you reapply while starting your first year in another uni as opposed to taking a gap year does anyone know?
Original post by delto99
Is it frowned upon in the admissions process if you reapply while starting your first year in another uni as opposed to taking a gap year does anyone know?

Yes, if you are Attending a UK university, less so if you are at an overseas university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by threeportdrift
Yes, if you are Attending a UK university, less so if you are at an overseas university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it the same case for Oxford?
Original post by delto99
Is it the same case for Oxford?

Oxford is more open to the idea. But a challenge remains, how do you get an excellent reference from your university despite only being there for a month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Oxford is more open to the idea. But a challenge remains, how do you get an excellent reference from your university despite only being there for a month.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awe :frown: Does the reference have to be from the uni or could I not just get my old sixth form to write one?

Thank you so much for the replies btw!
Original post by delto99
Awe :frown: Does the reference have to be from the uni or could I not just get my old sixth form to write one?

Might be best to ask in The Other Place's forum :wink:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14

But this is what the university itself says:
"If possible, your reference should come from one of the academic staff at your current university."
https://uni-of-oxford.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/547/~/can-i-apply-for-an-undergraduate-degree-course-if-i-am-already-studying-at
Original post by delto99

Original post by jneill
Might be best to ask in The Other Place's forum :wink:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14

But this is what the university itself says:
"If possible, your reference should come from one of the academic staff at your current university."
https://uni-of-oxford.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/547/~/can-i-apply-for-an-undergraduate-degree-course-if-i-am-already-studying-at

Yes you can get reference from your old sixth form but a reference from your university is preferred. Alternatively I think BrasenoseAdm answered this question in one of the threads earlier on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Yes you can get reference from your old sixth form but a reference from your university is preferred. Alternatively I think BrasenoseAdm answered this question in one of the threads earlier on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For some reason I don't feel like LSE would appreciate me asking for recommendations.... :colondollar: Thanks a mill for the quick replies anyhoo!
Also does anyone know if the autopooling was supposed to include international students? Thats just something thats been bothering me :/
Original post by delto99
For some reason I don't feel like LSE would appreciate me asking for recommendations.... :colondollar: Thanks a mill for the quick replies anyhoo!
Also does anyone know if the autopooling was supposed to include international students? Thats just something thats been bothering me :/

If they had qualifying AS-levels with UMS then yes.

Or if they are post qualification with A*A*A* or IB 42 & 776.
Original post by jneill
If they had qualifying AS-levels with UMS then yes.

Or if they are post qualification with A*A*A* or IB 42 & 776.

Seriously?! Would it have said it on my rejection letter if I was pooled but wasn't fished out?

Latest

Trending

Trending